Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:05 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:05 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Even in hindsight I don't know.

If box 2 was still in play, I'd have gone for it regardless ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

LOl another weak offer taken,, I would have no dealed INSTANTLY I cannot belive he took a derisory sum like that.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

That's 24 people who blown it now isn't it?

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:00 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
LOl another weak offer taken,, I would have no dealed INSTANTLY I cannot belive he took a derisory sum like that.

:lol: Wondered who would post that first out of you and Lathbalt...

Lewis246

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:01 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

Perhaps he realised that for anyone with a "normal" valuation of money, £57,000 is a hell of a lot to lose on a coinflip?

My guess is that if you get on the show, you'd last 3 games.

Providing they're all OPW's.

Anyway, you've had your gamble now!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:03 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Oh my god... I read the spoiler, but that was really exciting! I was really disappointed they kept the pitch of the tension music low even at the £26,000 offer. I loved it, well done Matt!

kestral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:04 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Lewis246 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Perhaps he realised that for anyone with a "normal" valuation of money, £57,000 is a hell of a lot to lose on a coinflip?

Unfortunately I think we'll find that wasn't a big enough gamble for our 2 resident No Dealers!

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

I tell you what, the QM is coming to the table with alarming regularity, is this is a sign? :?

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Well done on 60k, Matt

Banker may have won but 60k is more than a decent amount to be taking away

Enjoy every penny

And may I just issue an apology for my embarrasing faux pas at the end of yesterday's game :oops:

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

lathebault has probably thrown his telly out of the window, just like Betty! ;)

Wow! The first time we had bravery paid off in AGES! Too bad the Banker was in a tight mood!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

richie4eva1 wrote:
...And may I just issue an apology for my embarrasing faux pas at the end of yesterday's game :oops:

Just don't get drunk during the day again, I mean the Six Nations isn't on until tomorrow! Can't you wait til then??? :lol:

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:20 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

Aaron Brock wrote:
Oh my god... I read the spoiler, but that was really exciting! I was really disappointed they kept the pitch of the tension music low even at the £26,000 offer. I loved it, well done Matt!

But I'm hoping *please god touchwood* that we always have a game similar to Matts

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very well-pitched offers today - I cannot absolutely say what I'd have done at either eight-box or five-box, and while I'd definitely have dealt at two-box there's a reasonable case not to.

I said after yesterday's game that there are situations (like that day's final five) where the initial appearance suggests No Deal but closer analysis suggests Deal, and some where the reverse is true. Today's final five was one of those contrary cases - not that I'm utterly sure I'd have taken that risk on, but the initial appearance did seem to be Deal with only one higher, but the two safety nets were close enough that I think I'd have been at least tempted to play on.

Not the quarter-million - but if you're complaining about the biggest win of 2008 so far, for an unequivocally life-changing sum of money, then you're clearly greedy in more ways than the one that suggests risking £57,000 on a coinflip is wise play.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

lathebault

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

I never posted today because all my sentiments about disappointment are echoed today.

Such a bloody shame no one has the guts to win the £250,000. 1 out of 25 people have won it. What an embarrasing statistic.

lathebault

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: lathebault    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
Lewis246 wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Unfortunately I think we'll find that wasn't a big enough gamble for our 2 resident No Dealers!

Absolutely, it was a tense round to 2 box but that doesn't make it a fantastic game. He also blew £190,,000, on the flip side.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:

I take it you'd have enjoyed a £3,000 box win more than that?

Because Matt sure as heck wouldn't!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:12 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

lathebault wrote:
I never posted today because all my sentiments about disappointment are echoed today.

Such a bloody shame no one has the guts to win the £250,000. 1 out of 25 people have won it. What an embarrasing statistic.

I appreciate that, as Noel said today, you have to take a risk to win the biggie. I don't have time right to check right now but out of those 24 people, I wonder how many of those people would have had to take a risk that sensible people would not be willing to take in real life (and I'm not talking about playing computer games but for real money).

Off my head, take Germaine's £1/£250k finish. That's a huge gamble.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:

Off the top of my head: Germaine and Mally, heck no; Kelsie yes, assuming that you don't even care once you have £75k as a backup (and most don't, in honesty); Natalie could have gone one more but certainly not beyond five-box; Donna, yes you can turn down the two-box offer but not the five-box one unless you're a bit crazy; I can't think of many more off-hand. But Simon's implied point rather stands.

Scottish Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:06 pm    Author: Scottish Fan    Post subject:

Great game today.
Whilst fully appreciating why Matt dealt at £60k, it does beg the question will we ever have someone brave enough to go for the £250k in similar circumstances?
Did think myself that £60k was a bit of a derisory offer, I would have been looking for nearer £100k.
Enjoy the money Matt. :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

What a game! At last we've had one of the biggest wins in ages, in fact this year.

Yes if only Matt had just said no deal it would of been wonderful to see our second QM winner, but £57,000 is a hell of a lot of money to place a gamble on.

In all honesty though I think I would of taken the risk myself. Why? Because so few people get to a position like that and for me I would just want to go for it and get that rush when £250,000 is revealed with everyone cheering and the confetti raining down and Noel announcing "you are our 2nd £250,000 winner!". Of course it could of easily gone the other way and I could end up going home with £3,000 but I feel that I would be happy with myself and knowing that at least I tried. Maybe it'd be foolish of me to do that, believe me turning down £60,000 would not of been easy.

However I totally understand why Matt & anyone else would deal at £60,000. Because it is life changing money and you would have to be brave to take a gamble of that magnitude. Unless of course you are either rich or just don't value money. Now i'm not rich, but I do value money and as such any offer made to me would be taken seriously.

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]