Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm Last visit was: Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

garylq

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Awesome, a real fun game, I really enjoyed it, well done girls, brilliant attitude.

DOND seems to be on the up at the moment, well needed after a fairly dire period.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Fun game today, the twins are adorable :D, They had to give them 3k really in fairness.
Nice to see some old faces from the elite club ;).
Only gripe is them all dressed up to celebrate the birthday of somene who does not exist kinda pointless but was fun anyway.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Big D

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: Big D    Post subject:

I have to hold my hands up and say thanks & well done to the twins. Like basicasic, I was afraid the twins were going to be as annoying as hell, & I wasn't looking forward to this, all the giggling in the wings just got on my nerves, so I was looking forward to seeing the silly grins get wiped from their faces, but I have to say it wasn't the hideous experience I expected.

One of the cool things about DOND for me is how perceptions of the players change, from the wings to the chair, and this was a good example, I warmed to the girls really quickly, and had all the admiration in the world for them at the end. They really deserved to leave with something nice.

And wasn't the "role-reversal" amazing? well done twins, and thanks for the entertainment, and for restoring a wee bit of faith in human nature.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Good game for the twins, they done themselves proud... ;)

(What's with the banker being so nice ??) :roll:

Aitch,

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

cookie_monster wrote:
Cake with candles that aren't lit? :|
I think the bike has the voucher!

Probably due to health and safety. :P

It was a good show today overall, but I thought it was a bit odd that they went to all that trouble just over the banker's birthday, when they've barely bothered with it in previous years. Zara and Zoe were ok, not as irritating as I thought they'd be. It's a shame they didn't get any really tough offers which would've split them with regards to the decision, as that would've been very interesting to watch...

The birthday banker week has certainly added a few twists to this week's shows, and made some otherwise average shows into quite interesting ones. I think the highlight of this week's shows was Tom's though - I think it'd have been quite a fitting end to the week if he'd played today.

The banker doubling the £3,000 at the end was a nice touch, although I doubt he'd have done it if they'd won a much larger sum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Big D wrote:
And wasn't the "role-reversal" amazing?

It was fascinating. I was watching their interaction quite closely and (bearing in mind the editing the show gets) they were obviously very close and genuinely caring and supportive of each other. And they were decent level headed people too with no hint of greed or selfishness. Their parents can be well proud of them.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:00 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Must admit this was the first show I'd seen in a while with no knowledge iof what was going to happen... Although I'd seen bits of Tom and Linda's games earlier in the week on screens at the gym, and went on facial expressions to tell whether they were in active play or not...

The twins did well for themselves, they were unlucky to keep hitting the reds and the offers weren't that testing. Towards the end I thought, surely they're not going to win £1, happily I was right! When the banker phoned back at the end I thought he might be doubling the money (remembering Glen's game in January whose wife was expecting twins got his smaller win doubled too!) and it was good seeing the 1p winners again... and looking so happy! They weren't last time we saw them... :lol:

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:11 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I've been watching more regularly again since Betty's game and really enjoyed this one despite the fact the big money was never there. Was a great idea to get all the 1p club members in the audience, at last they all get together in one place (I remember Nick once posted on here saying he had only met one of them, so it was long overdue!) Can anyone confirm whether they were all there?

And the game itself was great fun and despite the bad luck that ran throughout it had a positive ending. Lovely girls and it was great to see how happy they were with £3,000 each!

Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:13 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
I've been watching more regularly again since Betty's game and really enjoyed this one despite the fact the big money was never there. Was a great idea to get all the 1p club members in the audience, at last they all get together in one place (I remember Nick once posted on here saying he had only met one of them, so it was long overdue!) Can anyone confirm whether they were all there?

And the game itself was great fun and despite the bad luck that ran throughout it had a positive ending. Lovely girls and it was great to see how happy they were with £3,000 each!

I watched the repeat on more4 and i noticed Adam was definately not there, and i dont think Fadil was there either or Tony, but i think the rest were there.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
Was a great idea to get all the 1p club members in the audience, at last they all get together in one place (I remember Nick once posted on here saying he had only met one of them, so it was long overdue!) Can anyone confirm whether they were all there?

Yes it was good to see them all back. Was also good to see Trevor looking happy... the first time Trevor looked happy since the start of his show in March 06! :lol:

Noel read out a list of which ones were there at the start of the show... I might have another look later and try and see which ones were missing. I do know that Simon was missing as pat_east_wing said a while back that he couldn't make it, and basicasic said he didn't see Adam there either.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:18 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Power5 wrote:
Was a great idea to get all the 1p club members in the audience, at last they all get together in one place (I remember Nick once posted on here saying he had only met one of them, so it was long overdue!) Can anyone confirm whether they were all there?

