Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:51 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:40 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
h2005 wrote:
Tom22 wrote:
No stats from me today due to technical problems :evil:

Slacker :P

I think I've destroyed another computer.... :cry: :roll:

Now we know why Liam, Gracey & Suzi have been crying on DOND recently! :P

I was nearly crying :| What does that say about me... but thanks too a phillips screwdriver, an old toothbrush, a hoover and alot of taking wires out and hoping I'm putting them back in the right place everythings working again so I should be good for tomorrow now...

It was a good game and he was alright. I'm not so sure about the Dream offer being offered at the third offer though, surely it would be more affective nearer the end (and why would you want an executive box all too your self anyway? I'd want all the past players in there and I'd want Sir Alex to offer me tea at half time :P )

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:48 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

That was completely boring. Couldn't get into it at all and Shane was as dull in the game as he was in the wings. The "dream offer" was a joke at any point in the game, and the call back to say they could take the kids was pathetic. Like it made a difference.

Nice to see Clayton get told off, though, he's absolutely clueless. I predict he'll go away with a big win.

And as for Noel..."It's box 7 or box 4. Oh look, those are the numbers on your badges, how spooky is that?" Errrmmm... it's not very spooky at all Noel, those are the nuimbers on his badges so he left them to the end... :?

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Dear oh dear. Another day another squander. :roll:

What will it take for one of this clueless lot to actually have a go at winning the £250k when its there, or even just go an extra round to get a mega-offer?

I just love the look of desperation on the contestants faces as their worst nightmare comes true and the £250k doesn't get revealed after their spineless deal. Its so pathetic its compulsive viewing.

And Shane was about as charismatic as a bowl of cold soup.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:

Actually, he beat the banker. He sold a £10 box for £15,000.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

game felt a bit contrived with 250k being in 7 or 4 which were his badges. imo

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

That was probably the first game I've seen in it's entirity for well over a month and nothing much seems to have changed while I was away! :? It was a fairly understandable deal given the chance of collapse but it seems the 'cautious player gets a good board' and 'gambling player gets a bad board' situation still prevails!

Tis' a bit strange watching a game where you haven't got a clue who any of the players actually are. They seem a decent enough bunch - the highlight for me, and I apologise if it's for medical reasons or such like, was observing what must surely be a wig on top of Les's head... :?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

It is quite irritating to think that over the past 2 days, the players could've won £50,000 and £70,000 respectively, by taking only a moderate risk. You'd have thought that Sylvia's game might have had an effect on Shane so he'd be more inclined to go for it... although he may have been thinking the £250k couldn't end up in the final two 2 days in a row. High wins don't always mean good shows but we are long overdue a mega win and the last 2 shows would've certainly been improved if they'd been mega money wins.

It does feel these days as though the players are there simply to deal at an attractive offer, even if it's bad for the board. Shane's offer wasn't too bad but there was definitely a case for going on due to the presence of £15k as well as £250k.

Unfortunately the show seems to have got itself into a pit which has developed into a vicious circle. Those who do "go for it" end up winning a blue, which makes players extra cautious. But even when players deal and could've had more, they don't seem bothered and just think about what they dealt at, so this vicious circle just continues. Blue wins hang over the dream factory like a dark cloud, but games where the player could've had more by dealing later seem to be quickly forgotten about.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

70k down the drain.........nice! I not even irritated by this because its just normal proceedure on dond now!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Whoopidoo.

By just taking a moderate risk he could have got £70,000. The truth is the Banker pwned his ar*e and saved himself £55,000 in the process.

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:37 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Whoopidoo.

By just taking a moderate risk he could have got £70,000. The truth is the Banker pwned his ar*e and saved himself £55,000 in the process.

Well said, basic! :twisted: ;)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think the definition of "beating the banker" isn't rigid anyway. It seems a bit odd that Noel and others refer to players like today as "beating the banker" when they didn't at all really. What's in the box is fairly meaningless if they deal a very poor offer for the board (although Shane's deal wasn't that bad). I doubt people would be quick to say £22,500 Richard had beaten the banker if he'd had £3,000 in his box though!

ilovedealornodeal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: ilovedealornodeal    Post subject: Video Clip Available

Just to let you all know the video of Shane's Game is now available.

http://ilovedealornodeal.co.uk/Shane-Tue-17-Jun-2008-4-15-PM/

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:10 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Actually I thought he was dishonest in the proveout - surely box 7 was the one he was going to leave, I know the other badge was 4 but 7 was the big shirt and everything - it seemed like he was trying to find the big money, and failed. Oops. If he'd done that there would have been no 70k offer. He wasn't very exciting anyway.

And poor old Clayton who had the sense to say how poor the £7,500 got absolutely villifed!

I think H is right about blue wins never seem to be forgotten but the big deals too early are conveiently forgotten. If people are working on the principle that 250k can't be on the table two days on the trot, then surely they could think there's conversely not going to be an endless run of blues after a bad game?

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:53 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Not a bad game today, not as good as yesterday's but still a decent enough game. £15,000 is a nice sum of money.

Shane was a nice enough bloke. Not cold soup like, as one forum member has described him.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

An alright game, but nothing particularly memorable. Shane was a nice enough lad but the game felt a bit flat. The deal was similar to Sylvia's yesterday, however unlike Sylvia, Shane at least had an extra back-up of £15,000 and it was less risky than yesterday.

It's a shame that in the last two shows the players haven't taken a risk to 2-box and then dealt. It would of been nice to have seen two £50,000+ wins after all the bad luck there's been and all the Banker's Prediction stuff.

Dhale750

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:27 pm    Author: Dhale750    Post subject:

It seems yesterday's squandering hasn't rubbed off on anybody. Funny really, the day after we get the biggest banker victory of all time we get a player that goes and makes a deal that was unquestionably even weaker.
But to say he beat the banker?? Ha..gimme a break. Describing games like this as banker beatings only goes to heavily cheapen the whole concept of "beating the banker". Its like H said, if Richard had had the £3000 would we have said he'd beaten the banker by selling it for £22,500? Would we b*llocks.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

JoelDavies wrote:
basicasic wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Whoopidoo.

Well said, basic! :twisted: ;)

He sold the box for more than it was worth. In my books, that's a banker beating. A banker spanking would be if Shane dealt at £70,000, which is obviously better, but I've a feeling that even if he did deal at £70,000, I think people would still be slagging him off calling him a coward etc!

Last edited by cookie_monster on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I liked Shane alot and didn't think him bland at all, I would rather have a player like that than someone who whoops the crowd up all the time, or does stupid dances, I thought his wife was charming.

It is such a hard decision when the 250000 is still there. He was a man with a young family and it is a very hard decision to make. Well done Shane

harryfielder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

It seems harder to win any big dosh.... :roll:

Aitch,

thundercat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:

I think a TBW means Technical BANKER WIN. I think that's far from a 'banker beating'. :roll: TPW would be a banker beating and OPW would be a banker spanking.

(If i've matched the definitions with the words correctly :roll: :lol: )

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]