Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:35 am Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 7:35 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:05 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
But surely that's part of the game. Most people don't think 'the 250K is on the board so I'll chase it to the end'. I only get narked when people deal with the 250K on the board and 2/3 other P5s on the board, often at 8 box for a 20s offer.

I thought expecting 'get out' offers for taking calcualted risks was part of the game or do you Basicasic expect everyone to plough on regardless?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:06 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Anything on the left hand side of the board left with the £250,000 you can bet your boots the offer won't be big - unless you were a character like Rodney - then again his blue was the largest blue.

Deja vu for me yesterday was seeing Little Rich open the £250,000 box - I could tell he was gonna have it sooner or later.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:07 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I know I keep on about it but people give too much away at the start of the show and this has a profound effect on where the bankers offers are pitched. Babies, fiancees, weddings, holidays etc are all dead give-aways that they will deal. Family in the audience is another major factor. The banker knows they will urge caution so he can offer lower amounts.

The banker got Tracey cheap yesterday because of all of the above factors and you could see at the end she was gutted. But it was self-inflicted really.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:09 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

That is true, actually,I'll give you that. it was well played by the banker. Maybe people should keep more quiet, not go through photos etc.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:17 am    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I think a blue vs £250k (or even a blue vs Power 5 amount) board is a very powerful position for the banker as he can literally pop in any offer he wants... as we can see from PJ's game and the famous swap. :?

That is true although if PJ hadn't swapped at the beginning, that swap offer would never have happened.

Most 250K active play final 2s have actually had pretty reasonable offers with the excepection of Laura, Theresa and possibly David J.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:20 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
But surely that's part of the game. Most people don't think 'the 250K is on the board so I'll chase it to the end'. I only get narked when people deal with the 250K on the board and 2/3 other P5s on the board, often at 8 box for a 20s offer.

I thought expecting 'get out' offers for taking calcualted risks was part of the game or do you Basicasic expect everyone to plough on regardless?

The fact people use the £250K to get a bigger get-out offer doesn't bother me that much unless, like you say, there are other power 5 amounts left. What annoys me more is all the information they give away which allows the banker to pitch low offers that he knows they will take. It annoys me that they allow themselves to be bought too cheap. As soon as bf/gf/mum/dad etc comes down onto the stage its game over.

If the £250k is exposed on the board the banker has got most players by the nuts because he's already sussed they're looking to deal. If he thought for one minute they might chase the £250k the offers would sky-rocket. But he knows no-one will.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:41 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

If I was ever lucky enough to get on the show, I wouldn't want any family members in the audience because I wouldn't want to ask them for advice. I'd want the decision to be mine and mine only, that way you can't have any regrets about asking people if it goes wrong. I'd definitely ask for a sweep, but only to see what others think, and I would make sure I knew whether I wanted to deal or no deal before asking for the sweep. I'd just be curious as to what other people would think I should do!

I don't have any babies or houses or weddings or other halves to cry over, so I'd be in a good position. I am naturally a fairly cautious person, especially where money's involved, and my position on the Dealometer on the forum confirms this. I would therefore not give any hint that I am cautious, but at the same time, wouldn't give the impression I'm a gambler. If I say I'm a gambler and he suspects I'm bluffing, he may punish me with the classic "You're a gambler so I don't need to make good offers because you're going to the end" strategy.

However, assuming I was on the show in the next few years, the banker would know I'm a "student" and would possibly think he can get me out with some *beep* offers because he assumes I'll have lots of debt and desparately need the money. As I have said before, I live at home and am very careful with my money and don't spend much, so am not as "desperate" for it as a lot of students may be. So therefore, in my opening spiel, I wouldn't show nice pics of my goats or whatever, I'd talk about how I live at home, etc. and push the fact that I'm not a typical money-stricken student, in the hope the banker would realise I couldn't be taken out with any old piece of money!

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:45 am    Author: Power5    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
h2005 wrote:
I think a blue vs £250k (or even a blue vs Power 5 amount) board is a very powerful position for the banker as he can literally pop in any offer he wants... as we can see from PJ's game and the famous swap. :?

That is true although if PJ hadn't swapped at the beginning, that swap offer would never have happened.

Most 250K active play final 2s have actually had pretty reasonable offers with the excepection of Laura, Theresa and possibly David J.

I think over the time the show has been going, this is one of the situations where they have really adapted the offers significantly based on experience.

In-play £250k final pairs are rare, I think there's only been 11 or 12, but it soon became clear it wouldn't take near-the-mean offers like Jennifer's £120k to get a player out on £250k/blue! Who knows what would have been enough in her case, but had she played in this era she would have probably had to accept about half that amount, or been tempted to gamble and won £750.

And despite some of the low offers, nobody's actually taken a shot at the quarter million at the end since Laura, so I think the Banker will keep trying to find the player's tipping point when it occurs instead of offering the £70-80k that became the standard for a while.

