Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:51 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 11:51 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Banker phones

He confirms Melissa will either win £9 or £20,001, due to his £1 bet

Banker's offer

SWAP

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:54 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Melissa says NO SWAP

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Melissa says this is something to tell the grandchildren!! :P

Noel opens Melissa's box 20 and reveals £10 :(

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

The show producers need shooting! Her final five deserved a LOT more than £20,000 and then she'd have dealt and broken the prediction!

But no...they force her on to the end and we get ANOTHER blue win!

£9 for calling the producer's bluff? Ridiculous!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

:evil: Dam it

And we still wait for the next £20,000+ win

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

PaxPsychosis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Author: PaxPsychosis    Post subject:

How predictably terrible :(

thundercat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

Ack, a £9 box win. This show sucks when people like Richard get the luck for all the wrong reasons.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Melissa says she can't say she didn't have courage! :lol:

The other box - box 2 - Ann - £20,000

Her total winnings are £9 due to the banker's £1 bet... Noel says she's one of his favourite players as she played the game and tried her best with style and humour, and a lot of players don't do that... she says if you're a gambler - go for it and go for the thrill and not the money as it's so much more worth it!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:58 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

FOR FRIG SAKE somene comes to play the game and the £10 is in the box its just not right, its things like this that make me dislike Richard even more, Imagine Melissa with his board! Such a shame!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

redrum666

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:00 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well, in Deano's game, Melissa said "Me and you are both gamblers" and unlike most of the cowards on the wings at the moment, she was totally honest and she embraced the game with both hands- her attitude was absolutely wonderful and I have to say, Melissa is one of my all time favourites of 2008 for that reason.

The game was tense and exciting and Melissa played it perfectly- I would have done the same and I thought that the way she dealt with the £10 (£9 even...) win was highly commendable and very, very respectable- no tears and a superb philosophy: "If you're a gambler then just go for it, the thrill is worth more than the money"

I wanted her to get that £20,000 so much at the end- heck, even without the stupid £1 bet that would've felt like she was winning £100,000 compared to recent games- why, oh why can't we have more players with Melissa's attitude... she deserved so much more than the £9 she walked away with at the end of the day and it is disgusting to think that some of the recent players have won so much more without reading the board at all...

Great game- tense and exciting but with a nasty sting in the tail with the box opening- and a superb player...

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

What I think is that Endemol really needed another pound and took it away from her winnings. Why not do that to Richard, in fact 22,499.99 less! How dare they just make things worse when something goes wrong?? Melissa was a great person and she deserved all the luck we anticipated for her to get. Either the producers are making this show more vulnerable or the production company saves a penny for a pound.

I really thought that was unfair and undeserved. Melissa, you deserved more than 9 quid. :(

This is no. 2 in my worst ever games.

EDIT: But no.1 in my favorite bravery games :D

Last edited by jiveclive on Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Very good show today with a likeable contestant who actually appeared to be reading the board and properly evaluating the offers. She thought about them too; she didn't just dismiss them out of hand. However if she'd been given better offers would she have dealt them? I'm not sure... but there's certainly a higher chance she would've done, especially if the 5-box offer had been £26,000 or more which was the figure in her dream. :evil:

For some reason they seem to be excluding Sylvia from Richard's game which is rather bizarre... so we're now down to 2 players - Tommii and Don. Let's hope one of them can break this stupid £20k barrier. If they don't then the banker will probably do other things like this in the future. It's clearly a back handed way of making sure people don't deal early (due to the fact this £20k barrier thing could be seen as Richard's fault) and also a way of making very low offers in order to force people on. Stupid tactic and I can't wait to see the back of it.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

This game frustrated me so much. I really liked Melissa and I thought she played the game well and I was so hoping that after turning down the predicatable £20,000 that she would finally break the curse. But yet again the luck is not on the players side.

I don't think i've ever wanted anyway to win the £20,000 more than Melissa, not just because I liked her, but that someone would finally break that curse. Even if it was only on a technicality by the Banker offering a £1 bet.

Bad luck Melissa on your £9 win, but at least you tried.

mikkel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: mikkel    Post subject:

Great game, good player taking the gamble. Shame for her it didn't pay off.

jonny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:29 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

What a fantastic lady Melissa is. She played the game perfectly - and she deserved more than she went away with. So disappointed that she won £9 *sigh*

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

Gah!

This made all the more reason that it's Richard's fault! :evil:

Big D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

That's the way this game should be played. I have to hold my hands up and say Melissa was never a favourite of mine in the wings, but once again a contestant gets into a game and wins me over. She thoroughly deserved a big win with her attitude to the game itself.

If I have one disagreement with others on the forum, it's that I thought the 20k offer was too much at that point, for the simple reason that the banker's job is to get the player out of the chair as cheaply as possible, and the odds of a train wreck if she carried were too strong in my opinion, also, just as she sat down after that round she looked absolutely shattered, so I was expecting a very low forcing offer.

But well played Melissa, I wish you'd walked away with more to show for your efforts.

Brick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:24 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

What a pity! I dread to think what my face looked like when Noel pulled the seal on Melissa's box... :oops: After would've been just as bad too. When boxes 2 and 11 were on screen I got the feeling box 11 contained more and I so hoped I was wrong when she picked it :(

Even if none of the 21 win more than £20k you can't brand them all cowards, which is what Melissa proved today, if nothing else!

Last edited by Brick on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

How many opportunities have there actually been to win over £20k recently? I can only think of Steve's £25,000 offer.

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:42 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

Really wanted Melissa to get something out of her game.
Just goes to show that fortune doesn't always favour the brave!

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]