Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:27 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:27 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:39 pm    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Steve that's the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!! Great stuff! :D

golden_touch19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Author: golden_touch19    Post subject:

Hahah that was brilliant!

On reflection, I think it would be pretty easy to knock the box off. If you think about it, the boxes look really light as they lift up a bit when the contestants open them quickly. To knock it over the ledge, you would just need to hit the near face of the box upwards - if you see what i mean, to lift it up so it would topple over.

The box would then need to land on the hinge, not on the top as someone mentioned, which would mean the box would come open and would always land facing upwards, as the box part (as opposed to the lid part) is much heavier.

The only thing which remains unexplained is how the seal broke. I don't know exactly how the seals work, I always thought they were velcro which doesn't really lend itself to being opened by a jolt. Maybe the seal came unattached from the box completely?

I know it seems like I'm reading way too far into this but, on reflection (contrary to my earlier post) I hate to think that it was a scandal, the fact that Noel thought he wasn't being filmed and didn't say anything untoward would suggest it was all just an accident. In my mind the contestants all love each other very much, I don't want to think this was in any way intentional. Jason obviously agrees, and he was pretty close to the whole thing.

Hope this long post doesn't spammify the forum :-D

xxx

the1pclub

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:46 pm    Author: the1pclub    Post subject:

Agreed terrific reconstruction Steve! :lol:

You should be working on Crimewatch soon

DON'T FORGET, IT'S TAX FREE!!

NoelsBi-Atch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:49 pm    Author: NoelsBi-Atch    Post subject:

LMAO Steve, the artwork in the reconstruction is amazing.

You must be a graphic designer or something? Are you?

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:50 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

NoelsBi-Atch wrote:

Of course :o

I made the google earth pictures, and I bet you thought they were real photographs!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

**Kay**

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:10 pm    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
NoelsBi-Atch wrote:

Of course :o

I made the google earth pictures, and I bet you thought they were real photographs!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

i did!!!! god you are a genius my friend xxxx :P

MichaelC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:37 pm    Author: MichaelC    Post subject:

Interesting - the More4 repeat tonight doesn't show Noel taking Massimo off to one side, but does show more of a chat between Massimo & the crew and the make-up person touching up his head before they continue the recording!

Cheers

Michael

dondsam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:46 pm    Author: dondsam    Post subject:

I also noticed that; I even checked the video of last night's show to make sure. Why show different clips of the event on the main show and the repeat?

:?

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:55 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Quote:
Emma has box 7, she peels off the seal which you can clearly hear and reveals 10p. Everyone cheers. Massimo claps and when he begins to walk over to Emma to hug her, just as his head hides behind Noel’s you hear a bang. When Massimo and Emma are hugging you can see Lofty looking over at the west wing. Emma notice the incident. Massimo walks back to the table, remains standing and a couple of seconds later the cameras focus on the incident where you see Tom’s box number 4 opened lying on the floor. You can hear one of the production crew say “It’s Tom the contestant, er his knocked his box off and it’s opened.” The camera then shows the box clearly on the floor showing that it is a red and the figures ,000.

Noel: Well this has never ever happened. And we have an issue.

Massimo looks very shocked.

Noel: Oh dearem dearem

One of the production team member walks over to the box, closes it.

Noel: Er, ladies and gentleman, this is er, this situation has never happened before. Erm and this game is all about honesty and fairness and it gives us a dilemma, er and the only fair way, is to, coz you saw the box we now know the value of that box, is the boxes will have with the independent adjudicator to be removed and will have to be reshuffled on the random principle that they are normally, er including your box.

Massimo: Yep

Noel: But the game play remains as of now, obviously, so you still….

Audience start to clap

One of the production crew: so it’s going to stay the same, the amounts will stay exactly the same, the boxes that are left.

Crew members collecting the boxes and contestants walking around.

Noel: Are you happy with that Massimo?

Massimo: Yea, coz I was over there at, I was over there at 7 and wasn’t aware that there was a box on the floor, but as it was picked up I saw a glimpse of red, so I know it’s a red.

Noel: What I want to know is one hundred percent happy with that decis…come, come, come over coz it’s not fair to throw it all at you sitting there.

Noel takes Massimo round the back of the studio, cameras on Tom and contestants.

Noel: I want you to be hundred percent happy with that decision as being the fairest way of doing it.

Massimo: Yes, yes

Noel: You understand what their saying, they take the boxes, and the independent adjudicator will re-allocate on a random basis?

Massimo: That’s a lovely gesture thanks Noel.

Noel: ok

Last edited by "The Banker" on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:03 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Quote:
Noel: Oh dearem dearem.

Hah, Noel cracks me up.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:15 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that the boxes weren't shuffled and box 4 had £5,000 to begin with.

flash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:28 pm    Author: flash    Post subject:

Hmmm, INTERESTING!

I imagine you *could* knock the box off. Although you should be being very careful; I remember one time the makeup lass was leaning across the desk to touch me up and she was told to go round to the other side as the box was not in view while she was stood there. I was always scared of opening mine too early etc!

But from time to time I would lean forward (for comfort, when tense, etc), and I can imagine you might spring back from that position in celebration and knock it... you'd have to use some force but because of the lip I guess it would flip over, rather than slide off :(

It's odd that the seal was off, but sometimes they were hard to open, sometimes they came away very easily. I suppose once they are on they can't test the tightness without undoing them!

I found the clip very interesting - a chance to see all the crew guys and gals again! - but I really don't think there was anything sinister going on, from the contestant or the crew. I would like to think that the remaining numbers were allocated to boxes at random.

Oh, and it was said in the paper that they USED to use excel's "random" number generator, but if you remember the sequencegate stuff, they don't do that any more and haven't for weeks! :D

Maltus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:34 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Wish I'd seen this show, I've been away. But having seen the relevant clip, I do feel sorry for Tom as well as Massimo. Yes, he was clumsy but in the heat of the moment these kind of things happen. I'm sure he didn't do it deliberately, that would just be malicious and vindictive and theres no way he would have done that. He looked devastated after the incident.

The whole studio was in shock, so am I...! :shock:

bramernic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: bramernic    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that it was a big one. I've drawn two lines to demonstrate how much of the inside of the box lid we can see. I reckon it's just under half the width, which means that the amount was almost certainly six figures + the £ sign.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:04 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I'm convinced its £5,000 still.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:37 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

*Post deleted by "The Banker"*

Last edited by "The Banker" on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:15 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

I think that the only way your first picture could be true is if he is superman :shock: :shock:

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:18 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

The Banker, tell us your video then :-D

I saw it on YouTube but it says "User removed video"

greeny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:21 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

It was a series of drawings animated showing how the box dropped to the floor. The graphics were as amazing (*cough*) as your drawings.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:25 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
It was a series of drawings animated showing how the box dropped to the floor. The graphics were as amazing (*cough*) as your drawings.

They surely weren't as good as mine :-D

[ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]