Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:38 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:38 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

SrWilson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Warnings: 0
I don't think theres any need for MISS ORRY to be on the show its a game show for money not a drag queen comedy show.
I reckon Orry is not that fussed about dressing up and its the show thats pushing him on to be in his drag for the remainder of the time.

Just Like They keep pushing the tramp stuff with Johnny.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

daniel4389

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:26 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

corncrake wrote:
That opportunity could have been 'given' to Olly but Maggie had it and didn't make the most of it

Who's to say Olly wouldn't have done the same as Maggie anyway? He probably only went to the end because he had such a *beep* board and low offers...he didn't seem like some hardcore gambler who was going to play to the end whatever happened. It's much easier to turn down £22k at the third offer then right at the end when there's a 50% chance of winning fifty quid!

Billy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Aaaaaand just when things were looking up :(

Difficult to know what to say there, games like that have dominated so much of Season 3 but they looked like they were slowly disappearing until now. The 22 really does seem doomed, it's either Deal early, or open your box and reveal a blue, with only a few exceptions!

Bad luck Olly but you took it really well. Let's have a happier game tomorrow!

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:43 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Another day - another tragedy. Luckily it wasn't dwelled on for too long and the game, once going, looked to be heading for a spectacular win. Olly seemed a genuinely decent and likeable chap and was playing it in the right spirit and doing the right things.

The crash when it came was a wipeout. I don't think I've ever seen such a catastrophe and even the swap at the end didn't work out. It raises the perennial swap/no-swap question again but its 50/50 no matter how you view the rights and wrongs of it.

All that can be said really is 'unlucky Olly it wasn't your day'.

Woodvale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:50 pm    Author: Woodvale    Post subject:

I agree, to lose four big reds in a row really knocked the stuffing out of this game, I don't think there was any way back after that.
As the banker pointed out it was the worse run of four consecutive boxes in the history of the show.
Really hard luck Olly you deserved better.

Last edited by Woodvale on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corncrake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

daniel4389 wrote:
corncrake wrote:
That opportunity could have been 'given' to Olly but Maggie had it and didn't make the most of it

Who's to say Olly wouldn't have done the same as Maggie anyway? He probably only went to the end because he had such a *beep* board and low offers...he didn't seem like some hardcore gambler who was going to play to the end whatever happened. It's much easier to turn down £22k at the third offer then right at the end when there's a 50% chance of winning fifty quid!

I guess so! I still class it as a wasted opportunity when the big gamblers out there end up with nothing and then get called greedy... I wish we could do a reversal with some people. You'd think this period of 'Deal and power 5 in box' and 'gamble and blue in the box' would end by now but it isn't.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

If you asked me, perhaps he is just an entertaining kind of fella ;)

Seriously, from one entertaining character to another, H has to stop liking so many male contestants; so far this season, every one of them he's become avid fans of has gone home with a blue win, and small ones at that!

Bad luck today - but what an entertaining show; that Clive/Hayley banter was LEGEND! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Oh dear!

He was one of my favourites as well, a decent genuine guy - I guess I can't say anything apart from what everyone else has said apart from I think H puts the curse on everyone! ;-)

Still, at least getting to share a room with Louise must have made him feel better! ;-)

And games like that are why it soes pay (sometimes) to walk at the third offer! If it had been (say) Harry in the chair today, it would have been the most spectacularly good prvoeout ever, he didn't even see 20% of the 22k offer after that!

And Clive's game is the one I absolutely MUST see - if he has a trainwreck, then I don;t know what.....

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

corncrake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:12 pm    Author: corncrake    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
Oh dear!

He was one of my favourites as well, a decent genuine guy - I guess I can't say anything apart from what everyone else has said apart from I think H puts the curse on everyone! ;-)

Still, at least getting to share a room with Louise must have made him feel better! ;-)

And games like that are why it soes pay (sometimes) to walk at the third offer! If it had been (say) Harry in the chair today, it would have been the most spectacularly good prvoeout ever, he didn't even see 20% of the 22k offer after that!

And Clive's game is the one I absolutely MUST see - if he has a trainwreck, then I don;t know what.....

I think if someone sells a massive value box for far less that could also be called a trainwreck, with the offers steadily rising from the one that was dealt!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:44 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Ouch. I wasn't too fond of him on the wings however I thought it was really kind of him when he said he was here to raise money for his sick mother so she can have her treatment. Really good to a really bad situation. I also felt really bad for Noel today too. ruining someone's day by taking £1,000 away.

