Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:05 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 9:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Zahida says she is worried about all the "I told you so" when she gets back home if she says NO DEAL... Noel tells her that no-one knows what it is like sat in the chair until you have done it....

Zahida says

DEAL

alex1333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:56 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

nooooo i was hoping there for a 100k win it would havbe been sooooooo good

she had it as well :shock:

kestral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:56 pm    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Zahida asks Noel to make it £5,000 in her box :-D

Noel opens box 13 and reveals £100,000

Box 18 contains the £5,000

Lewis246

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:57 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Ah well, she took some brave gambles and now she's the biggest winner from E6!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:58 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

BOTHER!!! :lol:

Yet ANOTHER OBW, though this one is not to be regretted at all!

Great win, well done Zahida!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:59 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

alex1333 wrote:

i was too but a deal there wasn't too unreasonable, I'd have done the same. I dread to think what basicasic will say later....

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
alex1333 wrote:

i was too but a deal there wasn't too unreasonable, I'd have done the same. I dread to think what basicasic will say later....

Alex, would you like me to go get you a pair of headphones? :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:00 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

aaargh that game is so what if

she only choose 20 with 250k in becuase her box 13 was next on the list so she went to the bottom of her list of numbers...aargh!!

she would of had 100k and 250k!!!! in open play!!(if she had gone that way)!!! :evil:

still well done on 34k! brave gambles

Muinimula

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: Muinimula    Post subject:

So she had her list of numbers, and when she got to 13, which she had on the table, she opened the number at the bottom of the list instead? This, rather than just skipping 13 and carrying on down the list.

I guess they wanted to feel positive at the end of the game after the bad luck we've had recently, which is why Noel didn't feel it necessary to point that out once we got to the end. If Zahida had just skipped 13 and gone down her list, we would have had a £100k vs £250k finish...!

alex1333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:01 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
alex1333 wrote:

the banker shud have stuck. see if he was in his mean mood today it would have been an amazing game with loads of tension! sucked out today but at least the offers were reasonable

the last one was too high i think most people would deal that i would have carried on with 5 grand guaranteed not exactly peanuts is it?

Rockjack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

and i think zahida would of gone all the way with 100k n 250k too!..aargh

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

The alternative Final Five offer might would have made her deal though, but yeah you never know...

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

alex1333 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
alex1333 wrote:

the banker shud have stuck. see if he was in his mean mood today it would have been an amazing game with loads of tension! sucked out today but at least the offers were reasonable

the last one was too high i think most people would deal that i would have carried on with 5 grand guaranteed not exactly peanuts is it?

Yeah there's an argument for no dealing. I'd probably deal but no deal if it was anything just under 30K. It was an excellently pitched offer.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Not at all sure when I'd have gone today - £25k at a guess - I fear that's the month's supply of sensible offers used up though :( I think I'd be more likely to take the £25k than the £34k but that's a quirk of my utility curve, and Zahida doing the opposite is certainly not to be criticised.

Entirely reasonable course of action deployed by Zahida and I think the only regret she can reasonably have is not the £100,000 in her box, but what she did with Box 20. If she'd skipped 13, it would indeed have been those two at the end - on the other hand, we'd have got the worst of Noel as I reckon she'd have been taken out by a massive offer at or before five-box so I suppose it was for the best!!

At last a good game, with the luck and the Banker's dignity returning, and some more games like that will bring back viewers.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:12 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Finally finally FINALLY a good game! I missed the start today, normally I'd be there at 4:15 without fail but I'd become so disallusioned with the show lately I couldn't be bothered turning it on...really really glad I did, though, she had so much bravery turning down £20k+ offers given all the disasters of late, and it's fantastic to see a big £34,000 win for a great contestant! Really well done, Zahida, and now PLEASE let's hope that's an indication that the rest of the week's just as good!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:18 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Big-Davey wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
alex1333 wrote:

Alex, would you like me to go get you a pair of headphones? :lol:

Well I know exactly what he'll say check Dave from June's show thread.
Probably because she built herself up to be a gambler.
I just worry it'll lead to the same old tedious argument between other forum members and him.
BTW I mean the way he puts his point across. he's entitled to his opinion.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
I dread to think what basicasic will say later....

Well dread no longer .........

I didn't think for one minute that Zafira was a gambler. Nor did the banker I suspect and the game progressed nicely as the boxes opened up quite favorably. Many people get mesmerised by offers over £20k irrespective of the strength of the board. How many times have we seen golden opportunities squandered with £20kish offers as greedy contestants grab the cash and run.

I give Zahida full credit for recognising the potential left on her board on both occassions and turning down 2 £20k+ offers. That's guts a lot of people wouldn't have had. I really wish she had just a little more and carried on to clean out the banker to the tune of £100k. But I don't begrudge her her deal as she took 2 reasonable gambles and then dealt. Fair enough.

So a well played game and an enjoyable feel-good one too at last.

basicasic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:41 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

alexandercbrown wrote:
Well I know exactly what he'll say check Dave from June's show thread.

Dave was a bullsh*tter of the first magnitude who whipped everybody up into a frenzy of thinking he was a huge gambler and going to the end ..... only to wimp out with a spineless deal and squander a huge payout. He deserved a roasting.

Zadiha's game was totally different and whilst I wish she had gone on to the end she didn't build her self up to be a huge gambler and did take a couple of decent risks.

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:06 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

At last, a good game! Zahida seemed quite nervous, so I wasn't expecting her to be much of a gambler.

If we get a few more games like this one, I'll start to really enjoy the show again.

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

basicasic wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
I dread to think what basicasic will say later....

Well dread no longer .........

I didn't think for one minute that Zafira was a gambler. Nor did the banker I suspect and the game progressed nicely as the boxes opened up quite favorably. Many people get mesmerised by offers over £20k irrespective of the strength of the board. How many times have we seen golden opportunities squandered with £20kish offers as greedy contestants grab the cash and run.

I give Zahida full credit for recognising the potential left on her board on both occassions and turning down 2 £20k+ offers. That's guts a lot of people wouldn't have had. I really wish she had just a little more and carried on to clean out the banker to the tune of £100k. But I don't begrudge her her deal as she took 2 reasonable gambles and then dealt. Fair enough.

So a well played game and an enjoyable feel-good one too at last.

that's fine. I agree with everyting you've said. I'm a moderate and would try and play the board and would have no problems turning down 20K+ if the board was really strong/stable like today but would deal in all or peanuts situaions at the end because 34K for example is decent and I wouldn't want to risk it.
I was really pleased she turned down the 1st 5 offers, she had a good punt and tried to make the most of her board. obviously an 100K would have been excellent but she did well because it was a tricky gamble at the end that most people including myself wouldn't have taken.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]