Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:34 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
thundercat wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:
Dear oh dear. Another day another squander. :roll:

Actually, he beat the banker. He sold a £10 box for £15,000.

I think a TBW means Technical BANKER WIN. I think that's far from a 'banker beating'. :roll: TPW would be a banker beating and OPW would be a banker spanking.

(If i've matched the definitions with the words correctly :roll: :lol: )

I put "In my books" meaning that, according to myself, selling a box for more than it was worth is a banker beating. You can disagree if you like, but my opinion is my opinion, and I won't be changing it.

thundercat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
thundercat wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
basicasic wrote:

Actually, he beat the banker. He sold a £10 box for £15,000.

I think a TBW means Technical BANKER WIN. I think that's far from a 'banker beating'. :roll: TPW would be a banker beating and OPW would be a banker spanking.

(If i've matched the definitions with the words correctly :roll: :lol: )

I put "In my books" meaning that, according to myself, selling a box for more than it was worth is a banker beating. You can disagree if you like, but my opinion is my opinion, and I won't be changing it.

Maybe basicasic has his own opinion too.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

In my mind You only beat the banker if you deal at your peak offer of the whole game and then have less in your box too.
Or of course you open your box and its the biggest amount in the game to win and higher than any offers you had in previous rounds.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I guess everyone has a different view. All of us will be on a scale between optimistic and pessimistic views. I think that's as clear as we can make it! :smt102

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 pm    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Good game, a little dry perhaps but Shane came accross well and seems like a decent enough bloke.

The first round was very interesting with all 5 boxes falling within one or other of the power fives, I can't recall ever seeing an opening combination like that before, and thankfully it went in his favour (3-2 as Laura would have said)

Had a feeling when he spoke so passionately about his love of Man U that a dream offer of some sorts would be on the cards so no surprises there (and surely DO's always come at 11 box, don't they?)

What else? Well I don't really like to criticise any player for dealing because you don;t know their personal circumstances and how much the money means to them, I can certainly understand why a man with a young family would have felt the need to deal when he did, especially with the board stacked 3-2 against him
However I do think the banker could have offered at least a little more given the board he had, I'm sure that banter with the audience in the previous round influenced him to make a £15k offer rather than a little more (I'd have expected £18- 20)

Just a shame really he couldn't have found the top money in that final round and administered a good old fashioned Banker Spanking

Last edited by Moxx of Balhoom on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:14 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:

What will it take for one of this clueless lot to actually have a go at winning the £250k when its there, or even just go an extra round to get a mega-offer?

I just love the look of desperation on the contestants faces as their worst nightmare comes true and the £250k doesn't get revealed after their spineless deal. Its so pathetic its compulsive viewing.

I completely agree with you basic everyone just cops out at 15K nowadays regardless of offer generosity and there is no appitite for the huge money, even if he had been left with blue vs 15K he could have bailed out for a few grand at the end.

What to do about targetism. :?

This deal was even worse than yesterday's - even Sylvia had 4 blues there.

Mid 20s would have been a decent offer on that board.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Interesting game. Glad the "dream" holiday was offered at the 3rd offer because it really wasn't worth more than a couple of thousand at the most.

Wonder why if as Noel said, he muttered about what the 2 box offer would have been at 2-box if he kept the £250k in play, why he didn't ask out loud. The banker may not have told him but I'd always ask anyway.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:56 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

But he most probably would of still dealt anyway even if he did know what the 2-box offer would of been. So it most probably wouldn't of mattered anyway.

Though it was bound to be a £50,000+ offer anyway - not quite sure if I believe it would of been £20,000 higher than Sylvia's proveout offer yesterday mind.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:00 am    Author: James1978    Post subject:

You can bet your bottom dollar that when someone does finally go for it on a board like that, they'll end up winning two-thirds of cr*p all.

Why couldn't a game like this have happened to Allan for instance? Or Melissa? That's what really getting at me at the moment!

There are actually some brave contestants out there, the luck is always with the wrong contestants! :(

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Moxx of Balhoom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:48 am    Author: Moxx of Balhoom    Post subject:

Isn't that the thing about luck though, it's random and no-one knows until they get out there which way their boxes are going to fall

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 am    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject:

mike wrote:
An alright game, but nothing particularly memorable. Shane was a nice enough lad but the game felt a bit flat. The deal was similar to Sylvia's yesterday, however unlike Sylvia, Shane at least had an extra back-up of £15,000 and it was less risky than yesterday.

It's a shame that in the last two shows the players haven't taken a risk to 2-box and then dealt. It would of been nice to have seen two £50,000+ wins after all the bad luck there's been and all the Banker's Prediction stuff.
What i don,t understand is why Sylvia was only offered 50k and she had more or less the same board as Shane and he was offered 70k is it all too much for the bankers brain to cope with . :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119

KP

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very simple, Pat - they wanted a bigger guilt trip this time.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:50 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

what was wrong with 70K - I thought it was about right and it was an even slightly weaker deal than Sylvia given she had no fallback.

I haven't seen any rants from Noel either even after Sylvia's deal which is especially strange given this cautious period we're now in and in the context of what he used to be like.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:24 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

pat_east_wing wrote:
What i don,t understand is why Sylvia was only offered 50k and she had more or less the same board as Shane and he was offered 70k is it all too much for the bankers brain to cope with . :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119 :smt119

I hope what I'm about to write makes sense. I think that it's the banker's job to "buy" the player's box for as little as possible. Sylvia maybe came across as more cautious than Shane both in the wings and in her game, so the banker may have thought that he'd have to offer Shane more money to get him to deal. I think a fair offer on a blue/£250k board is somewhere between £50k and £70k.

Quote:
I haven't seen any rants from Noel either even after Sylvia's deal which is especially strange given this cautious period we're now in and in the context of what he used to be like.

All down to editing, I presume.

[ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]