Well, attleast £10 is better than 1p! Good game Olly and I hope you get some money for your mother.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well what a horrible game that was. I really was hoping Olly would win big today, he was a nice guy and obviously made a lot of friends whilst at the show.
The game was going so well till the unimagineable happened by hitting 4 of the power 5 in a row with no chance of a comeback, and I think a lot of people would of ended up with 'peanuts money' today as i'm sure most people would of ND the 3rd offer of £22,000 due to the strength of the board.

Up until that destruction of the game I really enjoyed all the banter that was going on and found it very entertaining, if only Olly had the big win this would of been a great show.

But well done Olly anyone and I hope he gets the money he needs.

mattsr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:37 pm    Author: mattsr    Post subject:

<Still, at least getting to share a room with Louise must have made him feel better! >

Yup, I was really enjoying Ollie's game, right up to the moment he said Louise has a boyfriend!!! Lost interest after that. :smt015

Seriously though, I did feel for him. Rotten luck.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

george wrote:
Whats the chance of taking out the 4 highest amounts left in order?

On an 11 box board, the odds of taking the top 4 boxes out in order (or in fact the odds of taking any specific 4 boxes in order) is 1/11 x 1/10 x 1/9 x 1/8 or 1 in 7920.

The odds of hitting the top 4 boxes in any order (of which there are 24 comibnations of picking 4 boxes in any order) at 11 box (or any 4 boxes you want) is 1 in (7920/24) or 1 in 330.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

What a nasty game, like many I didn't see that finish coming, and the end swap just about summed up the game. It just goes to prove, it's not how you start but how you finish. I suppose Howard's game had a good start (well, a good offer anyway - £18,000!), and then he ended up with 50p and £1, it's just something you've got to accept when you go on the show. £22,000 was not worth taking (although I may have been tempted at £30,000...), just dreadful bad luck for the crash after that.

...and that equals the record of 8 consecutive reds at the table, as Olly swapped away the £1,000!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:01 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I think all the videos on ilovedond are broken :?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Ouch - what a trainwreck. :(

mallard2007

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:54 am    Author: mallard2007    Post subject:

I liked Olly... what a pity he only won £10 !! :(

Hope you do well in the future :D

Yorkie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 am    Author: Yorkie    Post subject:

Really horrible for a lovely lad to win so little, truly wanted him to do well.
Poor Olly :oops:

Yorkie - not for girls !!

Rich D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:17 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

First half of the game was excellent, second half was... eek!

Anyone else notice, after Olly read out his parents' card, and everyone clapped... one of the contestants took a surreptitious glance at their watch! That's going in your file, P*t!

Also, Noel seemed a bit more tanned than he did in the previous game...

Joshieboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:17 pm    Author: Joshieboy    Post subject:

God there Is no Pleasing some People on here Is their? :roll:
One min your saying that the Show Is bland and boring and then when they do something Amazing like let Miss Orry come out to play (Who looked Gorgeous and Is very Funny) or give Johnny a Makeover In great style you just Bitch and moan :twisted:
Like someone said they ain't Robots they have "PERSONALITY" 8)
I for one would rather see the likes of Clive, Hayley, Miss Orry and Johnny who shine, stand out and bring something to every game than just see a bland contestant whose biggest sentence Is "HOPE IT'S A BLUE" and you don't even notice them :x
On another Post someone said they HATE Miss Orry :shock:
WHY? You don't know him/her, I went to a few Recordings while Orry was on the West Wing and he Is just a caring person and took time out to speak to the Audience while we waited to go In and had everyone In stitches of laughter before the Show started and even In the break went and cuddled the other Contestants and If Miss Orry got on your nerves then your gunna Love him even more on Santa or Scrooge week!!! :-D Unless your there and In that close enviroment then you couldn't possibly know how they feel towards one another or what they are going through so just lay off them a bit.
Someone said that they really hated Miss Orry, Marcus and Bunny!!! Well In my eyes that Isn't hate It's Homophobia and not a very nice thing to have on a Forum :roll:
It's NOT a Game Show It's an ENTERTAINMENT programme so take it for what It Is and enjoy, don't analyze everything :D

[ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]