Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:30 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 4:30 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
lathebault wrote:
kestral wrote:
lathebault wrote:
dond_rules wrote:
Put it this way she had come off a perfect round its always good to look back in hindsight knowing she had another perfect round coming but to be honest 25k is alot of money and we shouldn't lose heart of this just for our viewing pleasure

But she had a good chance of getting significant money if she carried on, and a decent chance of a massive increase. (20k/50k, 20k/75k, 50k,75k finishes) and for the worst possible situation you aren't leaving with nothing (a 3k offer) which is only a bit lower than yesterday's feeble deal.

I'd class today's deal as insane as Di's no deal.

Oh why don't you put a sock in it...

Day after day we put up with your endless moaning about how no-one plays your perfect game, why do you continue watching if the show doesn't deliver what you need :roll:

Live with the fact that there are millions of people in the real world who will play the game differently than yourself. They live with the decision they make in their game, why can't you!?!

Because I want to watch the show (as pre-primetime entertainment game show) but the questionable deals really are making for unpleasant viewing. The fact we've had a very bad run isn't helping me anyway

Hold me against this if you want, but once we get a great gamble paying off i'd be a lot more nicer towards a good deal. The run's just killing me and I want to watch it broken!

I am glad you understand and accept that the show is also an entertainment show as well as a gameshow, or at least I hope you do.

Yes, today's show didn't produce the perfect game regards to the highest possible amount in the game being won, but Jean won a tidy sum of money, and also provided a very entertaining game with banter between Noel, the audience and the banker.

This element of the show cannot be ignored as it provides a big part to the show as a whole, and if the producers of the show didn't want this to play such an important part then they would just produce what would be your ideal show of just opening box after box with no pauses, this would then give you your 15/20 mins of a show which after a period of time would become so dull and boring.

I think you are going to have a long wait for a run of shows where you get both gambles and gambles that pay off, you are looking for a type of game that are as you've found over the run of the show quite scarce.

How about trying to step back and enjoy the show like the majority do, and watch the show as a whole, with entertainment and decision making to try and get the most of the game that unravels before the contestant.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

kestral wrote:
How about trying to step back and enjoy the show like the majority do, and watch the show as a whole, with entertainment and decision making to try and get the most of the game that unravels before the contestant.

Or just watch January 2007 episodes again and again. They were everything you wanted and a little bit more.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:27 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well I really enjoyed today's show. I loved the banter Jean had with the Banker and Jean herself came across as a fun person and seemed to be happy just to be there and enjoy her experience.

I was so happy to see an all red final 5 as it seems like ages since we've had one. The offer was about what I expected (I thought it'd be old faithful £26k). Whilst it was a strong board and I think Jean did perhaps want to go on she did the sensible thing and took a guaranteed £25,000 home to her family. Yes I would of loved to have seen her no deal and get the perfect finish but in the this game of random chance nothing is certain, apart from the £25,000 she dealt at. So well done Jean.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:50 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

lathebault wrote:
Because I want to watch the show (as pre-primetime entertainment game show) but the questionable deals really are making for unpleasant viewing.

Unpleasant viewing? My understanding of the word 'unpleasant' is that it means something along the lines of nasty, distasteful, obnoxious or repulsive. I don't see how the word 'unpleasant' is in any sense relevant to the situation of an ordinary person simply playing a high-stakes game in a different way than one particular viewer would have liked.

May I respectfully suggest that it's not the case that a vociferous minority of posters here wind others up simply by holding a different opinion. It seems more likely to me that those minority of posters wind others up with the disrespectful, dogmatic and sometimes hysterical manner in which they often express that opinion.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:31 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Jean is a lovely lady. I hope no more new contestants sign up and have to read this. It's discusting. I know that sounds harsh, but I believe true.

lathebault
Sorry, but get out more. Don't wind yourself up over a game for goodness sake. You can't control the contestants so accept what they are doing, afterall it is their game and not your game.

Big-Davey
It's Kestral's forum, so why can't he do what he likes? As the video said, "Respect the Admins, it's their forum, so they'll do the hell they like."

Jiveclive
Don't be swayed by other people.

