Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:47 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:47 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

LittleFrog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:51 pm    Author: LittleFrog    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
MisterAl wrote:
It was a horrible thing to happen to Massimo, and also to Tom. I think it was handled okay though, although I'd definitely have liked to have seen the remaining boxes allocated to the remaining players randomly after the incident, as well as the amounts being shuffled. That way it would have been clear that amounts were not being allocated to specific players. The players seemed to have the same numbered boxes both before and after the incident.

Maybe the producers did give Massimo the option of starting again from scratch, but after that start would you want to start again? I know I wouldn't.

I think it was handed really fairly. Originally I think thought they should have said to Massimo "are you happy with the amount that was found in the opened box?" but on second thoughts, that's not very fair. I think the production team, and Noel himself did a really good job, so fair play to them.

Also you are right, the numbered boxes could have been changed. It looked like that the numbers the contestants chose for the 2nd time were not allocated fairly that way.

the1pclub

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:58 pm    Author: the1pclub    Post subject:

I have to agree the handling from the production crew and from Noel was good, especially in the way it happened.

DON'T FORGET, IT'S TAX FREE!!

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:03 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

I've been told that box 4 did originally have the £250,000, but from that photo, it doesn't look like it. It's very confusing.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:15 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

It seems to me that they weren't actually planning to show the box-falling incident on TV - immediately afterwards Noel started talking as if the previous box had just been opened (the one that was meant to be!), and there was no reference to it at all for the rest of the game. So the contestants were given the same numbered boxes so they could edit it and pretend nothing had happened. Obviously they eventually decided it would be best to show it all.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:29 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

i think massimo knew what were in the boxes, so they did that incident so he could do badly...

damsonlady

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Author: damsonlady    Post subject:

Felt so sorry for Mass today - what hapened did they change to amounts in the boxes? they just carried on and didn't really say anything an explanation would of been nice. What a fantastic show and what a great forum thanks. Do you ever get postings fromt eh Banker or Noel?? :lol:

NoelsBi-Atch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Author: NoelsBi-Atch    Post subject:

Aaron Brock wrote:
i think massimo knew what were in the boxes, so they did that incident so he could do badly...

Do you think so? Blimey

**Kay**

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Author: **Kay**    Post subject:

scandal at DOND

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:48 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Aaron Brock wrote:

I think it was purely an accident...... maybe I'm naive :shock:

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

bramernic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 pm    Author: bramernic    Post subject:

You all seem to be having a problem with the seal coming off, but it's really quite simple. We've been told that Tom got a bit excited and ended up knocking his box up in the air (which explains how it got over the wooden lip). Just like toast always falls butter side down, it's most likely that the box would have fallen top down. The seal sticks up over the top, so when it hit the floor the whole weight of the box would have been pushing on the seal. I'm sure that that would be enough to break the seal.

NoelsBi-Atch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:56 pm    Author: NoelsBi-Atch    Post subject:

bramernic wrote:
Just like toast always falls butter side down,

Can't believe they use butter to seal em, tsk, how silly. :shock:

BlairM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:44 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
It seems to me that they weren't actually planning to show the box-falling incident on TV - immediately afterwards Noel started talking as if the previous box had just been opened (the one that was meant to be!), and there was no reference to it at all for the rest of the game. So the contestants were given the same numbered boxes so they could edit it and pretend nothing had happened. Obviously they eventually decided it would be best to show it all.

That was the strangest thing I found about tonights show.

I suppose if I was there, had a bad start and that incident happened I'd of demanded to restart the game. The producers couldn't have denied him that choice either surely.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:55 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

i feel a tad guilty if i was tom as he was doing so well unitl the incident,

but it happened, life is life

MisterAl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:57 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

BlairM wrote:
I suppose if I was there, had a bad start and that incident happened I'd of demanded to restart the game. The producers couldn't have denied him that choice either surely.

I think they could have denied that, actually. Otherwise, whenever a player has a bad game, it could all be wiped out by one of the box-openers, ahem, accidentally opening their box before they were supposed to.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

And I wouldn't want to restart a game and sacrifice a board like that, that's for sure.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:56 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Oh, I just watched the clip again, and one of the woman told Mass that his box would stay the same. I thought they reshuffled his box too.

EDIT: Noel says that his box is gunna change, then the woman says it's not, then it gets taken away. Silly woman.

Last edited by Zeddie on Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:00 am    Author: MichaelC    Post subject:

What a shame for Massimo - I think the whole box thing ruined his game, I was sure we were on for a good one until then. Still, he did the right thing by shocking everyone and dealing at £7400 - I think I'd have carried on (though possibly not right to the end and gamble at £500 v £15000).

On the tumbling box thing, I think they did the right thing by re-distributing the amounts, but like others have said, it would've been fairer if the remaining contestants had to pick a new box. Then again, it's clear they originally didn't intend to show the crew bit, and it looks like they put the same numbers back for continuity.

I'd be interested to know what Massimo's comment of "That's a lovely gesture, thanks" was about during his off-screen chat with Noel. That part doesn't fit in with the visual of the boxes coming back, and it didn't sound to be in context with the rest of what Noel was saying......

Cheers

Michael

Tugger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:01 am    Author: Tugger    Post subject:

i dont think mass cheated or why did 75k go?
i think tom did do it on purpose though because if you listen to the vid on high volume when 10p is revealed you can hear a strip opening and a little later you hear a quiet bang
i'm not sure what was in it. i think it was the 100k or 250k though
i feel sad for mass after such a good game. if that hadn't have happened he would have about 24k in his grasps in an offer

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:14 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

mtugby wrote:
i dont think mass cheated or why did 75k go?
i think tom did do it on purpose though because if you listen to the vid on high volume when 10p is revealed you can hear a strip opening and a little later you hear a quiet bang
i'm not sure what was in it. i think it was the 100k or 250k though
i feel sad for mass after such a good game. if that hadn't have happened he would have about 24k in his grasps in an offer

Why on earth would Tom do it on purpose :? It serves no purpose and effectively completely changed Massimo's game when it was going really well.

There's no certainty that Massimo would have had a 24K offer if the accident happened or not!

It was frustrating that it happened but I think (imho) it was dealt with in the best possible way!

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

johindes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:20 am    Author: johindes    Post subject:

I was totally gutted for Mass when it went wrong with that box. He was on such a roll, and it really changed it for him. I wanted to go and give him a huge hug. :(

[ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]