Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

jonny

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: jonny    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Richard had THREE opportunities to win a power 5 amount. What a plonker.

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I can't believe that!

Even Beryl would have won at least £50,000 today!

£50,000 was the first decision to make in the game, not the £22,500...as Craig already said that was a pathetic climb of £5,000 for an all-blue round...

and even the £50,000 was a no-brainer for the board!

OK the £75,000 had he taken it I'd have been a lot less peeved off, but with a guaranteed £3,000 and an all-red board with the big three, you could not lose! Even if you did a Ronnie and destroyed the bottom right corner, you just HAD to go for it!

A £32,500 get out would have been a defeatist deal...so you HAD to win £100,000 today!

In my opinion at least! ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The show was going so well until that bombshell deal.

It could have been the game of the year. People complain about the word 'squander' but if there is ever a more fitting example of it than that game then my mum's a virgin.

There will never be bigger example of sheer unadulterated greed or cowardice than that. To think our ancestors won 2 world wars and ruled an empire covering one third of the world and this is what we are reduced to. I could cry at the absolute spinelessness of it. I just pray that Andorra don't declare war on us. With bravery like that we might as well get out the white flags now.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I'm not nearly as horrified as some people but that was a pretty terrible deal for two reasons:

If he was that desperate for that money, why didn't he take the second offer for £17,500? It was only £5k less (plus he'd said anything over £10k would be life-changing for him) and was far better in relation to the board.

If he'd just taken the money and said "That's enough for me and I'm happy with it", I could have understood that, but he seemed pretty devastated when it turned out he could have got more, as if he'd actually expected it to be the right decision. :? If £22.5k really were enough for him then he wouldn't have been so upset at finding out he could have had more...

Pretty disappointing game, especially as someone in the spoiler section had called it an "unmissable show"!!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

basicasic wrote:
The show was going so well until that bombshell deal.

It could have been the game of the year. People complain about the word 'squander' but if there is ever a more fitting example of it than that game then my mum's a virgin.

There will never be bigger example of sheer unadulterated greed or cowardice than that. To think our ancestors won 2 world wars and ruled an empire covering one third of the world and this is what we are reduced to. I could cry at the absolute spinelessness of it. I just pray that Andorra don't declare war on us. With bravery like that we might as well get out the white flags now.

looooooooooooool so true! :lol:

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

wokoman88

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:18 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

You know, it's odd to think a man just said a four-letter word on a gameshow, won £22,500, changed his life and you get people saying this...

bb67 wrote:
Disaster!

basicasic wrote:
What an idiot.

Mark wrote:
Silly Richard. Stupid, stupid FOOL.

jonny wrote:
What a plonker.

I'm not saying they don't have a point, but it shows how DOND corrupts everyone :lol: :lol:

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

h2005

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

The show started off very well with some unusual and interesting banter between Richard, Noel, newbie Sylvia and Len. I hadn't noticed Richard much and thought he was boring, but he seemed alright in his game. The extra banter from the others helped to produce what started as an entertaining show.

Tommiiiiiiiiiiiiiii had posted in the spoilers section that we "had to watch today's show" and I was wondering if Richard dealt at a dream offer after saying how his dream holiday would be to go to Acapulco. The third offer deal was undoubtedly one of the worst deals there has ever been in terms of what's left on the board at the time. £22,500 is a lot of money, but the offer was terrible for the board, especially when you consider it only went up by £5,000 after an all-blue round!

So the money will do good for Richard which is very nice and so on, but a cleaner who doesn't have much money was never going to gamble really was he? It's such a shame that a player like that is married with one of the best boards there has ever been!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

We have this same problem on the US version all the time. People deal way too early and selling their cases for a tiny fraction of their actual values. I want to call them idiots, but I'd probably be wrong, since they did manage to win a decent sum of money. However, some contestants need to show some more bravery and guts, and this game is proof of it.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

it was just with the 22.5k offer, if he looked at the board, even taking the 250kout, ofprobs got around the same offer...ugh!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Noel: "Aaron, what do you think of that decision?"
Aaron: "To be honest, quite disappointed. Not just for millions of viewers at home, but for the rest of us contestants. Anyone, or almost anyone here after seeing that, would have loved to have a gamble on that board. It's what the game is here to be played for, yet, he takes that offer. In the nicest possible way, I think that was quite selfish? Then again, if it changes his life, I can't complain..."

