Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:01 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 12:01 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

harryfielder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I watched the game closely and in box 14 was £250,00...in box 16 was £100,00 so what chance was there in box 15 containing £75,00. None.
I'd of jumped at a chance to swap.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aitch,

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:25 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

A good game today. I liked how the board configured, starting with an all red block followed by an all blue block and finished off with the 1p vs £75,000.

The 3rd offer was very generous, or at least looked generous due to the fact there was a gaping hole in the board with no back-ups. However I think it was worth no dealing and going on, but then the offers came crashing down and whilst £8,000 was a fairly good offer which could entice some people out of the chair I think it was worth a gamble. Though the £2,000 was surely a clear no deal.

I was shocked when the Banker offered a swap and thought that was really unfair, but the Banker decided to play fair with a generous offer of £21,000 which was no doubt an easy deal for most and indeed Dave.

I bet the viewer who complained before about the unfair offer in a previous game would of sput out his tea in disgust when he heard there was no money invoved and just a swap at first. No doubt he was getting ready to make another complaint.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

What a great game for Three Reasons

1) Dave was a great contestant

2) We've got a OPW

3) The Newbie was pretty ;)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:43 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I was disapointed that they didn't use green boxes for St Patricks day though. I'm sure they did last year.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Selling your box for 2.1 million times its value is definitely an OPW. Dave played a gutsy game, and was rewarded for his bravery. Enjoy the £21,000.

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

The banker had it coming after that ridiculous 2k offer :!: At 2-box, he could've gotten away with 15k. Ajay was offered only 19.5k with 1p/100k and he dealt, so the banker was acting stupid towards the end.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:50 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well, that was an interesting game.

Was not happy with the 2-box SWAP so am glad the Banker decided to phone back and offer a respectable amount of money.

Well done Dave, a decent player.

greeny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:07 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

mike wrote:
I was disapointed that they didn't use green boxes for St Patricks day though. I'm sure they did last year.

There wasn't a show on St. Patrick's Day last year as it was a Saturday, but the year before, they did have green boxes.

travis P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:30 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject:

Tom wrote:
Was not happy with the 2-box SWAP so am glad the Banker decided to phone back and offer a respectable amount of money.

The telephone call today was certainly a tongue in cheek for those on this forum and other forums who hate to see the swap being offered instead of cash at the final two. As stated last year, I'm not bothered if he offered a swap at the end or not, it has been done time and time again on the European versions. The swap at the end will bound to be offered for any gamblers who do get on the show and would rather open their box ;)

Classic move by The Banker today :lol: :lol: :lol:

One major rule to follow on Deal or No Deal.

"Expect the unexpected"

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

travis P wrote:
Tom wrote:

The telephone call today was certainly a tongue in cheek for those on this forum and other forums who hate to see the swap being offered instead of cash at the final two. As stated last year, I'm not bothered if he offered a swap at the end or not, it has been done time and time again on the European versions. The swap at the end will bound to be offered for any gamblers who do get on the show and would rather open their box ;)

"Expect the unexpected"

I mentioned today that I wondered if the Banker wasn't taunting Dave today but the internet community.

Simon F

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:40 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

travis P wrote:
Tom wrote:

"Expect the unexpected"

I mentioned today that I wondered if the Banker wasn't taunting Dave today but the internet community.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 am    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

harryfielder wrote:
I watched the game closely and in box 14 was £250,00...in box 16 was £100,00 so what chance was there in box 15 containing £75,00. None.
I'd of jumped at a chance to swap.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aitch,

''We pass this way but once''
If I ever get a chance to get on the show I would not open the boxes either side of my box till the end...

Aitch,

Rich D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:12 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

harryfielder wrote:

Mebbe I'm way off beam here... but, at the final call, weren't the odds 50:50, like they always are?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Nope, you're right.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Brick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject:

Caught the More4 repeat of this, first show I've seen all the way through since Nicola's. Good on Dave for not letting the mind games get to him - I'd hate to have a game with really generous offers followed by really mean ones, for better or worse I'd prefer some consistency! The third £20k offer posed a dilemma with the top three looking very exposed - hitting any one of them the following round might have hit the following offer, and an all-blue round (one of the few things that'd push the offer up) wasn't clear cut.

The £2k offer was just insulting though, hopefully Dave's overcoming of that will make the banker think again before doing that to a player. So in short, well done to Dave for a £21k banker thrashing, not joining the 1p club and overall succeeding in a game that would have broken a lot of other people!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:44 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Sounds like I missed an interesting one - a swap threat then a real offer sounds like a good tactic.

The 3rd offer seemed good but with the top 3 up there there was clear potential gain unlike Adam's third offer.

I'd have taken 21K too but 17-20K would be marginal for me i think.

15K would be worth risking despite the 1p.

harryfielder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:28 pm    Author: harryfielder    Post subject:

Rich D wrote:
harryfielder wrote:

Mebbe I'm way off beam here... but, at the final call, weren't the odds 50:50, like they always are?

What odds of having the top three prizes in 14,15,16..????? :roll:

Aitch,

KP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

As likely as any three others. Although it does look slightly strange, it's as likely as any. Just like lottery numbers sometimes producing pairs or even three in a row - it can happen and just because, I dunno, numbers 23 and 25 were the first two out of the machine doesn't mean it won't be 24 next - it's still a 1 in 47 chance at that point, and a 4 in 47 chance it will come out during the main draw.

But I digress.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

lathebault

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

Although I would have liked to see the swap offer actually used, the deal was respectable with the worst case scenario a 1p win. If the £1,000 was left at the end I would have argued the deal far more, but that was understandable. And the 1p in the box took away any potential disappointment a blown 75k box so overall it was enjoyable!

Just need some power 5 box wins,.. ;-)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Dave was a nice bloke and he had an interesting game - one where a third offer deal wouldn't have been overly stupid.

The final offer being a swap didn't surprise me at first - the banker does love offering the swap with 1p and £75k in play. Still at least he phoned back and offered £21,000 which Dave dealt... and conclusively beat the banker in the process!!

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]