Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Muffy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: Muffy    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Fab game, well deserved. I think I would have gone on to the last round, but 29k is a lot of dosh. :-D

suszie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:53 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

I thought it was worth going on but then it could have gone all wrong. Lucky for him that missing out graham was a good call or he probably would have won a lesser amount.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I honestly can't see how people can deal for less than 35K on that board but he got off a bit lightly. I expected the Helen W finish for a minute there.

I would have been looking for 45K at 2 box so I'd have gambled.

Still a large amount won.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

A questionable deal, but it was so obvious how much £29,000 meant to both of them, so well played to him!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

I actually though the 2nd and 3rd offers which were turned down quite readily were actually a lot more generous than the one he took! I'm sure KP will be in agreement he, but it seemed as though he thought the game started at 8-box as that offer was quite poor compared to the earlier ones, and he gave it an awful lot more consideration.

But he saved it from being the worst week ever (similarly Brian who won 29k, and who Mikey replaced did that too), and 29k just sounds that bit more powrful than 26k, and at least he didn't have a proveout like Helen W. Indeed even the the last hypo offer didn't seem that good, and I'd have no-dealt and not swapped so 10k would have been a little disappointing after that game, it was lower than every offer apart from the joke opener!

Enjoy the money Mikey! :)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:05 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Was there actually any reason for the joke opening offer of £50? He didn't have a particularly bad round, and I can't remember anything he said that would've upset the banker previously...

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Was there actually any reason for the joke opening offer of £50? He didn't have a particularly bad round, and I can't remember anything he said that would've upset the banker previously...

I wish the banker would stop that - it's not even funny any more not like it will be dealt and just give a sensible opening offer based on what he thinks of the player and boxes opened.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I think H, that the Banker knows NOBODY will EVER take the first offer so maybe he's just plastering in the small holes...OK I'll shush with the gags but you know what I mean! :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:27 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

h2005 wrote:

It was a good opening round. The joke offer came out of the blue and I must admit I was dazed for a second or two because I thought I had missed something.

He didn't give a reason (unless I missed it) and it seemed pretty pointless to me.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:31 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
h2005 wrote:

It was a good opening round. The joke offer came out of the blue and I must admit I was dazed for a second or two because I thought I had missed something.

He didn't give a reason (unless I missed it) and it seemed pretty pointless to me.

He said he was going to crush Mikey.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:07 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

A much better game today. A nice general feeling about it and an awesome result.

Hadn't really formed an opinion of Mikey during his wing times but he came across as a nice bloke.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I haven't watched this yet, as I was at Alton Towers, but I'll watch it on 40D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Here's some pictures.

Did anyone else see Sal get stressy with that £100 box, he practically threw it shut! :shock:

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:47 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A pretty decent show and if it weren't for the fact his name is similar to mine, I most probably wouldn't of remembered who he was.

The offers in today's show were interesting. We had a £50 opener, which I think the Banker offered just to see how Mikey would react to it. The second & third offer, £20,020 & £17,500 respectively, IMO were really quite generous and i'm wondering, would the Banker really have offered £35K at the third offer if the £250K hadn't been found?

I can understand why Mikey dealt at £29,000, but I did feel with only 1 blue remaining it was worth a risk. However it proved to be a pretty wise choice as the next offer would of only been £11,000 more. I was expecting a larger proveout offer.

So all in all a decent show with a good result and in general an interesting set of shows for the week.

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Boy did we need a game that wasn't an OBW. Funny moment with Noel insulting the banker and him refusing to speak to him.

Bizarrely, after seeing Show 56 Dave on Balls of Steel on Friday, I was looking for his game video to show someone else online. The similarities of missing out the 1 box that would have killed the game (and Noel making almost exactly the same comment about it) was spooky.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'd have either dealt at 11-box or Wakeyed it!!! James1978 called it.

Fortunately he got more than either of those approaches would have provided - swap notwithstanding of course, and I'd have swapped - and an offer that is both 75% of the mean and in the player's definition of life-changing money is an instant Deal... on any remotely unstable board.

His wasn't.

Still, he'll have a much more positive reflection of his game than most, I suspect - can't argue with that can we?

(Also: I want to see the Banker response to Noel at 8-box!!!)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:12 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject:

Good entertaining show, nice to see a decent win, enjoyed it.

The only down side was to see yet another contestant being succesfully persuaded to deal by a relative.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]