I had a nice comment I'd like to have posted about Jean, but I don't feel like posting it now, and it'd probably esculate into an arguement anyway, so there really isn't much point. I'm tired of coming on here (and I'm sure others are too) and having to battle other members. It's either we get on like mature people, or just carry on the way we are going. I know which I'd rather do.

pat_east_wing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:32 pm    Author: pat_east_wing    Post subject: enjoyable

I enjoyed todays show pity she did,nt go on but as they say whatever will be will be .Hope Jean really enjoys her 25k.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
Jean is a lovely lady. I hope no more new contestants sign up and have to read this. It's discusting. I know that sounds harsh, but I believe true.

lathebault
Sorry, but get out more. Don't wind yourself up over a game for goodness sake. You can't control the contestants so accept what they are doing, afterall it is their game and not your game.

Big-Davey
It's Kestral's forum, so why can't he do what he likes? As the video said, "Respect the Admins, it's their forum, so they'll do the hell they like."

Jiveclive

I had a nice comment I'd like to have posted about Jean, but I don't feel like posting it now, and it'd probably esculate into an arguement anyway, so there really isn't much point. I'm tired of coming on here (and I'm sure others are too) and having to battle other members. It's either we get on like mature people, or just carry on the way we are going. I know which I'd rather do.

What do you mean don't be swayed by other people I'm only trying to get my point across

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

What I mean is sometimes you say something, then someone else says their opinion, then you change yours. Just be yourself is what I mean :-)

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:
What I mean is sometimes you say something, then someone else says their opinion, then you change yours. Just be yourself is what I mean :-)

I'll be myself right....

Theres only a few pretty girls in the wings we need more!!!

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Good to see opinions on here today backed up with statistical evidence. I was trying to work out the statisitcs in real time today and I couldn't make my mind up.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:22 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well that show was absolutely awesome. Definitely best show of the month and a contender for game of the year so far.

A fantastic character, Jean was brilliant. A really nice lady. Plus the banker/Jean banter was awesome.

And instead of arguing with the minority who believe that game was a waste of time, i'm just gonna leave it at that.

Well done Jean!

kestral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:14 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

cookie_monster wrote:

lathebault

Big-Davey

Jiveclive

Thanks for the support Cookie, I think Davey was joking as he put a wink at the end of his sentence :D

At least I hope he was, otherwise he'll be outta here ;) (That was a joke :P )

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:19 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

I was definitely joking - after all I wouldn't like to have to babysit and commet on a TV show all at once - guys aren't very good at multi-tasking!!! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:18 am    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

I can't fault Jean for dealing, £25k is a lot of money. I'd love to have £25k in my bank account. If she played on she would have gained another £50,000, but she could just as easily have lost £24,000. Maybe losing £24k would have been worse for her than missing out on £75k. Anyway, I hope she enjoys the money.

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:54 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Enjoyed the Banker banter in this game... and strangely enough I didn't mind so much that Jean dealt too early, cos (unlike Ken in the previous game) she played her own game and made her own decisions.

Still, it is a pity she didn't accidentally say No Deal like £100K Maria!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:34 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
kestral wrote:

Or just watch January 2007 episodes again and again. They were everything you wanted and a little bit more.

Ok but I'm not a wakeyist and even I'm getting annoyed at every single missed opportunity on good boards because of no power 5 box wins - I don't want folk to win peanuts but it was worth going on on a board with a 60% chance of 20K upwards and no blues on the board.

yes 83% of the mean but Aargh!

and I have supported a few deals recently - Paul and Andy and george for instance.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Did £100k Maria mean to Deal? I know Jennifer (1) meant to - and she really should have in my opinion, but given her next round and the 2005 two-box offers it's a good thing she didn't!!

A good point from alexandercbrown; normally we average a Power 5 box win every five weeks or so, but we haven't had one since Hallowe'en have we?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

it's just we need half a dozen power 5 box wins to make up for the drought and the 5K in that game made a difference - I'd have strongly considered 25K if the 1K and the 5K have been replaced with blues.

A few power 5 box wins and my wakeyist feelings will be stemmed.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:45 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

Big-Davey

Thanks for the support Cookie, I think Davey was joking as he put a wink at the end of his sentence :D

At least I hope he was, otherwise he'll be outta here ;) (That was a joke :P )

Big-Davey wrote:
I was definitely joking - after all I wouldn't like to have to babysit and commet on a TV show all at once - guys aren't very good at multi-tasking!!! :lol:

Oh, apologies to Davey! My humor isn't very normal :lol: (incase you hadn't noticed) :P

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

No need to - you just have GCSE-syndrome ;) I'm sure you'll be fine in the summer :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

[ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]