Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Brilliant end to the Halloween themed week

I have to say that to rank as one of the best weeks of DOND, all 5 players won big amounts and the banker was well and truly thumped this week with not one TRICK box appearing

However will this lead to a banker backlash in the next few weeks, only time will give us that answer

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

James1978

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What a relief she picked the treat! If it had been a conventional game, it would have been just like 1p Trevor and 52p Irene with an insulting 5-box offer (2 grand with 100k still there? What a load of poo!) then hitting 2 blues then the devastaion of the big one when they're on the verge of a massive offer that will make the banker look foolish!

But instead to got that, a real feel-good result, and very brave of her to turn down 7k when she was getting all emotional - that was brave, and great to see her rewarded with the perfect game!

I have to confess I was slightly disappointed she didn't have 1p in her box, not just for the game, but for all 3 Marias to parallel the 3 Gaz's. (theres' been an 100k box win for each, a 70k+ deal for each - this would have matched Gaz from this time last year with an average win but a sale of the 1p). :)

But who says she wouldn't have swapped? I wish Noel would ask it, and the player go ahead with it, when it doesn't matter!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:24 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Maria. A good game to finish a fairly decent week.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:59 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well as with Little Rich, I was expecting a huge win for Maria due to various hints and rumours in the spoiler thread, and I did still wonder if the £100k win was coming right up until she dealt... but still, another OPW and the contestants certainly had the last laugh over the Banker on this Halloween week! (Still want to see the "Trick" box come into play some time, so hopefully they will do this again!)

Well done Maria and all who played this week, red sequence reaches 14 and let's hope the birthday show keeps the standards up!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Well that'll do! I might have gone on at £14k and ended up founding the £1,000.01 club (it meets at the coin-operated phonebox next to the card-operated phonebox of the £15,000.01 club, in the caravan park where the 1p caravan resides). I'd have been thinking 'I'd expect £28k at two-box, and I'd take it - so I'm risking £14k for a two-in-three shot at £28k - I like those odds'. But I think it'd have needed the £1k guarantee to make me feel able to do it!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:03 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Another game where the 'treat' box made for an exciting finish. And another disappointing start too. The game steadily went down the tubes and the board was in a very precarious state by 5 box. Under normal circumstances Maria would have been stuffed and the game over but the offer after every box gave her a chance to make something of the board. The forcing offer at 5 box was a shocker but she still had to be brave and open 2 more boxes to squeeze the Banker up to a reasonable level. If the £100k had gone it would have been game over.

She got out at just the right time with a decent amount and ended a dismal week for the Banker with another spanking.

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

These bank offers are getting worse and worse!! I think the 5-box offer should've been quadruple at 8k, but kudos to Maria for making the best out of her moment, and got an OPW! :D I am really curious now who plays on the birthday show. My guess is Charly, or mary.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Yer well done on the 15K But im peeved No one picked TRICK it would have been far more interesting :twisted: .

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

hursty2211

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 pm    Author: hursty2211    Post subject: Thank you

Thank you all so much for the good comments :D and I have just watched it again :roll: as we had guests and couldnt always hear what was said ..cos we were laughing so much :-D

I couldnt risk going on any further..cos as you have seen ..it wasnt there for me anyway..really needed him to crank up the offers..but the decision that was going over in my mind was ..box 7 is my daughters birthday..and box 16 is my wedding anniversary.

15K is a lot of money..is to me anyway..and as you know I have started my own "Bath And Bubbles"..empire..which got edited out I might had. :?
Here is the link to a freepage of my company..you cant click on the pictures but it gives you an idea of what i sell..little bit like "lush"..but much more affordable.
http://www.ukfreepages.co.uk/publish/page4269.php

and at least I am my own boss..and can come and go as i please..but i dont.lol ..work mon-sat 8.30- 4.30 everyday..but at least I know I did it thanx to Dond..was one of my dreams for 5 years.

once again Thank you
Luv Maria x x

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I think every Maria in Great Britain will be getting their hands on an application form to go on the show now!

Ok, so it wasn't £100,000 or £75,000 but she still managed to get a great amount of money out of an 'all or peanuts' game, and beat the Banker!

Also, I'm pleased that not once did we see a TRICK box, which is fantastic!

Really welldone on that £15,000 Maria! :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:58 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Hey Maria well done on your £15,000 and for beating the Banker and I see it didn't take Noel long to help you out with your trouser problem :)

The Banker tried to be mean this week but it's all back-fired on him. His offers this week have been derisory to say the least and he never even got his trick box into play (though I would of liked to of seen it purely for gameplay terms). Hopefully the Banker will start to be a bit more reasonable next week or he might end up losing a lot more money.

Can't wait for tommorow's show and I hope we get an exciting game for DOND's 2nd birthday show.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:22 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

That 5 box offer was one of the most insulting ever along with Irene and £10 Steve but she was right to go to 3 box. 7K was worth risking.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:23 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
Yer well done on the 15K But im peeved No one picked TRICK it would have been far more interesting :twisted: .

Yeah I'd almost think it was a fix. :?

Rich D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:08 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Maria came across as one of the most charismatic players for months, really pleased that she won a decent amount and got out of the game just at the right time.

hursty2211

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:31 pm    Author: hursty2211    Post subject:

Alexander
yeh thought some of those offers were a bit offish..but I couldnt show it cos he would of picked up on that and made it worse..I should go on Pokerface now..as I knew those offers were horrible..and i knew the camera would capture my expression..dont think he expected me to carry on after the 7k offer..so glad i did.

Maria x

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:37 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

I always wonder what people really think when they get a bad offer but they have to act as if it's good so as not to make it worse.

hursty2211

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:39 am    Author: hursty2211    Post subject:

Hi Mike..yeh it was really bizzare as i was aware there were cameras everywhere..the 2k offer felt like a bolt of thunder going through my mind..and was just thinking he was playing mind games..so nervous as i was ..just had to keep going so he would crank up the offers...but do have to say I had a brilliant time and will never forget that..as I have made so many friends through this..not just at the paintworks but on here too.

Maria x

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Well you beat him in the end so it serves the Banker right :D and am glad the money has helped you out.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:47 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Welldone Maria, hope you are enjoying the money! and another Maria Outright player win!

hursty2211

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:27 pm    Author: hursty2211    Post subject:

yeh I enjoyed it while it lasted :-D lol...quite a lot tied up in business...no problem will get it back now people have seen me on dond :lol: ..thank you for your nice comments.

Maria xx

[ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]