Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:11 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
stewie wrote:
I wish i watched the rugby over this tbh... dissapointing game

Are you talking about DOND or the rugby?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

All I can gather from this thread (bearing in mind I never watched the game) is that it was a cautious deal. And good on Pete!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:28 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Well, that was much better than the rugby!

The 1p's appearances this season have been absolutely incredible, but even more so is that no one's won it, if everyone had gone to the end this season then we'd be close to 20 1p club members by now!

Really glad we didn't get another member today and he dealt just before the big crash would have come...one nasty thing about this season is that we've had so many horrible blue wins (incredibly none of which being the 1p) so it's great to see someone actually deal before it happened! Well done on the £5,100, Pete!

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

It's quite rare these days to get a TPW. It was a cautious deal but given the real life tragedy that Pete had suffered, it was understandable.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:49 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well I'm afraid Pete was another one of those that I had hardly noticed on the wings despite his great number of games. And there wasn't a lot of sparkle in his game. A steady whittling of big reds kept the offers low and with an exposed £100k at 8 box I thought a deal was imminent if the banker offered any sort of get-out. He did. Pete dealt.

The proveout actually favoured his somewhat cautious deal so he got out at the right time and the 1p in his box added to the overall feel-good factor.

Not a game that will stick in the memory for long but pleasant enough.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:00 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I liked Pete on the wings (although he didn't say much). I could tell his game would be a good one. And for entertainment, it was!

It reminded me of a 2005/6 game in many ways. The humour coming mainly from the contestant themselves, rather than from gimmicks. It was just a straightforward game with no nasty banker tactics, as well as some good, fun humour, in the form of (classic, if rather corny) jokes such as Noel's "Your family is full of Dicks" comment. Also, the way in which he dealt a low amount, the way someone else opened the box other than Noel and then how everyone screamed when it was the 1p made it very 2005-esque!

I must admit I was surprised at the deal, so it even had a shock element... that show is definitely my favourite for a while, although it'll probably go down as one of the most underrated.

A nice heart-warming game from a lovely, genuine bloke. A nice piece of entertainment and it's the shows like that that I enjoy the most... hope we see some more of them soon. Really well done Pete and enjoy that money!

Rich D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:08 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Shocked that Pete dealt when he did, really pleased he won out in the end, thanks to Charly & Steff's own choice of boxes at the start!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:28 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Rich D wrote:
Shocked that Pete dealt when he did

I'm quite surprised you and H were shocked at his deal. Pete always seemed the cautious sort, it was a low offer game throughout and with the £100k stting there exposed I thought any average player would grab a deal provided the banker wasn't too mean.

The banker offered a sum not too far off the previous peak in the game and Pete accepting it was a gimme. I thought it would have taken quite a gambler on that board to go on myself and would have been far more shocked (but happy) had he no dealt it.

Oh and well done KP on the commentary. Most acceptable.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:32 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I wasn't shocked at his deal but I would have wanted it to be higher 4 figures closer to 10K. I thought 5.1K was a slightly low offer IMO. I definitely would have turned that down. If I was having a rather flat game I'd want to carry on to at least 5 box and see where it got me.

Rich D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

I'm amused that you're quite surprised that H & I were shocked that Pete dealt!

IMHO it's hardly a cautious sort who has that many large tattoos on his arms, and who goes to record a national TV prog so soon after a bereavement, and with his own health problems to boot... It all adds (or should've done) to a Banker's profile of a relatively fearless player.

I guess personal physical bravery and familial financial risk are two different things!

Last edited by Rich D on Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I thought he seemed to be considering it though!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Rich D wrote:
I guess personal physical bravery and familial financial risk are two different things!

Precisely. And it is Noel's use of vocabulary that deliberately creates a false equivalence between the two. The former, almost everyone considers positive, whether they possess it or not. (And I'll be the first to admit I don't.) The latter, there is a massive spectrum of opinion, and many people have at least some disdain for high levels of it. Using the vocabulary of the former to describe the latter skews the perspective of the viewer towards risk-taking.

I honestly felt the mentions of Maria's game was to put a lot of pressure on him to No Deal, but then Noel suddenly flipped back, as if in guilt, as if me or H were on his shoulder, talking about the offer and telling him to think about taking it... and take it he did! He was only mildly bad in the first round of the proveout too, and then once the biggie went, he wasn't all 'it's still a defeat if you have the £10,000', he was acting as if it was all over already! A remarkable change, and I know which Noel I want!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Sam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:52 pm    Author: Sam    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Rich D wrote:

Precisely. And it is Noel's use of vocabulary that deliberately creates a false equivalence between the two. The former, almost everyone considers positive, whether they possess it or not. (And I'll be the first to admit I don't.) The latter, there is a massive spectrum of opinion, and many people have at least some disdain for high levels of it. Using the vocabulary of the former to describe the latter skews the perspective of the viewer towards risk-taking.

I honestly felt the mentions of Maria's game was to put a lot of pressure on him to No Deal, but then Noel suddenly flipped back, as if in guilt, as if me or H were on his shoulder, talking about the offer and telling him to think about taking it... and take it he did! He was only mildly bad in the first round of the proveout too, and then once the biggie went, he wasn't all 'it's still a defeat if you have the £10,000', he was acting as if it was all over already! A remarkable change, and I know which Noel I want!

Like your signature KP 8)

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:34 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Welldone Pete, enjoy £5,100! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Well done Pete! Not a bad game, a nice victory as well.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:38 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Good to see the banker finally offer something sensible on an all-or peanus board there, indeed he has learnt the mistakes from September, where he was rubbing everyone's nose in it!

Not that I would have dealt - I think I would have risked keeping the 100k to 5-box for a higher offer (something around 10k or so) as I wouldn't have wanted to risk selling the £100k for less than £6k. I may have considered it if the £100k had been £75k. And I'd have ended up with £52.50. I love it when someone does the exact opposite of me, and in this case, unexpectedly, only to completely prove me wrong! :)

Well done Pete on being the umpteenth player in Season 3 to sell the 1p box!

And how been times has it been in 14 at the table? 14 is starting to rival 6 in its crappiness stakes! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:07 am    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I think Pete's was it's 5th visit to the table in box 14 (1p Trevor, 1p Tony and Debbie (4) also had it, not sure if Joan (2) did). It's been in box 6 four times on the table, with Fadil, Giorgio, £16,006 Helen and Kascey.

Other boxes to have it more than once on the table are box 3 (Audrey and Sally), box 8 (Stan and Phyllis), box 7 (Connell and Adam, although Connell swapped to it at the end) and box 4 (PJ and Asim, although PJ swapped to it at the beginning.)

hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:05 am    Author: hunter    Post subject:

well done pete! an entertaining game and a good deal

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:25 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Crappy commentary, crappy offers.

Coward.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]