Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:58 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

jjcocherfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:11 pm    Author: jjcocherfan    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
No one on here can CONDONE that deal or defend it for that board even H thought it was a grave error.

Erm... I can. :? Yes, I wouldn't have dealt at that point, but don't be so single minded. He needed the money and he didn't go on the show to please people, he went on there to get to Australia. And the end result, he sold a 50p box for £18,000...

We need less of people like Ronnie for *beep* sake! OK, maybe if the odd person came on with a target and dealt meaninglessly it wouldn't be as bad but it's just every other player these days coming on with a target and no intention whatsoever to take even the slightest risk...

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:13 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

jjcocherfan wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
No one on here can CONDONE that deal or defend it for that board even H thought it was a grave error.

Erm... I can. :? Yes, I wouldn't have dealt at that point, but don't be so single minded. He needed the money and he didn't go on the show to please people, he went on there to get to Australia. And the end result, he sold a 50p box for £18,000...

We need less of people like Ronnie for *beep* sake! OK, maybe if the odd person came on with a target and dealt meaninglessly it wouldn't be as bad but it's just every other player these days coming on with a target and no intention whatsoever to take even the slightest risk...

Why don't you go to moan to Endemol? I can't do anything about it. I wouldn't call Ronnie 'odd', I thought he bought great humor to the show along with The Banker, Contestants and Noel in the earlier stages of the game.

jjcocherfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: jjcocherfan    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
jjcocherfan wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Why don't you go to moan to Endemol? I can't do anything about it. I wouldn't call Ronnie 'odd', I thought he bought great humor to the show along with The Banker, Contestants and Noel in the earlier stages of the game.

It's called discussion, my dear friend.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

but blew 70K I know which id feel worse about.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Maybe we do need more risk-taking contestants. For all we know, some of the ones whose games never got off the ground lately were amongst them...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

As Lathebault would say "With hindsight"
I'd feel worse going to the end turning down big, generous offers then winning a blue...

daniel4389

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

I know I'm probably in the minority but I think any deal for a significant amount of money can be "condoned", regardless of what's on the board. He showed up, stood in a studio for a few weeks and was offered £18k for it, which would achieve all or most of the things he wanted to do. Why the hell shouldn't he take it?

The only deals I'd say were indefensible would be ones where the sum of money taken was completely insignificant, or at least insignificant compared to what was left on the board...and the only deal like that I can think of off the top of my head is £1k Michael (and even then £1k might have been a fortune to him for all I know...)

jjcocherfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:21 pm    Author: jjcocherfan    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

As Lathebault would say "With hindsight"
I'd feel worse going to the end turning down big, generous offers then winning a blue...

But today we didn't need hindsight. He made an awful deal and the outcome was only expected. It's like he self inflicted his dissapointments hoping that in a little moment of mega luck he will somehow get an OPW from dealing the third offer. :roll:

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:24 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

I wouldn't say The deal he made was that bad considering he had less in his box, i understand why he dealt even though i probably would have gone on

The only deal i have ever criticised was the one where the man took £1000 at 8box with £100,000 and 7 blues

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'm not even sure he was thinking it'd be necessarily the right Deal. He was just thinking 'I've got what I wanted, I'm not going to lose it, and so what if there was more'.

It's not the way to get the big wins. Doesn't make it invalid, though.

And goodness knows we could have done with a player like him in early 2007 (just as we could do with a couple of early-2007 players now)...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

suszie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Is that the first time all the big three has been removed in the sixth round?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:27 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

KP wrote:
I'm not even sure he was thinking it'd be necessarily the right Deal. He was just thinking 'I've got what I wanted, I'm not going to lose it, and so what if there was more'.

It's not the way to get the big wins. Doesn't make it invalid, though.

And goodness knows we could have done with a player like him in early 2007 (just as we could do with a couple of early-2007 players now)...

I wouldn't like to see Leanne here now though, she'd be ripped to shreads...

travis P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:31 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
travis P wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:
WooHooo! He beat the banker and the banker admitted it! :D

Beating The Banker - Where a contestant decides to sell their box for an offer which is more than the box value. Regardless what the other offers in the game.

So it was a TPW? Because he sold the box for more than it was worth?

It's debatable as the views on here focus on more to the proveout offers and calcauate the difference between the dealt offer to the highest offer compared to the difference between the box value and the dealt offer.

While Endemol couldn't care less about this and although Noel does say he missed the chance to win more money, they focus on more to the profit they make on selling that box without taking any other offers into account. Simply today that Ronnie beat the banker as he sold a 50p box for £18,000.

To be honest, since we haven't seen a powerful board at five box for months, I felt like offering £80,000. I'm not surprised if he offered £70,000.

Finally a message to those who declared today's result as pathetic and to those who called Ronnie a coward. You might hate and be annoyed what has happened today and for the games in last few days and weeks but I bet it's not going to stop you watching the show tomorrow and the shows for next week and onwards. ;) and no I don't know the results for next weeks games and tomorrow.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I really can't understand why people get so worked up over a TV show. There's far more important things to get annoyed about than if someone makes a decision which has absolutely NO EFFECT on you, you know...

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:41 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I think the contestants sit in the hotel bar at night trying to out-bullsh*t each other about their impending games. He admitted he actually said 'I'm going to to be the first male quarter millionaire'!!!!!!!!! Bwhhaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaahhhaaaa ........gasp....... hhaaaaaahahaaaa.

I'm seriously considering removing the crown off Bullsh*t Phil and putting it on Ronnies head instead.

I have to say Ronnie seemed a very nice chap and he did give plenty of clues in his intro that this was a game that a deal would finish. So it was just a matter of how early and how feeble. In the DOND hall of shame there are some corking stinkers of a deal and this is right up there with the worst of them.

To think that only yesterday people had the nerve to question my assertion that the show had got to pot. And we get this spectacle the very next day. I'd rather go to the end and win a blue than have the shame of a deal like that with me for the rest of my life.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Yes Ronnies im gonna be 1st male quarter millionaire was up there with some of the extreme hypo proveout offer lies of the past.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

suszie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:51 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Well i think tomorrows player should avoid box 16, as they might actually win something considering its reputation of the past week, 7 power five amounts in the past eleven games.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:57 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

This week is turning out to be as strange as the week we had at Easter with Matty's 1p win, Olga's £5 win and so on. Ronnie was a very nice bloke and entertaining, but his deal was undoubtedly weak. But he wanted the money for a good reason, and no-one can argue with that.

However, this third-offer deal just came at the wrong time, in amongst all the other blue wins and early deals we've had of late. Hopefully tomorrow will throw up something different, as this week has certainly been the banker's week... the exception being Eunice's OPW on Monday.

At least this week is no longer threatened with the title of "worst ever" in terms of total payout (thanks to Ronnie's deal). Hopefully tomorrow's game will make this week one of the best ever.

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:25 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

Really don't know what was worse today, Ronnie taking the £18k offer when the top 3 were still on the board or the Banker being alowed to decrease his original offer by £2k, on the pretence that if Ronnie told him a joke that made him laugh the offer would be increased. A bit of a liberty then reducing the offer, although in hindsight the Banker probably would never have thought he'd deal on it!

Ronnie started off well and looked in the mood to go all (or most) of the way). Seemed to lose all concentration and interest mid game and just seemed resigned to not getting a better offer than £18k.

In the end he did beat the Banker, but oh what it could have been!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:27 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

All I can say is if the show doesn't deliver what you want and hasn't done for a while, why watch it? I watch it to see all the different personalities and how they react to the game. I do not watch to see someone deal at low offers/ no deal on high offers.

[ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]