Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
garylq wrote:
Did anybody else notice the hypocritical advice from Bradley at 5 box? Firstly saying Deano should go for it, then soon afterwards persuading him he should deal. He was always offering loads of advice at each offer in the studio, much of it a load of old codswallop, it seemed that all the other contestants were well used to it and just ignored him.

I don't wish to sound rude, but who the hell is Bradley? :blueponder

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject:

Deal was much more justified than some of recent. Cannot blame him for dealing as the offer was good. Would have dealt myself. Good game, well deserved OPW.

Of course it would be nice to see someone go for it on that board with that offer, since turning down good offers makes more tension than turning down bad offers. But it's the state the contestants have got themselves into by saying a bad offer is 'fantastic' on a wing sweep or on the chair, etc.

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
garylq wrote:
Did anybody else notice the hypocritical advice from Bradley at 5 box? Firstly saying Deano should go for it, then soon afterwards persuading him he should deal. He was always offering loads of advice at each offer in the studio, much of it a load of old codswallop, it seemed that all the other contestants were well used to it and just ignored him.

I don't wish to sound rude, but who the hell is Bradley? :blueponder

Ooops, should read Clayton

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Oh yeah, you were there! I remember thinking, "I'm sure I saw him taking a parachute dive before..." :lol: :twisted:

James1978

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:07 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What?? A contestant from W8 gets an OPW? I didn't that was supposed to happen! :)

That was the best game in quite a long time actually. Plenty of comedy with Deano, Noel is the naughty chair, Tommii with his doyley quote, even Roy getting involved, and interesting offers and a contestant who fully weighed up the board and amounts being offered to him, instead of just the offers unlike most recently have. The 17k was actually quite a bit more than I expected with the 250k and virtually no fallback, but I guess he earnt it in coolly dealing with the earlier offers and his general demeanour up until that point. Shame about the fact that there's still no 20k+ win since Richard but he may have got it if he'd picked a blue instead of the 75k just before 5-box, but there's no guarantee he'd have taken it!

That was great entertainment, well done Deano! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:40 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

garylq wrote:
I enjoyed this one from the audience, it was very entertaining, though some of the naughty chair/Sylvia banter did seem a bit contrived and OTT.

Just to clear one thing up, I was sat very close to Sandra, and it was definetely her who instantly shouted 'deal' at the 5 box offer. The concencus in the audience was that the decision might have been different if she kept her mouth shut, though saying that obviously it turned out to be a good call.

Did anybody else notice the hypocritical advice from *edit* Clayton at 5 box? Firstly saying Deano should go for it, then soon afterwards persuading him he should deal. He was always offering loads of advice at each offer in the studio, much of it a load of old codswallop, it seemed that all the other contestants were well used to it and just ignored him.

Don't you mean Clayton? I'm finding him quite irritating already.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:23 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

I know the shout of deal from Deano'd partner was ill-timed but I still don't understand why some people think partner's should be banned from the studio when it's perfectly OK for people who the player has known for a few days to give advice.

If you ban partners from the studio, you should ban sweeps too.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:34 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
I know the shout of deal from Deano'd partner was ill-timed but I still don't understand why some people think partner's should be banned from the studio when it's perfectly OK for people who the player has known for a few days to give advice.

If you ban partners from the studio, you should ban sweeps too.

This was discussed a while back... I think the main thing with the people on the wings is that if the player goes against what they think, then it won't matter a huge deal... as after the show's recorded the contestant goes home and won't necessarily have contact with the other 22 ever again (although it is true most do keep in touch).

Whereas if a player's wife says to deal, and they no deal and it goes wrong, it's likely they will end up having a pretty harsh time when they get home, so they're less likely to ignore their relatives. ;)

Also the fact that they're more likely to go with what their relatives say rather than what the other players think, as presumably they'd value their relatives' views more than people they've only known for a short while.

I don't think relatives should be banned from the studio... but I don't think they should control the game, and I did think Deano's wife yelling "DEAL" was a bit silly, as it was Deano's game and not hers. Still it was a good offer for the board, he dealt and it was an OPW... so it wasn't all bad.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:46 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

That game was awesome. Deano was an awesome character, who played the board brilliantly. One of those games that had pretty much everything. A convincing Player win, and a lot of decent banter. Game of the month so far definitely.

And James, he's given W8 its first OPW for ages!!!

[On a different note, i've noticed a little pattern emerging. Starting in Tom's game..Harvey had Box 18 which had the £250k. In Harvey's game..Deano had Box 18 which also had the biggie. And now in Deano's game..Sue had 18 which again had the biggie.

Quite a coincidence. And 18 is an important number to me so thats why i've followed it...].

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:48 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A great all round game - a perfect deal with some very funny entertaining moments.

I loved all the naughty (or should that be naughtii) chair stuff and the hugs with Deano. The bit with Sylvia just made Noel look crazy but again I did find it amusing.

Deano also provided a good game. The deal at 5-box was either-way for me and I would of looked for around 20k at least myself. But thankfully Deano didn't have the all blue round after he had dealt.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:49 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Good game today and I thought Deano was going to go for it :roll:

Beat the Banker..... :D :-D

Aitch,

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

For anyone that's interested I took some pics of Noel from today's game. Including him sitting in the naughty chair, the hugs with Deano and when Noel did that crazy impression of Sylvia - http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14308

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:15 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I love a game with a bit of banter, thought it would be Jade today.
Good game and Deano did well to go, very pleased for him.
Banker still getting people below £20,000 though.

Dhale750

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:27 pm    Author: Dhale750    Post subject:

Haha were most of the people of the wings actually saying they'd "risk it"!? Lol, I smell bullsh*t. Anyway, I am disapointed he didn't go on, the offer really wasn't as good as it could have been, I've seen £20,000 on 4 blues versus the quarter mil so would've been expecting at least that.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:16 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Dhale750 wrote:
the offer really wasn't as good as it could have been, I've seen £20,000 on 4 blues versus the quarter mil so would've been expecting at least that.

The Banker probably didn't offer as much as £20,000 because of this bet he's got, that no one from (I think) Richard's game will win £20,000+. I had to laugh when they all said they'd no deal the £17,000 offer on that board. Maybe one or two of the big gamblers would, but I'm sure that the majority of them would have dealt then, or perhaps even earlier.

Tom Carey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:17 pm    Author: Tom Carey    Post subject:

GREAT GAME 2day, really enjoyed it!! thought deano deserved a lot of money!!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I wish the banker would stop ringing up so much though... he must've phoned about ten extra times today which again, was overdone I felt.

I've noticed this a lot in recent shows....he seems to ring up at least twice every offer and I personally find it soooo irritating, I'm not sure why it's happening so much 'cos he never seems to say anything useful. :?

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:32 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Up until not so long ago, if the banker phoned at an unusual time, everyone would think "Oh wow! What does the banker want?" and he'd do something ground-breaking like make an extra offer or something.

But at least 3 times in the past few shows he's phoned up as Noel is asking the question... "...Deal or... *ring*" and it gets so predictable! Especially when all he does is say "Good luck" or tries to get the player to deal... surely the offer itself should be good enough for the player to deal, without the banker apparently needing to phone up and encourage a deal through a telephone call.

You'd have thought he'd learnt his lesson about jumping the gun and altering offers after what happened with Maggie / Janie, costing him an extra £1,001. Although it has worked for him recently - he lowered Ronnie's 11-box offer and he still dealt!

Craig

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:33 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

I think is mainly about mind-games, i think the banker is trying really to hard to unsettle the players about their game!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

That was a decent game good play til 5 box and a reasonable deal given the precarious board.

[ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]