Yes it was good to see them all back. Was also good to see Trevor looking happy... the first time Trevor looked happy since the start of his show in March 06! :lol:

Noel read out a list of which ones were there at the start of the show... I might have another look later and try and see which ones were missing. I do know that Simon was missing as pat_east_wing said a while back that he couldn't make it, and basicasic said he didn't see Adam there either.

Definitely saw Nick, Trevor, Sally, PJ, Giorgio, Connell, Shaun, Matty, Margaret I think and possibly Katy (not so familiar with some of the recent ones!) I remember I heard Fadil's name as I was surprised as I thought the book said he had moved abroad and they couldn't track him down, don't think I spotted him though.

I don't remember hearing/seeing Adam, Tony, Dave E or Sharron.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Just checked the recording, and the ones that were there (according to Noel) were:

Nick
Trevor
Fadil
Sally
Giorgio
PJ
Katie
Sean
Margaret
Matty
Connell

So Dave, Sharron, Tony, Simon and Adam weren't there.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Sounds like the kind of mental game that encapsulates the best of DoND as a show.

As a game, though, it was utterly underwhelming. When the most interesting decision of the game is on a £1/£3,000 final two, something's wrong. Although having said that, £5,050 was vaguely tricky and arguable either way, but I for one would have gone for it, which probably says a lot...

interesting show this sums up feelings too.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:27 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Not the best of shows in gameplay terms but a fun show and like others, nowhere near as annoying as it could have been.

I was half expecting the banker to do something weird like let them both play independent games after 5 box, so 1 could deal and 1 could no deal but even the banker wouldn't be that generous. The extra £3k at the end was a nice touch (I presume it still makes it technically a OBW though).

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:28 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A good show to end the Banker's birthday week on. I thought the costumes were great, seeing the majority of the 1p winners again was nice and the twins themself provided an interesting game, even if it was for low money. The way they played the game together and as pointed out I found the role reversal really interesting. It might of been a low win of just £3,000 but it felt so much more.

As for the whole of the Banker's Birthday week, I actually quite enjoyed the games and the twist. I was worried that it might go a bit overboard but in the end the cards provided for a simple yet effective twist.

I also liked the fact that when you got an all blue/red round you got rewarded and think that they should use this twist in future shows. For example say the Banker offered you £20,000 at 11-box and that you decide to deal this offer, then in the prove-out if you have an all blue round the offer you dealt at would double to £40,000 or if you have an all red round it would get cut in half to £10,000. It would make for a more tense prove-out. But they could use the blue/red twist in all sorts of different ways and call it something like the 'Banker's Dare' and much like the 'Banker's Gamble' just be used on rare occasions.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:35 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Back to the shows I don't know anything about, and that was an entertaining game, even if it was yet another board collapse for February 18th. Probably just as well I wasn't in the audience, as I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing at the costumes... especially Noel's, who looked pretty scary with that black nail varnish on! :twisted:

Good to see most of the 1p members back and the banker offering them treats, but I didn't really see the point of the contestants all dressing-up for the banker's 'birthday', as it wasn't celebrated hardly at all in previous years. The twins were not as annoying as I thought they would be, and they had a refreshingly sensible and rational attitude to playing the game, I thought they might have asked for more advice, but they reached a mutual decision seemingly pain-free (unlike someone I could mention :P ). I also thought it was great that they instinctively knew what the other would say! (assuming it wasn't edited out).

Overall a good show and £3,000 each was just rewards - it's not as if the banker couldn't afford that generosity after the previous couple of games!

I never thought I'd say it, but I will miss them!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:59 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Even with the double payout today, we're only up to £41,600 for the week. Could do with a big win tomorrow to lift this week out of the bottom 10 weekly payouts.

Unix eight

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:12 am    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

That was one of the more fascinating games of Deal or No Deal..and despite the fact that when they arrived I was like.."Eww..not a good idea"..i now cant imagine it without the twins. They were BEAUTIFUL...and ochh I really enjoyed it, and they're relationship was fascinating..and just WELL DONE. Very warm nice twist at the end. I think they did very well, and it wasn't what I would have expected from the annoyingly giggly first impression I got from them.

Rich D

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:49 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Excellent game, the twins were lovely, they played the game with totally the right attitude, and we got several glimpses of 1p Katie too -- perfect!

Tom

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:04 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

This was probably the second best show of the week behind Tom's.

Very enjoyable, the twins were lovely and i was really pleased to see them get £6,000 in the end (which if i remember was only £60 less than their highest offer).

It was amazing to see the role reversal as well.

[Noel however, was actually rather creepy.]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]