Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:21 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 11:21 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

croftrock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
SrWilson wrote:
croftrock wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
Yer the 40K was a easy no deal to me and I'm glad she realised it was a lowish offer and pasted the banker for it.

I'd have dealt the 40K in a second, so there you go.

Your mr cautious i'd guess then ;)

anyway today Maria spanked the banker oh what am I saying she gave him a 100k *beep* slap !! :-D

I'd gamble lower sum and take big risks. But when the sums get that large I start ignoring the board and just thinking about the money.

I'm not cautious, I just won't gamble an amount that would change my circumstances.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:38 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

GOD THAT WAS ORGASMIC!

I wasn't expecting that at all! Best game of the month by far!

Anyone out there called Maria should apply to go on, it seems they have all the luck!

Welldone Maria, enjoy £100,000!!! :D

If Deal or No Deal was a person, I'd marry them.

croftrock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:47 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

"The Banker" wrote:

If Deal or No Deal was a person, I'd marry them.

I wouldn't marry them. But I might marry Newsnight and shag Deal on the side.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

croftrock wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
croftrock wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
Yer the 40K was a easy no deal to me and I'm glad she realised it was a lowish offer and pasted the banker for it.

anyway today Maria spanked the banker oh what am I saying she gave him a 100k *beep* slap !! :-D

I'd gamble lower sum and take big risks. But when the sums get that large I start ignoring the board and just thinking about the money.

I'm not cautious, I just won't gamble an amount that would change my circumstances.

Fair enough :-) Everyones personal circumstances are different , I just didn't want you to think I was having a dig at you I wasn't, I just thought you might have been one of the more cautious type players.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

croftrock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:53 pm    Author: croftrock    Post subject:

SrWilson wrote:
croftrock wrote:
SrWilson wrote:
croftrock wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

Fair enough :-) Everyones personal circumstances are different , I just didn't want you to think I was having a dig at you I wasn't I was just thought you might have been one of the more cautious type players.

Well, you're probably right. I probably am that type of player. It's just the caution doesn't kick in until we're in the mid twenty thousands! ;)

The point is, of course, that they make the offers specifically for the person in the chair. I get a bit upset when people claim offers are "definite" no deals. The thing is YOU probably would get a different offer. The offers are tailor made so I don't thing they can be "poor" or "generous" - I think they can only ever be "wouldn't get me out of the chair" or "would get me out of the chair".

That's what makes it interesting though!!!

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
Oh, basicasic? I'd have turned down £40k if I'd made it there, and I most likely would have made it there.

By definition, as an analyst, I'm not going to be 'grasping any deal'. Key word is any. I'm open to being taken out of the game, but derisory offers won't do that. Today's offers weren't quite derisory, but only one would even have had me contemplating a deal.

And yeah, this was more exciting than a Deal would've been. That's largely (though not entirely) precisely because of its rarity... if everyone 'played the game' ignoring the first half of the title, games like this would be frequent occurances and nobody would remember them.

Hehe We'll make a gambler of you yet KP! :shock: :lol:

johnr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: johnr    Post subject:

Did anyone notice Noel was wearing a blue sock and a red sock :D :D :D

(Freeze frame when he sits down)

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

You won't make a gambler out of me - but low Banker offers will!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well I never saw that coming! I wasn't expecting that much to be honest, as I hadn't noticed Maria much in the wings and when the £250k went I was fully expecting another trainwreck or a cut-your-losses deal. But she found the courage to no-deal the five-box offer, and the perfect round brought a finish we haven't seen in a very long time!

At that stage it was either another Gaz or another Swappy Barbara, and I really feared the latter when she decided to swap, but instead she outdid Jon G for best swap ever, and joined the very exclusive six figure winners club! Well done Maria, an incredible result and that really is one for the Hall of Fame.

(By the way has anyone since Barbara even had a shot at the £100k at the end? I can't think of one since.)

James1978

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:17 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

WOW!!!

How the hell was THAT not spoiled??? That gives me hope that the next quarter-millionaire won't be spoiled either!

And to do it on a SWAP!!! At least if it had been the wrong way it would have been better than Barbara's! It really was Gaz all over again to be honest, but it just goes to show the true value of safety nets - that was only the third time that 100k had been gambled for I think, and two of them had decent mid-red back-ups, and the other a very derisory offer with 1k! It's so much harder to gamble with a low blue in the other box.

And for what it's worth, I'd have played to the end as well, but I'd more likely have dealt £9,550 than the £40,550. Same as the 5-box offer in Gaz's game was more likely to take me out than the 2-box one! Only thing is, even with it being Box 6, as I would have knew it contained at least a middle red, I wouldn't have swapped either, but still been quite happy that only one offer had been higher than the winnings! I tend to have a similar approach to KP except with regards the swap, which i hate with a passion! :D

But I still think Jon's swap was MARGINALLT better in that the lower sum would have been rather disappointing, where 15k is still very worthy!

I reckon any fans of the show called maria will be rushing in the apply now with the two of them winning 175k between them!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:20 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
I reckon any fans of the show called maria will be rushing in the apply now with the two of them winning 175k between them!

And anyone called Irene or Raj will avoid it at all costs... :-D

ciderduck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:23 pm    Author: ciderduck    Post subject:

wow!!! fantastic. a game like that leaves a nice fuzzy glow after. just watched it on video after work, a much more preferable alternative to the neverending one show...that game ranks up there with THeresa's from a few wks ago. was in tears after that one too

GAC1984

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:29 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Maria!

Fantastic game wow! I enjoyed it. One of the best.

Enjoy £100,000 Very Well Done! :D

StuartPlymouth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:34 pm    Author: StuartPlymouth    Post subject:

Fantastic game today - congrats to Maria. :-D

I was on the edge of my seat at the end :shock:

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:56 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Wow...i was lost for words after watching that...

That game was magnificent, i admit i wasnt too fond of Maria to being with but after that she is one brave lady.

That was just an awesome ending...WELL DONE!!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:17 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

What a game that was! I read something about a turnaround on here before I'd watched the show, but I wasn't expecting that at all, although the early break did suggest that it'd be a good finish.

Simon F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:34 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

Wow

What a game. A player who took risks which were not completely foolish. A banker defeat today due to the 5 box offer. If you took yesterday's offer of £9K on a £50K/£20K board, the £9.5K offer on a £100K/£15K board was too low.

I was expecting an offer of £12.5K/£13.5K which may have got Maria out the chair.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:42 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Yesterday's was a £10k/£50k board Simon.

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:11 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for the 2nd 100k winner for so long! When I went to read the thread and saw 6 pages, I knew it was a great game. :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Tom22 wrote:
basicasic wrote:
See! All you boring dealers and analyists out there. This is what taking a gamble can do for the show. Make an ordinary game into a sensational one.

I think everyone would agree with you there! But if it happened every day no one would care less...

Yes basicasic does have a point that the show needs gamblers now and then but likewise people need to deal at the right time to give a good show as well.

Analysis can also aid no dealing and prevent over cautious deals e.g. Enid/stephen at 8 box etc.

[ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]