Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:49 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
Another AMAZING nail-biter of a finish.

Well done James.

Enjoy spending your well deserved win!!!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

im liking it now we dnt have silly offers, bring it on!

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:24 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

I think the banker is going to have to rethink his 5 box offer strategy (especially if the run of good luck holds)

Yesterday Maria hit the 1 in 10 chance of the all blue round and today James hit the 1 in 4 chance of not picking the £15K given that it wasn't in his box initially.

James1978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Wow again!!

At the second break I thought anything in the thousands would be a fantastic result, but to leave the one remaining 5-figure sum on thw ings and then swap for it is nothing short of amazing! I actually found that more exciting due to the offers being quite fair for a poor board, as I thought someone who really needed the money (as I thought James could have possibly done) could have bailed out - it was just as excting as if he'd been playing for the 100k like yesterday! And Jean finally has the right box at the right time too!

And someone finally removes the curse of players who come on after a 75k+ win, I think Peg was the only other one to get a 5-figure OPW!

And on the first anniversary of a horrible swap too - whoever plays on oct 8 must do something like swap 1k for 100k.... or swap 1p for a significant red to even out the other famous awful swap, that of Connell.....

And only the second of my namesakes to get an OPW as well - in a rather different method to the first! :D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

croftrock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:
I think the banker is going to have to rethink his 5 box offer strategy (especially if the run of good luck holds)

Yesterday Maria hit the 1 in 10 chance of the all blue round and today James hit the 1 in 4 chance of not picking the £15K given that it wasn't in his box initially.

He won't because it produces the best shows!

Another cracker today.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:33 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

Two fantastic games in a row! I thought James was going to win a blue at eight-box, but he turned it around well.

Muinimula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:45 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

Funnily enough, I think this is evidence to support what I was saying yesterday. Here's James, who played the game, hit some big numbers, no-dealed offers all the way to the end, and swapped the box to win a meaningful sum of money. All of which happened yesterday.

...which brings me back to my point from yesterday. How did Maria "earn every penny of her £100k"? James played the game in exactly the same way to day, and got a great £15k OPW, but Maria didn't do anything extra to "earn" her prize. That was just luck.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:41 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

Muinimula wrote:
...which brings me back to my point from yesterday. How did Maria "earn every penny of her £100k"? James played the game in exactly the same way to day, and got a great £15k OPW, but Maria didn't do anything extra to "earn" her prize. That was just luck.

James played the game the same way as Maria, I agree, and yes, I do think that he did earn his £15,000. Both players totally deserved their OPWs, and gave us exciting games to watch. I wasn't entirely sure who James was when his name was called (I thought he was called Rob, and Rob was James), and I didn't think we'd get another great game like yesterday's. Great games like these are like buses, you wait ages for one, and 2 come along at once. I wonder what tomorrow has in store!

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

It amazing to think really that after 550 odd games, a great game like that can still make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Well played James. Reminded me a bit of Hannah's £10000 win and proof that it's not just the huge wins that make for gripping TV.

Rich D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:22 am    Author: Rich D    Post subject:

Very interesting game. Ioanna's comment about the fortune teller - could be seen as Ioanna asking James to have faith in the occult... or (if she's a practising Christian, as her crucifix suggests) asking him NOT to!

Noel's comment about not being able to stand the tension... er, Noel, isn't tension a huge part of the show?

Also, Noel's comment about the different scale of swap from Tuesday's:

In Maria's game, maximum amount that could be won was £100K, minimum was three-twentieths of that amount.

In James's game, maximum amount to win was £15K, minimum was one three-thousandth of that amount.

So, strangely enough, I found Wednesday's game more exciting!

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

The question left to be answered now is can the next player make it 3 in a row?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:27 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I think yesterdays game was mroe exciting in away although the break was a bit early yesterday as well I still felt less sure of what was going to happen. It was total conviction in box 8 which could easily have gone wrong like Jim's game but it didn't. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:06 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I really liked James (the resident david3383 lookalike :lol:) and by the time there were about 3 boxes left and he started talking about the other box... I had a feeling he might no deal and swap for it... and luckily he did! Well done James and enjoy the money - another great show and possibly one of the best shows to follow a big-money game! :D

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:52 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

A really good game this was! James was a great guy and deserved the money.

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]