Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:04 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The forum is a place to discuss the show, hence why some people say they don't like Richard. You can't expect everyone on here to like everyone they see on the show, that would be ridiculous. Yes it would be lovely if everyone liked each other and never said anything "bad" but the world isn't like that, whether you like it or not.

As far as I'm concerned, if you go on a gameshow with millions of viewers then you're opening yourself up to comments - both good and bad - on mediums such as internet forums. If you can't "take" it, then maybe you shouldn't "expose" yourself on national TV. I don't know what Richard thinks about it all anyway.

I have never understood the thing about people being "jealous" if they criticise players. :? If that was the case, surely it'd make more sense if everyone had a go at £100k Betty? Surely someone would be more jealous of someone who produced a brilliant game and won £100,000 than someone who bailed out far too soon on a golden board and won a fifth of that? Yet everyone on here liked Betty... no signs of "jealousy" anywhere.

I think most people are crictising Richard's deal, rather than Richard as a person. Yes he's probably very nice in real life, but as viewers, we have to judge our opinions (good or bad) on what we see on TV. And if it's edited in a way which makes the player look bad or whatever, then it's tough. Richard dealt with the whole Power 5 in play (and with £20k as a backup) and it is without doubt, one of the worst deals ever. It might have been a good deal for him, and no doubt the money will help him a lot, but in terms of gameplay (as the show is a gameshow) it was a very bad deal.

Some members on here can go OTT at times, but after months and months of average wins, deals gone wrong and bad luck (with the exception of people like £100k Betty who had luck on their side), to see Richard "throw away" a golden board like that has annoyed some people, and I can see why. Anyway, I think it's a credit to the show and its contestants that it's still being discussed like this.

Nearly 3 years after the show began, nearly 800 episodes down the line, there are still people watching who care enough about the show to want to write stuff on here. The forum represents a minority of the viewing public, but I think when people start not bothering to post on here about the show, then the overall viewing figures will probably be declining too. That hasn't happened. Yet.

jonny

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:56 am    Author: jonny    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
The forum is a place to discuss the show, hence why some people say they don't like Richard. You can't expect everyone on here to like everyone they see on the show, that would be ridiculous. Yes it would be lovely if everyone liked each other and never said anything "bad" but the world isn't like that, whether you like it or not.

As far as I'm concerned, if you go on a gameshow with millions of viewers then you're opening yourself up to comments - both good and bad - on mediums such as internet forums. If you can't "take" it, then maybe you shouldn't "expose" yourself on national TV. I don't know what Richard thinks about it all anyway.

I have never understood the thing about people being "jealous" if they criticise players. :? If that was the case, surely it'd make more sense if everyone had a go at £100k Betty? Surely someone would be more jealous of someone who produced a brilliant game and won £100,000 than someone who bailed out far too soon on a golden board and won a fifth of that? Yet everyone on here liked Betty... no signs of "jealousy" anywhere.

I think most people are crictising Richard's deal, rather than Richard as a person. Yes he's probably very nice in real life, but as viewers, we have to judge our opinions (good or bad) on what we see on TV. And if it's edited in a way which makes the player look bad or whatever, then it's tough. Richard dealt with the whole Power 5 in play (and with £20k as a backup) and it is without doubt, one of the worst deals ever. It might have been a good deal for him, and no doubt the money will help him a lot, but in terms of gameplay (as the show is a gameshow) it was a very bad deal.

Some members on here can go OTT at times, but after months and months of average wins, deals gone wrong and bad luck (with the exception of people like £100k Betty who had luck on their side), to see Richard "throw away" a golden board like that has annoyed some people, and I can see why. Anyway, I think it's a credit to the show and its contestants that it's still being discussed like this.

