Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I think he was asking for trouble when he brought a money tree and tissues for the banker thinking he had a big amount sewn up before he had even started his game

He was just too overconfident for my liking and it was just a matter of waiting for the banker returning the gifts when it all started going pear shaped

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

lathebault

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:18 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
if your financial situation is bad then maybe gambling isn't the best option.

If your financial situation is bad then maybe applying for the show isn't the best option

tr4962

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

richie4eva1 wrote:
I think he was asking for trouble when he brought a money tree and tissues for the banker thinking he had a big amount sewn up before he had even started his game

Well theoretically, he did have a big amount, he just swapped it away

croftrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Hell. I'm probably about to get flamed but...

I thought that game was hilarious.

Doesn't anyone here enjoy it when they lose big?

Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the big wins best of all but...come on! Everyone I know watches deal for the big wins AND the big losses!

redrum666

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:33 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

lathebault wrote:
redrum666 wrote:
if your financial situation is bad then maybe gambling isn't the best option.

If your financial situation is bad then maybe applying for the show isn't the best option

Indeed, although if Endemol are going to throw free money around then I'd rather see someone who's financial situation is poor winning big than someone who is already comfortable and secure with their finances.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:35 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

croftrock wrote:

I must admit I did laugh when the banker returned his gifts. A masterstroke.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:36 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
croftrock wrote:

I did as well :? As did my mum...

croftrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
croftrock wrote:

Exactly! I was watching from behind my hands like when people fall off bikes on Jackass!

They call it "Schadenfreude" I believe. Well I'm Schadenfreuded. So sue me!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:41 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

tr4962 wrote:

He did indeed but you must not get too overconfident before the game even begins or the Banker will punish you in the end as proven today

Matty set himself up for the fall today in my opinion, and it was a hard fall today due to Matty's supreme arrogance at the start of the game

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

March really is the month for bad decisions, isn't it? :?

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:47 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

One of the more interesting shows in recent times there - it started off so well and there was lots of "positive energy" but it fell apart from the second break. He was a bit arrogant giving those gifts to the banker, and it seemed only right that the banker gave them back at the end!

I do think that to cry over not losing any money is a bit silly, but I suppose you could say he did miss out on a (theoretical) £20,000 (or £35,000 if he chose the good egg). It was certainly edited in a way to make it a very dramatic show - e.g. they left in the bit where Matty requested a break, they left in the comments about him feeling sick and they didn't have the usual heartbeat sound effect when Noel opened his box; all adding to the "gutted" feeling.

Overall, a horrible show due to the painful viewing that ensued when Matty started crying with his wife. I did like him and thought he was a nice bloke, but if you can't cope with the "threat" of winning 1p, then don't go on the show.

It's probably a good thing the eggs have gone now - just like the Hearts for Valentine, these Easter Eggs have done virtually nothing for the players.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:49 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Another 1p win. Good Lord. He gave away 50 grand. Not very bright, in my opinion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have allowed this game to air. DoND USA recently shelved a game that was part of the Feb. 27th episode because of its horrible washout result. This one should have received the same treatment.

Anyone out there want to join The Anti-1p League now?

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tr4962

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

richie4eva1 wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

He did indeed but you must not get too overconfident before the game even begins or the Banker will punish you in the end as proven today

Matty set himself up for the fall today in my opinion, and it was a hard fall today due to Matty's supreme arrogance at the start of the game

I also agree there, he was overconfident

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

tr4962 wrote:
richie4eva1 wrote:
tr4962 wrote:

I also agree there, he was overconfident

I also agree. But he didn't deserve to be left with that final two.

croftrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have allowed this game to air.

Please tell me you are joking. That was TV gold. You would shelve TV gold?

nicola-eastwing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:55 pm    Author: nicola-eastwing    Post subject:

Um just wanted to say something about why Matty was so devastated because it was not mentioned on the show. From the moment I met Matty he was quite clear that he was here to win a large amount of money and was going to donate it to local Tsunami appeals in Thailand. He has been out there and witnessed the devestation at first hand - particularly the more remote areas that funding hasn't reached. I was not there for his game but I guess he was gutted because he felt he had let people down. I hope this puts it in a different context for you. x

nicola x

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

nicola-eastwing wrote:
Um just wanted to say something about why Matty was so devastated because it was not mentioned on the show. From the moment I met Matty he was quite clear that he was here to win a large amount of money and was going to donate it to local Tsunami appeals in Thailand. He has been out there and witnessed the devestation at first hand - particularly the more remote areas that funding hasn't reached. I was not there for his game but I guess he was gutted because he felt he had let people down. I hope this puts it in a different context for you. x

nicola x

Now if that had been mentioned, I'd have had some sympathy for him, but it seemed to be edited out and this did him no favours.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:58 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
He gave away 50 grand. Not very bright, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that if he knew he had a £50,000 box he'd have held onto it.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

nicola-eastwing wrote:

nicola x

Why the *beep* was that edited out of the show? I assume they edited that out so they could edit in some dramatic moments of him crying! Well done Endemol. :roll:

croftrock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
nicola-eastwing wrote:

nicola x

Why the *beep* was that edited out of the show? I assume they edited that out so they could edit in some dramatic moments of him crying! Well done Endemol. :roll:

Yes well done Endemol. That was a brilliant episode! Very, very funny. Nice work fellas!

[ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]