Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:39 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Rockjack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:58 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
i think what we need is offers even with bad boards to test them..the last few weeks with the final men and early women have all been jokey nob rainers so had to go all the way, some could of had at bit of low consolation money but had stupid offers so blue wins

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:45 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

You know, I actually cheered when she had the £500, like it was a significant red! That's how unlucky the show's been recently. I was convinced that 6 had the 1p like it very often does, so if I'd been playing I'd have swapped and been the 12th member!!

I wanted her to win thousands more, but I guess after a game like that I wouldn't be upset with at least something spendable, rather than pocket change like many have won recently.

I'd like to think that the £4 offer was made to prevent another blue deal, there has been a fair few of them recently, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, however, he might as well have just offered a swap. I don't think it was appropriate for the situation though as to me there's quite a big difference between 1p and £500. Bald Steve's £12 offer on £10/£50 still beats it for stupidity though, as does Lee's "Fish & Chips for 2"! :)

And I actually think all the other offers were actually fair for the board, they just seemed cruel due to not being round sums. On a 10k-high board at 8-box or 5-box, it's almost impossible to offer anything attractive without offering above the mean (even Wendy turned down an above-mean offer on a 10k-high last 8!). What it did do, is that a cautious player desperate to leave with something could have bailed for a couple of grand at 5-box, 90-odd % of peole wouldn't, but if Dot had been playing rather than Caroline, there was the possibility of a deal there. So I actually have no qualms about it at all except for the £4, and even that didn't matter becuase she won the higher amount! :)

Caroline was offered £953.95 at 8-box when Kulwant was offered £300 on the same board for instance, and the likes of Ken and Cocky Bill got £888 and £800 too, so you can't claim the offers were terrible.

Well done Caroline!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:55 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

I agree with what you've said. the banker could have only offered £500-£1000 more at 5 box and that still would have been no dealt. This game wasn't too painful because only the 5th offer was worth considering and she didn't win a small blue.

I was only actually annoyed about the banker's behaviour in Pete's, Kulwant and irene's games.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:26 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject:

Ok, this really should stop...

Well done Caroline, a great player who really seemed like she would have gone and won the £250,000 had the boxes gone right for her.

At least it was an ok win (well £500 is compared to some this week).

Power5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

I just can't believe it keeps going on this way, another disastrous game, another game without a testing offer and another blue win.

At least £500 is useful money, I was sure she had the 1p as the only thing missing from this recent run of trainwrecks has been a new member of the 1p club! Having said that we will probably see 3 of them next week...

Duffer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:09 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

It's been a bit like watching the team you support get thrashed game after game recently. Morale is low, the crowds might go down a bit as some fairweather fans drift away and the players' confidence looks drained, but the hardcore remain hoping that results may improve and, like everything of a cyclical nature, it's bound to sometime soon.

To counterbalance the stunning games we had before and after the summer break, there will, inevitably, be periods like this. For every Daniel, Maria and Lynn there will be a Siobhan, Robin or Caroline. Admittedly, it isn't much fun to watch at the moment, but the bad games only serve to highlight just how great the good games are when they do happen.

There endeth my waffle for this evening.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Very good analogy. And I think a lot of us are blaming the (bank) manager...!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:27 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I couldn't believe this game was happening! After all the bad luck, we had yet another game with bad luck... when the £250k went just after the first break, I started to wonder if we'd ever see high wins again... they felt so far away! :shock:

Still, at least Caroline managed to get £500 out of it, but it's odd that the banker didn't even bother to make a dealable offer at the final offer... £4 is ridiculous... anyway, well done Caroline and enjoy your win!

Last edited by h2005 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

CrazyChair

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:27 pm    Author: CrazyChair    Post subject:

James1978 wrote:
You know, I actually cheered when she had the £500, like it was a significant red!

So did I. I also shouted a very naughty word at the TV when the £10,000 box was opened. Thankfully nobody else was in the house at the time! I really liked Caroline. I thought she seemed really nice, so I was sorry she didn't win a lot more. Ironically, she had the £50,000 the day before she played, and Ed who replaced her has had big numbers so far.

[ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]