Nearly 3 years after the show began, nearly 800 episodes down the line, there are still people watching who care enough about the show to want to write stuff on here. The forum represents a minority of the viewing public, but I think when people start not bothering to post on here about the show, then the overall viewing figures will probably be declining too. That hasn't happened. Yet.

great post. ;)

23rd, 24th and 25th of July 2008 (Adam, Helen, William) recorded 7th April 2008

18th, 19th and 20th May 2009 (Cath, Sean, Lynne) recorded 4th February 2009

10th, 11th and 13th December 2009 recorded 4th June 2009

SrWilson

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:00 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Suzi None of us are jealous at all - he only got on because like most of you these days they pick targetted players so they (endemol) can save so much money.
If someone like myself or Flamed or Basic wanted to get on we'd have to lie on the application form because if we put we would go for it and go to the end while the big money is there they would not have us on.
Richards deal was one of the weakest things ive ever seen and his arrogant smug look after the deal made the prove out even more delicious.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:08 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:

First class post. Could not have put it better myself.

Suzi...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 am    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

They wont have u on cos u would go all the way? they like that to happen ya know and us who have been on are not erly dealers they have all walks of life on some rich some not as rich and i never said u were jealous read back!

and ill say this the last time

I dont care about comments etc as this is what the site is for etc etc I dont want to see insults thats all
calling him a dick as someone did then thats an insult but other than that who cares what anyone writes

My game was the 783rd so thats not alot of people t ever get through and this is my actual game though where I play

littlemoogle

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:17 am    Author: littlemoogle    Post subject:

calling who a dick?

To be honest, for every 1 million people who like you there are 2 million that do not.. and a good friend stabs you in the front as they say...

So comments are welcome I am glad that I do irratate people coz I do and I know I do.. but hey it has got a reaction.. and thats a good thing at least there is honesty, people are all different. Games are all different so articulating this, you can't judge an arsehole by the turds that pass through it :P (think about it)!

I mean I am flattered people are commenting on me and I have a fan club so for those I irratate and for those who I do not...

Thankyou anyway!

Tommiixx

littlemoogle

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:19 am    Author: littlemoogle    Post subject:

or just do it even more hahaha

Thankyou

TOMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Suzi...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:24 am    Author: Suzi...    Post subject:

Tommii I was angry cos a few people are slating people. comments are welcome but there is a post saying isnt richard short for dick? er enough said! thats an insult.
How dare people even commetn when they dont know what its like to be there and play. its harder than I thought it would be!
but comments i dont care about but insults are going too far as there is realy no need

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:36 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Suzi... wrote:
Tommii I was angry cos a few people are slating people. comments are welcome but there is a post saying isnt richard short for dick? er enough said! thats an insult.
How dare people even commetn when they dont know what its like to be there and play. its harder than I thought it would be!
but comments i dont care about but insults are going too far as there is realy no need

Erm... after watching for over 2 years straight, I think we know well, better than anyone else, how the game SHOULD be played. You were there for 3 weeks. You saw people deal lame offers, because of what, it's going to change their life? What about what they could've had? "Oh, you could lose it all in the next round." Is the only *beep* we get from people like you. Wake up and smell the roses, because that game is there to be played. It's like we've got a bunch of zombies who somehow have the word "DEALL" plugged into them or something.

Richard made a bad Deal, and too right he suffered. That pain is now shown on here by those people who show passion for the show, and have a right to. If you have a problem, then it's tough luck.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Suzi... wrote:
was jujst on the phone to Tommi when this last reply come through lol

I dont have a problem with comments at all! its insults to my friends i am bound to back them up. dont diss me for being there 3 weeks. I have watched the show since day 1 too and with me actually being on there I know a little more about it than anyone who hasnt as I see all behind the scenes and get to meet Noel round the back etc.

I actually know the guy who recruits the contestants.

If I wasnt a fan of the show I wouldnt have applied would i? Its just I dont sit about this site doing a running commentry on all shows as I am watching it and then get on with my life etc.

