Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:16 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 12:16 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

James1978

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I only just caught the end of that but 11k really was an awful offer on that last 5, I think we should be re-naming the show "Take a crap offer or win a blue", it's just in a vicious circle. Some goes for it then wins a blue, causing caution for a few games. Then someone takes a really bad offer and could have had a lot more like Hayley, so the next player goes for it....and wins 50 measly quid.

It's really annoying me but I really can't give up watching as all it will take is someone with an approach like Allan to have a large value in their box and they'll win it - fingers crossed!

At least he seemed happy enough to give it his best shot while there was life-changing money up there. The offers weren't good enough for me to have dealt either, so fair play to him.

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

jiveclive wrote:
I agree with H2005

Hayley got 2,999.99 more than what she deserved and Allan should've got 249,999.50 more as he made a very wise and fascinating decision

DOND Is in denial at the moment. A Mega Win would answer our prayers :(

Don't you mean 249,950?

No real decisions to be made today. It's almost as if the banker was assuming we weren't going to get a cautious deal again today and just forced the player to 2 box.

Was thinking £20k at 5 box was probably a fair offer to make Allan make a decision. £11k certainly was worth the risk but once again a calculated risk wasn't rewarded.

Probably one of the most depressing weeks of DOND I can remember gameplay wise. Diddy, Si and Allan all taking reasonable risks and having very little luck and then 3 players making deals which statisically were bad choices.

Last edited by Simon F on Sat May 03, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
jiveclive wrote:
I agree with H2005

Hayley got 2,999.99 more than what she deserved and Allan should've got 249,999.50 more as he made a very wise and fascinating decision

DOND Is in denial at the moment. A Mega Win would answer our prayers :(

Don't you mean 249,950?

No real decisions to be made today. It's almost as if the banker was assuming we weren't going to get a cautious deal again today and just forced the player to 2 box.

Was thinking £20k at 5 box was probably a fair offer to make Allan make a decision. £11k certainly was worth the risk but once again a calculated risk wasn't rewarded.

Probably one of the most depressing weeks of DOND I can remember gameplay wise.

Sorry About That :D

Allan deserved 249,950 Pounds more

I remember one year ago when Grahame played for 250,000. Luck came for him and he won 101,000. I think everyone should wear kilts now the way the show is going :x

Last edited by jiveclive on Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

My mum just said the independent adjudicator is now the one that needs shooting! :x

KP

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

A week for the Wakeyist in all of us ends in pretty much fitting style.

Is that the worst week ever, or has it been spared that distinction by Elaine winning £32,000 more than she deserved?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

killersbee wrote:
My mum just said the independent adjudicator is now the one that needs shooting! :x

Hope to see your Ma on DOND KB ;)

Last edited by jiveclive on Sat May 03, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:24 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Will we ever see a decent game with good luck and large testing offers? :?

that said there were a few positives from this game such as the advice from the wings and the recognition of poor offers.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sat May 03, 2008 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:26 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Good to be mentioned - I think Elaine has pretty much saved his week being one of the most dire for payouts!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Poor old Allan. I must admit I had him down as a dealer but I have to say I thought the influence of his wife was decisive. It was apparent from all the sweeps and dithering he was unsure what to do on most of the offers and if she'd been the sort to urge caution he would have dealt one of them.

As it was the boxes were once again unkind and we have a player having taken a risk win a blue. He took it bravely but I despair at the effect on forthcoming players' approaches to the game this outcome is going to have.

To think Elaine walked away with £32000 for one of the most stupid deals of all time. :evil:

taff

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:31 pm    Author: taff    Post subject: ALLAN 03/05

Really good game today and a brave player - but the wretched box 22 strikes again. Would like to know the stats - has this box had more Power 5 amounts than any other?

greeny

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:49 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: ALLAN 03/05

taff wrote:
Really good game today and a brave player - but the wretched box 22 strikes again. Would like to know the stats - has this box had more Power 5 amounts than any other?

No, 22 is down near the bottom of the list of boxes with Power 5 amounts, only 3 boxes have had the 250k less than box 22. People may think it's had more as it's usually picked at a crucial time.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:34 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

shocking offers..whats going on!

11k! 250k final 5, whats a bloke to do

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:38 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

The show is hopefully as desperate for a big finish as we are except it backfires because weak offers get dealt or trainwrecks occur.

The last 5 weeks have almost been wrist slittingly awful.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Well, what bad luck for a brave player who realised that each offer he was faced with was not worth considering relative to the board. Just a bit of luck needed and we can break out of this vicious cycle the show is in at the moment. Agree with other comments that it doesn't seem justified that he can win only £50 compared to Hayley's £3,000 yesterday, given the latter made a much bigger error of judgement. There were promising signs of entertainment in that show, at least, pity the result wasn't what we needed.

It says a lot about the show this week that the show I found the most entertaining and can feel most positive about was a catastrophic trainwreck! How did it come to this...?

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:58 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Shame about the result. But when Allan no dealt at £11,000 I was on the edge of my seat just hoping it would pay off and that we'd end up with the Laura finish (with hopefully a better offer than Laura). When the first blue went I thought that just maybe he was going to do it and then when the £250,000 was revealed I just groaned and thought "not again". To make it the round from hell he even found £3,000 and I just thought "typical".

However, I would of understood if Allan had dealt at £11,000 as no matter how bad the offer seemed it was only one a box game, admittedly the biggest one, and £11,000 is a fairly decent sum, so it was a risk to go on. But it was a risk worth taking I thought (I too would of no dealt). Because if it had paid off then we would of been looking at a £50,000+ offer (hopefully).

So horrible result = an exciting game. Hopefully we can get a good result with an exciting game.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:44 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Why do the few players that everyone likes always fall the hardest? Why? Looks like I've just saved some more money, as no one will ever win The Mark77 Challenge.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:14 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Quite ironic to think Hayley got rewarded with £3,000 for a statistically terrible deal, and Allan got rewarded with £50 for a statistically wise decision.

It shows that stats don't often help in this game.

Bad luck Allan, I really wanted the £250,000 to be in the final 2, but sadly not again. It looks like the luck really isn't on Endemol's side at the moment :?
(Well, it is if they're trying to save money)

Box 22

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but when Allan was asking the twins for some advice and they got all confused and Allan was even more confused afterwards, in amongst all the giggling, I thought I heard one of the chuckle sisters say "we don't give a f**k anyway". I could be wrong but does anyone know what was said please, just out of interest to see if my hearing is OK or not! :P

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I think Zoe said "That's why we don't give advice anyway"

Box 22

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Box 22    Post subject:

Thanks cookie. That proves something, my hearing is going with old age!!! :?

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]