Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 8:51 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:25 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
She cared more about the experience than the money. She probably would've dealt if she'd got more, but she took it really well. It shows that there are still people in the world who are obsessed with money and deal at offers like £3,000 on an OK board.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 am    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Oh for fecks sake KP!

Whats more greedier, dealing at 3K on a nice board or going on, giving words of wisdom that can encourage other players to actually be brave and fulfill their dreams?? So just saying that somebody dealing on a large board is greedy and somebody going on is greedier?? I think people should learn from Melissa.

I'm sorry but Melissa went on and played the game. Which is what I think ex eejits should have done.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Dealing for much less than the board is worth isn't so much greed - greed is always wanting more no matter what - as cowardice, bad board-reading, lack of ambition, call it what you will.

'Greed' is a word better directed at Wakeyists, along with 'recklessness' and, heck, 'bad board-reading' in some cases.

Some peoples' dreams may be relatively modest. And £9 won't fulfil any of Melissa's dreams will it? That said, I'd probably have gone to the end too (swapped for £20k, but that's irrelevant to this discussion), but only because I thought the offers were a little bit low. Throw another 20% onto each of the last two offers and I'm Dealing for sure - but that's based on how I value money and the board.

It is not the job of Melissa, or Noel, or Richard, or the Banker, or anyone else, to assert an attitude to the game on anyone. If they're prepared to take a risk they should take it. If they're not, they should not. Hopefully, in doing so, they'll consider the board and the probabilities involved when deciding whether the risk is worthwhile. That's really all I think we can ask for.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:09 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
Dealing for much less than the board is worth isn't so much greed - greed is always wanting more no matter what - as cowardice, bad board-reading, lack of ambition, call it what you will.

'Greed' is a word better directed at Wakeyists, along with 'recklessness' and, heck, 'bad board-reading' in some cases.

Some peoples' dreams may be relatively modest. And £9 won't fulfil any of Melissa's dreams will it? That said, I'd probably have gone to the end too (swapped for £20k, but that's irrelevant to this discussion), but only because I thought the offers were a little bit low. Throw another 20% onto each of the last two offers and I'm Dealing for sure - but that's based on how I value money and the board.

It is not the job of Melissa, or Noel, or Richard, or the Banker, or anyone else, to assert an attitude to the game on anyone. If they're prepared to take a risk they should take it. If they're not, they should not. Hopefully, in doing so, they'll consider the board and the probabilities involved when deciding whether the risk is worthwhile. That's really all I think we can ask for.

You REALLY need to get out more and see the world :lol: !
You take DOND way too seriously!

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Nah, he doesn't!

Some people enjoy the show from the statistical point of view, like our KP here...others enjoy the show from the money point of view, like yourself!

And then there's the rest of us who enjoy the show for what it is! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:12 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

dougal18 wrote:
James1978 wrote:

But at least she won loads of fans and showed a great attitude towards it all, and didn;t seem too bothered about the money, I really applaud her for that.

If she wasn't interested in the money then why the hell did she apply?
That is the talk of a loser.

James1978 wrote:
I almost feel the whole lot of producers are doing things to deliberately annoy us, putting the big money in the most cautious players' boxes and letting the braver ones bring blues to the table. It certainly feels like it! It even feels that even when there's only one blue left on the board the player will win it!

So you are calling the show corrupt and Endemol a bunch of cheats. That's in sheer ignorance of the stuff about the ajudicator mentioned at the start of EVERY show.

Why are you watching something you believe is rigged?

You and many people seem to be under the delusion that DOND is a test of courage. It isn't.

That's not what i said at all. I said it feels like they're trying to frustrate us at the moment. Why couldn't Melissa have brought a big red to the table so she could have won it, and Richard a blue so he could have sold it for a huge profit? It just feels like all the wrong people are having all the wrong games. Even when people who have had good boards and took very reasonable gambles have gone on end up taking out all the reds and it seems to have an air oif inevitability about it all the time.

I suppose Bev and Ellie were exceptions though. :)

One power 5 win in the last 3 months is it? That's bound to frustrate even the hardest of fans - and I'm hardly one of the biggest gamblers on here!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:34 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

A really enjoyable game, played right through to the end. Much respect is due. A brilliant player who was really shown her emotions with the other players, so sad it didn't work for her.

[ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]