I am only disagreeing with the insults and nothing else matters to me!
a general discussion good or bad doesnt matter but its Insults that get my back up. Im sure I wil have some to come.

see you at the deal or no deal reuinon Tommii 2 weeks now hey! XXX

I was just on the phone to President Bush when this post came through.

Oh here we go again. How many times have we had contestants who now think they are a 'celebrity because they've been on a daytime game show' and think they are above criticism. Luckily they all p*ss-off back to oblivion as soon as they've had their 5 minutes of fame.

Its a forum to discuss DOND. Richards deal was the worst ever. it made him look a complete plonker. If you don't like what's being written don't read it.

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:11 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:

excellent post H. thats the type of thing i was trying to get across last night but i was tired lol.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:30 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Thread cleaned up & re-opened.

Box 22

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Suzi None of us are jealous at all - he only got on because like most of you these days they pick targetted players so they (endemol) can save so much money.
If someone like myself or Flamed or Basic wanted to get on we'd have to lie on the application form because if we put we would go for it and go to the end while the big money is there they would not have us on.
Richards deal was one of the weakest things ive ever seen and his arrogant smug look after the deal made the prove out even more delicious.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there. Gone seem to be the days where players were there to 'play the game'. Now, with very few exceptions like Betty recently, we have an endless stream of gutless wimps who get 'DEAL' signs flashing before their eyes as soon as they get anything like a 10k offer. They have no intention of playing the game, they just want to reach their target of 10k or 20k or whatever and then wimp out irregardless of what the board is like.

I think this was the case with Richard. He had probably set himself a target, reached it, saw the £££££'s flashing before his eyes which totally blinded him from actually seeing what was on the board in front of him.

Of course, as far as Endemol is concerned, the more gutless wimps who are going to flunk out at 10-20k, the better. They know they have no intention of playing the game and they can save themselves a lot of money that way. From a viewers perspective, this is destroying the enjoyment of the game. I'd love to see more players like Betty - £10, a £19.5k offer or 100k. I bet nearly everyone would have dealt there, but fearless Betty PLAYED THE GAME and was rewarded for it.

She went there with nothing and if she'd have won a tenner, she would have won much respect from everyone, including viewers who appreciated the way she played the game. Some you win, some you lose and we know that there are those who played the game and weren't as fortunate as Betty was, but for pure excitement and tension from a viewers perspective, I would much rather see a game like Betty's with either a red or a blue win at the end than a gutless wimp-out game like Richard's where he walked away with 22.5k (good for him) but absolutely no respect whatsoever from anyone who wants to see contestants play the game.

You go there with nothing, if you come away with nothing, so what? You've had a great time, made new friends, got your face on the telly for a few hours, and most of all, you've lost nothing because you never had that money in the first place.

It's a game - PLAY IT or don't bother!

Tom22

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:33 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Thread cleaned up & re-opened.

I like the way you've cut it back too just where your post was getting praise :P

Everyone knew it was a bad deal but is it not time to leave it now? I'm sure Richard is happy enough with £22.5k some how.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:41 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I would be happy with £22,500 as well...

Tom, please can I have £22,500...if you need a good reason, I am a divvy? *puppy eyes*

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:06 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

Wow, what an over-reaction to a throwaway comment about what someone’s shortened name is!

Honestly this was not a personal attack on Richard, but more a summing up of what his deal was about.
I doubt very much if Richard’s too upset about this, after all he’s got 22,500 reasons to smile (£££s) and I don‘t begrudge him that, nor am I jealous either.

What does annoy me though is the fact we constantly get ex-contestants on this board who want to make out they’re better than the fans, just because they’ve been on the show. It’s always “you don’t know how difficult it is” etc. How difficult can it be to go on a show and make money, even if it’s just 1p?
Please note there are notable exceptions to these ex-contestants, Sarah B, Angela, Troy etc to name but a few who gave us valuable insight into behind the scenes.

If you can’t stand the criticism, you shouldn’t really go on the show. Criticism goes hand in hand with praise.

There, rant over - how many more threads in response?

[ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]