Lucky me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:53 am    Author: Lucky me    Post subject:

:o Wooooah, what a lot of commentsfor this one. Well done Tracey, no matter what others have said, you did what was right for you. Brenda.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:15 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I'd take no one with me and just play the game by the board my way well I might have my lady there but she would not interfere if anything she would say GO FOR IT savour the moment. :-D What a woman.
I am sure I could sell myself as someone the banker needs to fear and get some good offers out of him.
Now if I was fortunate enough to keep the 250K in the final two and it was vs a blue I know what kind of offer i'd be wanting and if it was below 60 - 65k then I would not even consider it at all and open my box. offer me 70K plus and i'll scoot.
If I had 250K and say a low red 1k to 5k i'd want 90K minimum and if was 5k I want something like Grahames. and I'll go.
10 to 15K - he would have to offer something really serious here to make me deal 110K mark be good.
20K or higher theres no point him offering anyting because i'd just go for it at that point lol.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:16 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Assuming Endemol staff keep tabs on this forum, if I was on the show (playing under my real name), I'd be quiet on the wings, give nothing away at the start of my game.

Then I'd rip off my shirt to reveal underneath a t-shirt with BASICASIC writ large over the chest.

That should do the trick! :D

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:17 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

basicasic wrote:
Assuming Endemol staff keep tabs on this forum, if I was on the show (playing under my real name), I'd be quiet on the wings, give nothing away at the start of my game.

Then I'd rip off my shirt to reveal underneath a t-shirt with BASICASIC writ large over the chest.

That should do the trick! :D

LOL your game like mine would = HUGE RATINGS

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

swimalways

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:05 pm    Author: swimalways    Post subject:

although 22,000 is a lot of money i thought the deal was a little disapointing with the 250,000 still up for grabs

hope she enjoys her win though

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:14 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Well done to Tracy on 22k

Enjoy the money and best of luck for the future :)

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Tracy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:13 pm    Author: Tracy    Post subject:

Hey,
Just wanna say thanks for all the comments. :D (Except a few heart less ones) :evil:
Thought I would just take the time to tell you what I thought of my game.

My show was recorded months ago and to be honest I didnt remember anything other than being sooooo dissapointed after.
Dont get me wrong I no 22k is a lot of money its just the fact that seconds later getting told you could have had double is a massive kick in the teeth.
However seeing my game yesterday actually made me feel alot better, I forgot what a rubbish board I had from the begining. Also all that was in my mind was Robs game as mine started literally 15 mins after his.
All I could think is if I took out the 250k then I would of been made to play to the end. I did not want to risk such a big oppotunity and come away with nothing.(How stupid)
I think the banker was a bit harsh with such low offers.(hence the sad face) yes I have a son and he means the world to me so would it hurt him to off been a little bit nicer rather than putting me down for it, everyones game should be equal! After all im sure I would make much better use of the money rather than someone who has no life and would just waste it on crap! But anyway thats the game.
Overall I am so happy with the money. The reason for being unhappy at the end was not with what I had won but what could off been.
I had a great experience and enjoyed every minute, not only that but I have made some great friends for life.
Its been good for all your support as well. Big thanks to Craig

AND WHEN YOUR ACTUALLY THERE ANY GAME PLAN GOES STRAIGHT OUT THE WINDOW.NO ONE CAN SAY WHAT THEY WOULD OR WOULDNT DO.
Believe me when your first offer comes in it all becomes so real.

Tracy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:21 pm    Author: Tracy    Post subject:

Oh by the way I thought you might like to no my game plan..........

I always said that if I have three boxes higher than my offer then No Deal but other wise Deal
So you could imagine how hard it was for me to turn down 20k.

No idea how the banker found this out as I only mentioned it to a couple of people at the Hotel!
Maybe its true what every says theres spys at the Hotel.Lol

Craig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Tracy, you dont need to explain. Theres just a few people on here who think everybody should go to the end and win a blue!

tracy, you played a fantastic game, and i was just saying, thank god its not a blue win! enjoy £22,000 and dont listen to people on here saying negative coments!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Agreed!

You just get people on here that analyse every game in specific detail, and that unfortunately includes looking at the side of the argument where there might have been more money involved.

But wahey, you won £22,000 - that's gotta be a good thing, right? :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:25 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject:

Well done Tracy!

I know i'd have taken £44,000, not sure about the rest.

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very good point that losing the £250k could have forced you right to the end - which, even with a swap, almost certainly wouldn't have been for the better (you'd either have left £100k at the end to take, at most, a bit more than you really did, or you'd have left £20k at the end to possibly take a few grand, or you'd have had a disaster!).

It seems some people here think emotionless No Deal robots in the chair would make the game 'more exciting'. No, the most exciting games come when there's big decisions, and I think your game delivered in that respect!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]