Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:06 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:41 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a fascinating 10 minutes viewing. Was flicking between the Israel/Russia game and DOND with 2 complete opposite emotions within 2 minutes. The ecstasy of Israel scoring (and yes I know England are rubbish but the rules say that the 2 best teams go through and if England avoid losing midweek, they will have finished in the top 2) followed by the complete agony of this game.

I would probably have dealt at 5 box but I respect Mario's decision.

tr4962

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:01 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject:

I personally think he got a bit greedy, and the offer was dealable, so i don't really understand why he went on

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:11 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

tr4962 wrote:
I personally think he got a bit greedy, and the offer was dealable, so i don't really understand why he went on

i don't think the term 'greedy' is acceptable really whether it's used by certain people to attack no dealing or to attack dealing.

The show is based on 'greed' and everyone who goes on to expect money for opening boxes is 'greedy' really. :?

The aim of the game is to win as much money as is possible. OK Mario was unlucky but he knew the risk he was taking and it's a shame it didn't work out.

I didn't think that was an unreasonable deal - high 20s -30K and i'd have been advising a deal.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Power5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:48 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I was sure he was going to take the £22,500, and had a feeling it would go wrong when he went on... and so it proved as he took out the big one right at the end. Who knows what the final offer would have been if he'd picked the other box.

Just hope he didn't have too many regrets, my Wakeyistic side loves to see people have a go at the really big money but my realistic side likes to see people go away with an amount that's right for them. And I suspect that fifth offer would have done a lot for him and his family. At least £1,000 was some consolation and he didn't leave with a blue.

Anyway, who was the last person to take out the £250,000 with the 20th box in active play? Has it happened since 1p Trevor?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:50 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:

Anyway, who was the last person to take out the £250,000 with the 20th box in active play? Has it happened since 1p Trevor?

Shirley and Daniel I think.

This could almost count as the worst 20th box to 1p trevor.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:07 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Power5 wrote:
I was sure he was going to take the £22,500, and had a feeling it would go wrong when he went on... and so it proved as he took out the big one right at the end. Who knows what the final offer would have been if he'd picked the other box.

Just hope he didn't have too many regrets, my Wakeyistic side loves to see people have a go at the really big money but my realistic side likes to see people go away with an amount that's right for them. And I suspect that fifth offer would have done a lot for him and his family. At least £1,000 was some consolation and he didn't leave with a blue.

Have you ever thought that £250,000 is what is right for someone?

I suspect had he left my box alone and kept 250K vs 1k he woulda been out like a shot even if it was derisory probably! :?

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:10 am    Author: Power5    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Have you ever thought that £250,000 is what is right for someone?

Right for someone with no commitments who can afford to take the risk, yes. Whether that gamble was right for him, I'm not so sure.

SrWilson wrote:
I suspect had he left my box alone and kept 250K vs 1k he woulda been out like a shot even if it was derisory probably! :?

Depends what you class as "derisory". £1,000 may as well be 1p in that situation as far as I'm concerned. So it's just a case of whether that final offer is money you can afford to lose or not - whether it's £20,000 or £125,000.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Of course £250,000 is better than anything lower but the question is whether it's by enough to make a risk worthwhile!

I might have gone on with the low reds there, I might not; very well-judged offer and I may have tried to wrangle the £26k out of the Banker rather than try and decide on £22,500! Neither decision was stupid and it was painful to see the 10% chance in that order!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:12 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

well if I had 1k vs 250K and I was offered something like 40 to 50K truthfully i'd be dead angry thats derisory to me. If he gave me 125K on a 1k 250K finish id snab it and run but we know he would never be that generous. lol

I have a come to play the game attitude so I would be looking for 6 figure money but if the boxes did not fall I would try get the best out of it I can.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
I have a come to play the game attitude so I would be looking for 6 figure money but if the boxes did not fall I would try get the best out of it I can.

Which on Friday was six grand through not 'playing the game' the way you define it...

(Although, of course, the biggest wins come from the biggest risks most of the time. So, too, the biggest losses. That's why they're risks.)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

toton1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:57 am    Author: toton1    Post subject: Box 22

Interesting , all this box 22 talk. This is certainly latched on to in Mondays show which I saw being filmed so there is plenty of discussion there for all you box 22 fans :D .

Ive put more details in the spoilers section should you be impatient lol

Aramid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:59 am    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

The first offer he received is proportional to the content of his box and his winnings.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Quite pleased I missed this actually - it sounds like as almost-as-bad version of 1p Trevor's game, noly with a small sort of consolation.

I would have left 22 as well if it had been me, not sure about the £22,500 no-deal, I'd genuinely struggle to decide on that one - average luck would at least get you something around 10k at 2-box if the biggie went but he hit the 10% chance.

But he does share the honour of having the same finish as three of my all-time favourite players - Melanie, Julian and VENTRESS, and Jackee too who was cool. Eveyone who's had that finish in active play at least got the £1,000 which is good news - only Melanie had the £100 in her very long proveout! ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:49 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I just had this feeling that Mario's game was going to have a big win and when they played that extra heartbeat effect during the last 3 boxes I really thought that he was at least going to get to the end with the £250,000 still in play, I bet Mario must be thinking "if only". If he had only opened the other box then everything would be so different. I know i'd be gutted at that stage knowing if I had just picked the other box.

However Mario played the game and I thought he was brave to turn down the £22,500 offer as I thought that was rather generous and I thought he'd take it. Well done on your £1,000 anyway Mario at least you got a little money out of the game.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:54 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Another disappointment, although Mario seemed to take it extremely well so well done him. He was from Ipswich as well!

But to be honest, i thought he got a little bit greedy..i dont normally see players as greedy but for some reason...[although please dont now have a go at me for just stating that..]

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]