Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

dru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: dru    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Ed = leg end.

They put the show on today in the pub he djs at on a Saturday. Shame I couldn't be there :(

swimalways

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: swimalways    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
I would have gone on at 33K personally unless I only had the 100K above it and no 50K then i'd walk.
But Eds case I would have gone no no doubt but I think Logic told Ed to deal as well He had the 100K yesterday so the odds said he probably would not have it again (although it has happened before).

Nice one ED and you won :-D .

looking at that dictionaty thing aren't you using mally's logic?

Lewis246

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
I would have gone on at 33K personally unless I only had the 100K above it and no 50K then i'd walk.
But Eds case I would have gone no no doubt but I think Logic told Ed to deal as well He had the 100K yesterday so the odds said he probably would not have it again (although it has happened before).

Nice one ED and you won :-D .

But that doesn't affect what Ed has in his box the next day. He had exactly the same chance of having £100,000 as he did as having the £20,000 he had. :?

Anyway, great game Ed. Funny to watch, and you beat the banker. Well done on the £33,000.

bluewater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Author: bluewater    Post subject:

Well done enjoyed spending the money.

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:13 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Well, this is turning out to be a memorable week!! Scorcher of a show today, one of my favourites this month so far, to start off with the lowest ever opening offer (and I think the second lowest offer *ever*, the only lower one I can think of is Igor's 2p!) of 18p, and then take out seven blues in a row and ending up getting a 33 grand OPW...that is how to play the game! It sucks so badly when a really fantastic contestant has a bad game, so it was really, really cool to see Ed totally beat him - well done on that £33,000.62, Ed, won't be the same without you on the show!

I also like Steff already!

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:42 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I really liked Ed. Chirpy bloke, a good laugh and a good sport. Much to my surprise I didn't find him annoying.

His ability to anaylse and play the board mean't he wasn't going to take an insulting offer and the banker knew this. So his offers towards the end were pitched at a very tempting level and he worked out when to get out at just the right time.

I would have gone on based on the fact that there was a good chance of coming out with something decent no matter what happened. And it might have been £100K.

Overall an entertaining show, decent guy, decent win. Nice one Ed.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Fantastic!

Ed was a good stats man and he had a great sense of humour. I really liked him on the wings and during his game. The Ed/Pottsy affair was classic. Really glad he beat the Banker! Welldone Ed, enjoy £33,000.62. :D

Lucky me

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:55 pm    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:D What a great game with a big character., Really enjoyed that, Ed enjoy :D Brenda.

suszie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Author: suszie    Post subject:

I would have dealt there aswell, didn't ed have box 18 yesterday aswell with the 100k, so i thought it would be unlikely it would be in box 18 again, even though it has happened, but great game.

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:21 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

WHAT. A. LEGEND. The game he truly deserved!

He got just about the perfect balance between confidence and cockiness, and the banker was right to give him such good offers - I think the third and fourth offers would have had many players scampering for the door, but he knew that 5-box is more often than not the optimum time for a calculated player to go, and seeing him take all those blues out was fabulous!

I think 18p is actually the thrid lowest offer ever, I think Rachel got offered 12p on Xmas Day"!

And anyone know what wing-wangs are? :D

But I don't know where the banker thought that taking out the 100k at 5-box was a 62% chnace - it doesn't take a genius to work out 3 in 5 is 60%.....

Congrats for a fantastic game Ed!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:23 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Great to see Ed who has given such good advice over the weeks beat the Banker in style! After the way it started I thought it was going to be joke offers all the way, but luckily the Banker saw sense and it was one of the best contests we've seen. So many of the great advice givers in the past have had bad games - Geordie, Robin, Scottish John etc - so it's good to see one of these living up to expectations!

(Oh and you're not quite right Billy, the opening offer takes third place in the lowest ever offers behind Christmas Rachel's 12p second offer along with Igor's!)

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:07 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

THAT WAS AWESOME!! Ed was a complete legend and to make it better..he's from Suffolk. Hurrah!!

A brilliant game, probably the best this month! WELL DONE!!!!!!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:20 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
But I don't know where the banker thought that taking out the 100k at 5-box was a 62% chnace - it doesn't take a genius to work out 3 in 5 is 60%.....

I know, he got 2p too much there... just think, that could have been the difference between a deal and a no deal ;)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:42 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject:

Great game and great guy. Was looking forward to his battle with the Banker especially after what he's said about him and the way he can read the board no doubt worried the Banker. Even losing the £250k hardly damaged the game and then the run of 7 blues, I was so willing for him to get the 8th. But well done Ed on the perfect game and beating the Banker.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:14 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Great game from what I've read. Good final 5 and offer. Can't say what I would have done TBH.

EDIT, I'd have probably won 20K too, I have often said I'd go on with 4 good reds on the board like in Pennie's/Paul S's boards.

Aaargh And I almost guessed the rock today but changed my mind to 3K at the last minute. :(

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:18 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject:

Really entertaining show today, enjoy spending your £33,000.62, Ed! I was about to say Rachel's 12p was the lowest opening offer, but I see Power5's beat me to it!

My first instinct at hearing the offer was to actually carry on, given I had a stable block of reds and £750 as the lowest blue, but now I'm really not sure what I'd have done. If I'd turned the offer down, I wouldn't have been disappointed at £20k as a consolation prize, though.

I liked the pence in the offers giving the percentage of taking out the top amount, but where does he get 62% from for taking out the £100k at round-of-5? You have 3 chances to hit it with 5 boxes left, that's 60% surely, or am I missing something here? :shock:

EDIT: Ah, I see that's already been spotted!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Banker plays contestant at own game. Makes mistake. Contestant wins.

Love it. :) :)

Mr Banker, you're only good at playing bad - you can't play a proper game :)

Would I have gone earlier? Likely but not certain - stable £100k boards are the type to frequently drive me on more than most, but I'm just not convinced the upside potential above and beyond those offers was that great and I suspect I'd have gone at eight-box. That said, his risks were calculated, as was his decision to take no more risks, and an OPW is entirely fitting especially given the miscalculation.

Enjoy the £33,000.60, and especially enjoy the extra 2p :D

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:06 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

greeny wrote:
I would have gone on with that board.

Blimey, has Wakey stolen greeny's password? :shock:

Difficult to add to what's already been said. Great character who knew when and when not to push his luck and got out at the right time. A very fine feel-good game.

Rich D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Woohoo, local lad done good! Well done, Ed.

swimalways

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:16 pm    Author: swimalways    Post subject:

StatsMan wrote:
Really entertaining show today, enjoy spending your £33,000.62, Ed! I was about to say Rachel's 12p was the lowest opening offer, but I see Power5's beat me to it!

My first instinct at hearing the offer was to actually carry on, given I had a stable block of reds and £750 as the lowest blue, but now I'm really not sure what I'd have done. If I'd turned the offer down, I wouldn't have been disappointed at £20k as a consolation prize, though.

I liked the pence in the offers giving the percentage of taking out the top amount, but where does he get 62% from for taking out the £100k at round-of-5? You have 3 chances to hit it with 5 boxes left, that's 60% surely, or am I missing something here? :shock:

EDIT: Ah, I see that's already been spotted!

I do believe rachels first offer was £12 and her second offer was 12p!

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]