Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
SrWilson wrote:
she was never going to be a QM Noel since if even something insulting like 44K would have got her out she clearly was not going to get it!!
So stop digging at her Noel for frig sake lol.

Tricky to say really, shame she didn't go on because having that in active play would have been interesting. If she was having a dilemma about the swap though it might not have been wise to no deal even a derisory offer with 10p in the equation.

maggieq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Author: maggieq    Post subject:

:D well done tracy.dont look so miserable.you won alot of dosh.enjoy spending it!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
she was never going to be a QM Noel since if even something insulting like 44K would have got her out she clearly was not going to get it!!
So stop digging at her Noel for frig sake lol.

Hang on, I had to check twice who posted that, SrHyp... SrWilson, because surely you'd have liked it when Noel had a dig at her and implied that she should have gone on?!!! :?

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

She looks gutted and no wonder. She wasted her big once in a lifetime chance. I'm sure having her family there cramped her style and made her cautious. And she knows it.

But she went further than I thought she would and did take a reasonable risk so its better than it could have been. And £22k is hardly chump change so its still a good payday.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Well well. As soon as the swap was mentioned there was the setup - Noel could claim she could have won £250k regardless of which box it was in!!

If I was taken in by Noel I'd have won £250k today - and I'd have instantly donated a lot of it (£44k? :D) to charities dealing with gambling addiction...

You take this show quite seriously. I don't advocate wakeyism admittedly but gambling isn't the right word really. :?

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:09 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
If I was taken in by Noel I'd have won £250k today - and I'd have instantly donated a lot of it (£44k? :D) to charities dealing with gambling addiction...

It isn't gambling. You are not putting up a penny of your own money. Its the one game that you can win a huge fortune without any risk whatsoever.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:10 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

He was right to tell her she should have gone on but when she was clearly going to take a rubbish 44K in that pairing theres no point carrying on going oh you coulda won it when she clearly would not since she said she would deal 44K.
Had she said yes I would have no dealed the 44K then I think we could have tolerated some Noel Kelsieness.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:13 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

c'mon hand on hearts here who would have took 44k at that pairing? Knowing its CHEAP and your going to look a complete fool if the big one is in the box or one you woulda swapped for.

If it goes wrong I still think you can be proud and realise the shame of it is the show for not giving you a REAL get out offer at that point especially when you seen what other past contestants have got.

Basic agrees with me i'm sure hes my only friend on here lol.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
c'mon hand on hearts here who would have took 44k at that pairing?

Me.

Last edited by h2005 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Did anyone else hear Noel say 'the banker sold a 10p box for £22,000' or was that just me? :D

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
c'mon hand on hearts here who would have took 44k at that pairing? Knowing its CHEAP and your going to look a complete fool if the big one is in the box or one you woulda swapped for.

If it goes wrong I still think you can be proud and realise the shame of it is the show for not giving you a REAL get out offer at that point especially when you seen what other past contestants have got.

Well no d'uh, of course he will agree with you, you dont even know if she was going to be offered the swap (but i think she would have been)

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Craig - when the 250K is in the final two your guranteed automatically the swap since you have to give everyone a equal chance to win the top prize.

H - I knew you would heck you would deal at 10K with that pair the king of caution. :-D

Last edited by SrWilson on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Craig wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Well no d'uh, of course he will agree with you, you dont even know if she was going to be offered the swap (but i think she would have been)

If a contestant has the £250k in the final two in active play, then they are gauranteed a swap.

Last edited by h2005 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

The swap complicated things though. :? I can sort of see the argument for taking 44K. It was admittedly rubbish though.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basicasic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

SrWilson wrote:

Sure do matey. Its sad and lonely here in the Wakey corner hic ..... but we got each other for comfort hic :beer:

I'm off out to drown my sorrows lol

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

Yeah that was a stupid thing say, but anyways, what ever happened to saying well done Tracy on £22,000.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:17 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:

I might have. It's still a lot of money and I wouldn't really give a toss if a few million people who I've never met think I'm a fool.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

You would have been laughing though if she'd gone with her insutincts swpped and box 22 turned out to have 10p. :?

The swap complicated things so I can sort of see the argument for taking 44K. It was admittedly rubbish though.

I would not have laughed since 22 is my fave box and if you REALLY BELIVE in something It can happen.

Craig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

You would have been laughing though if she'd gone with her insutincts swpped and box 22 turned out to have 10p. :?

The swap complicated things so I can sort of see the argument for taking 44K. It was admittedly rubbish though.

I would not have laughed since 22 is my fave box and if you REALLY BELIVE in something It can happen.

well im really believing im going to meet Jennifer anniston but its not going to happen :-D

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:19 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

johnr wrote:
Did anyone else hear Noel say 'the banker sold a 10p box for £22,000' or was that just me? :D

Yes... he said "You beat the banker, you forced him to sell you a 10p box for £22,000"... maybe she did and that was punishment for dealing too soon! :P

Last edited by h2005 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]