Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:49 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a lovely couple Tracey & Nick are, and what a shame she didn't follow her instincts and go to the end and swap boxes with Little Rich.

She had a good win and I hope she enjoys it, but what a missed opportunity.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:50 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

22k was very harsh even tho she took it..sometimes i feel bad for players when they took risks to get to 5 box stage with the 250k and get awful offers like 22k! :x

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:51 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:
22k was very harsh even tho she took it..sometimes i feel bad for players when they took risks to get to 5 box stage with the 250k and get awful offers like 22k! :x

Yes it was a bit low the banker had power over her I would have expected around 30K. Graeme was offered 41K with the simalar final 5 so the offers do vary.

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:53 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

I really think that when it's down to 10p or £250K the offer should be about £90K. I know it's alot, but he is trying to stop them going for the biggie at that point!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:55 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

StuartPlymouth wrote:
I really think that when it's down to 10p or £250K the offer should be about £90K. I know it's alot, but he is trying to stop them going for the biggie at that point!

that is true but the banker knows that offers in the 70s are almost certain to be dealt so he makes them lower. I mean Theresa accepted 52K.

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:57 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
that is true but the banker knows that offers in the 70s are almost certain to be dealt so he makes them lower. I mean Theresa accepted 52K.

That's true.......but when Tracey was offered £22K I almost expected the cheeky girl (and was willing her) to ask for £26K and then she would deal!

After all £26K is the "walking fee" from the Crazy Chair normally

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:26 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Like I said the fact she had a picture of her child and had her fiance there was all the amunition the banker needed hence he could confidently make low offers and know she would take one.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

gracie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:29 pm    Author: gracie    Post subject:

I really wish she'd of had the guts to go all the way to the end because that would have just been purely amazing.
I cannot blame her in the slightest though for dealing when she did, I think I would have done the same to be perfectly honest.
She's such a lovely lady though, best of luck to her and hope she enjoys her winnings! :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The problem with a £250k win is that it would not only have been spoiled, but it'd have drifted out to 55 minutes or an hour, and would have clashed with the start of the rugby! :D

Anyway. Enjoy the money Tracy - I don't think you should have too many regrets, any you do should be completely limited to the possibility of £44k rather than £250k, and you sold a freaking 10p box for big money!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:43 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Yeah 22K was a good chunk of money. I'm sure she's put it to good use.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:53 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

you never know one time if someone gets 250K and a blue in final two and they have a family or something that is easy to get a deal out of them the banker might take it to th next level of cheapness and only offer the 26K lol.

And if they dealt that they really would be a wimp lol

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:02 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

well anything under 40K would be a no deal for me i'm not that desparate. I doubt that would ever happen, they're supposed to make it difficult/testing to win the QM.

they would srwilson but chances are they would have turned down more than 26K a 5 box to get to that position. :?

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:05 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

even with 1p as fall back id want at least 65 to 70k to deal anything less and id just say ok great ask me the Q Noel lol and ND lol.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:07 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
even with 1p as fall back id want at least 65 to 70k to deal anything less and id just say ok great ask me the Q Noel lol and ND lol.

well tbh I don't know what I'd do. anything below 40K no deal. 40-50K grey area, 50-60K most likely deal and anything above 60K definte deal. It would depend what I'd turned down to get to that position.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:08 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Well, it's a shame she didn't win £44,000, but £22,000 is still alot of money and I'd rather she dealt too early than too late. Welldone Tracy, enjoy the money! :D

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:08 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
well anything under 40K would be a no deal for me i'm not that desparate. I doubt that would ever happen, they're supposed to make it difficult/testing to win the QM.

they would srwilson but chances are they would have turned down more than 26K a 5 box to get to that position. :?

Laura didn't lol but we all know about that and her offers intention.

But you never know the way the banker behaves these days so who knows.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:15 am    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

its like the producers heard about the dream and stuck the biggy in box 22

im kiddin,, weuird tho... and low low offers , only 20k -22k, poor tracey but still 22k!

basicasic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:08 am    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

The sad truth of the matter is that the vast majority of players are not actually playing for the £250K. They are playing for a good payout and if the £250k is still up on the board then they use it to get a good get-out offer.

The banker can get away with low offers for blue v £250k final two because he know very few, if any will take the risk of losing a still substantial sum of money.

In Tracey's case it was apparent even at 11 box that she was angling for a deal but went on hoping for a better offer. If I could see this then the banker could for sure and thats why subsequent offers were not that high. I wouldn't have been surprised if, in real play at 2 box, he offered even lower than £44K. I think she would have dealt anything in the £30Ks because its still a big lump of money.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

And if most people's aspirations fall in five figures rather than six, how is that a bad thing? Surely those lower aspirations mean players are realistic rather than greedy? Oh wait, you think people taking the first £20k offer is 'greedy', when I would in fact merely call it 'uncalculated' in many instances, symptomatic not of greed or of cowardice but of instinctive targetism.

And for what it's worth, I still don't know for sure what I'd have done in that one.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:33 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I think a blue vs £250k (or even a blue vs Power 5 amount) board is a very powerful position for the banker as he can literally pop in any offer he wants... as we can see from PJ's game and the famous swap. :?

It should be the case that if you no deal at 5-box with the £250k on the board, then as long as you kept the big one in play, you would get a higher offer whatever happened. But I'm not so sure these days. :?

I wouldn't be surprised if one day, we saw a final offer on a blue vs £250k board that was the same as the 5-box offer or even lower (or maybe only slightly higher).

The banker's stingy offers on in-play blue vs £250k boards will force certain people on, undoubtedly, but it is probably a bad thing for creating tension - as people are more likely to deal at 5-box knowing if they end up with a blue vs £250k they may get a crap offer.

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]