What I actually think is: WHAT A WASTE. Quite clearly disappointed for myself and millions of viewers. Just a shame he didn't blow all £227,500 of it. An immediate UNDEAL after the decision would be an hilarious wind-up.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:34 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I was doing some maths instead of DOND today.... Did I miss anything?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

wokoman88

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Tom22 wrote:

Don't think so... :blueponder

I think it was just a traditional DOND episode....

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well you were doing more maths than Richard did. ;)

My first reaction on seeing the Deal in this recap was :shock: and the next was 'Now That's What I Call Targetism!'. I agree with h2005, he should have gone at £17,500 if he was that conservative, but the two-pronged combination of 'don't Deal before 11-box' and 'play for £20,000' struck again.

Beyond that, I don't know what to say. It's been covered. Move on. Tomorrow we might get a Wakeyist chasing a board like that and then crash and burn. Some of you would probably prefer that.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

maggieq

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject: Richards Game

:? lots of mixed feelings about Richards game.massive miss judgement of the board.seems as though he just wanted to cut & run.his win may be enough for him but as viewers we feel cheated out of one of the best games ever.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:49 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Tom22 wrote:

Just the usual:

3rd offer deal on golden board
3 proveout mega-offers squandered
£100k in his box.
Player looking complete numpty at the end

However on a more positive note - there was no sob-story today. The feel-good factor lasted all the way up to the 3rd offer .......... :roll:

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:50 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

well im speachless.
words cannot descibe how i feel about todays game
what a spineless creature this man was, how desparate for the money was he, why waste an opportunity of a life time? im sorry but the show is on its way out in my opinion. i do think that we need a change in contests but after yesterdays game i honestly didnt think that there would be a worser game. how wrong was i.
i hope richard comes on here and ill tell him what an opportunity he has given away, not only did he make a bad decision but someone with guts could have played his game today,
i know why endemol are picking these creatures atm, the show doesnt have to pay out too much when they deal so low.
come on people get a grip. lets have some no dealers.

best board in a while what ive seen and he didnt go on. what a waste.
thing is the poor people who do have the guts and carry on, dont get a good board and end upwith a blue, and wasteful people like that squander the opportunty,
if i was his wife id of left him now for makeing a stupid decision, not about the money but because he was spineless.
i clapped and cheered when the biggy was revealed in his box. made my day and im still laughing now :-D

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:55 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

flamedtresses wrote:
well im speachless.
what a spineless creature this man was, how desparate for the money was he, why waste an opportunity of a life time? im sorry but the show is on its way out in my opinion. i do think that we need a change in contests but after yesterdays game i honestly didnt think that there would be a worser game. how wrong was i.
i hope richard comes on here and ill tell him what an opportunity he has given away, not only did he make a bad decision but someone with guts could have played his game today,
i know why endemol are picking these creatures atm, the show doesnt have to pay out too much when they deal so low.

thing is the poor people who do have the guts and carry on, dont get a good board and end upwith a blue, and wasteful people like that squander the opportunty,
if i was his wife id of left him now for makeing a stupid decision, not about the money but because he was spineless.
i clapped and cheered when the biggy was revealed in his box. made my day and im still laughing now :-D

I love this woman! :P

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:56 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

Wow... I am at a loss for words. I actually think the strongest final five was Brenda (1). She had 10k, 35k, 50k, 75k, 250k (I think that's right, someone correct me if I'm wrong) and was given a proveout offer of 84k, which I would've dealt. Even though she didn't have 100k, there was a guaranteed 10k!
Anyway, I think I would've won 100k today easily. 50k and 75k were no-brainer NDs because at 50k you still had everything 50k up and the rock, and at 75k you have top 3 and 3k guaranteed! By the time you get to 32.5k, after turning down all the other money, it would only be right to go for the 100k.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:59 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

guess you like my post. lol. people will be falling asleep at them soon theyre getting that long. im not normally on this early but i felt so strong, i had to come on. and im at my mums so im posting from there. lol

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

flamedtresses wrote:
well im speachless.

Shame JC because she Loves me :-D and realises NO DEALING =CASH

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]