Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:09 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

gracie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:37 pm    Author: gracie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
alex1333 wrote:
gracie wrote:
travis P wrote:
h2005 wrote:
And that is what it will definitely do... but how do we value 3 nights for two in New York? :?

I value the prize between £4K-£5k.

Yeah, and that's a minimum!

i would say maximum. i went on holiday with my girlfriend to australia last year and it costed less than 5 grand by business class..

It depends what hotel they choose for her!

wheeler-dealer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:40 pm    Author: wheeler-dealer    Post subject:

well you can get a flight for £350 each return, so the hotel wont be costing a grand a night!

gracie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:42 pm    Author: gracie    Post subject:

wheeler-dealer wrote:
well you can get a flight for £350 each return, so the hotel wont be costing a grand a night!

Haha, the Banker might feel generous :P

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It'll depend on the hotel and the flight costs.

I reckon its value is two grand at most if done half-sensibly. That'd make that one of the most cautious Deals ever taken in percentage-of-the-mean terms!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:45 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I did a bit of searching and the lowest basic price is around £900 and if they throw everything in it gould get up to £3,500, and on average around £2k seems to be the right price.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I wonder if Brenda dealing this offer will encourage the banker to make similar offers more often in the future?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:48 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
I wonder if Brenda dealing this offer will encourage the banker to make similar offers more often in the future?

Either that or he's been snooping on this site and reading redrum's series... ;)

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:

I don't know. Probably not. This is an occasional twist like Paul B's game.

Interesting that it was dealt but I don't really think it should happen all the time as it would ruin the stats and mess up the show!

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:53 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

alexandercbrown wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Interesting that it was dealt but I don't really think it should happen all the time as it would ruin the stats and mess up the show!

I agree - I've never liked gimmicks on the show... as readers of this forum will know when DOND was full of twists earlier in the year, such as limbo dancing and offering blank cheques intended for past contestants... :?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
alexandercbrown wrote:
h2005 wrote:

I agree - I've never liked gimmicks on the show... as readers of this forum will know when DOND was full of twists earlier in the year, such as limbo dancing and offering blank cheques intended for past contestants... :?

totally I don't mean to be cynical but richard's and pj games were silly. It ruins the point of the show which is risk and reward with money.

I didn't like it in Paul Bs game either. I'm probably dull but I prefer conventional games with good testing well pitched offers.

Last edited by alexandercbrown on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:55 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

hasnt brenda had the 1p like loads of times?

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:

Yeah like her 5th time!

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Rockjack wrote:

Today was her 5th time.

Rockjack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Rockjack    Post subject:

i guess they may play a 13th woman to equal out the 12 boys as brenda must come as £0 on the stats thing for battle of the sexes?

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Rockjack wrote:
i guess they may play a 13th woman to equal out the 12 boys as brenda must come as £0 on the stats thing for battle of the sexes?

Surely they'll count it as something other than £0? :shock: :?

Anon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: Anon    Post subject:

Maybe the actual value of the trip

alex1333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:26 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

i'll say what i said on the 'what you would do' thread

assuming i had the same targets as brenda i would by no means whatsoever reveal them. that offer at 5 box was horrendously gimmicky to the viewer and cruel to the player. the set value of the trip is rubbish for that board but it's essentially what Brenda came on the show for so she was obviously going to deal.

i dont blame her at all for dealing but it's obvious that its better to keep your targets quiet because imo that offer was cruel

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:51 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

KP wrote:
It'll depend on the hotel and the flight costs.

I reckon its value is two grand at most if done half-sensibly. That'd make that one of the most cautious Deals ever taken in percentage-of-the-mean terms!

Ah yes KP, but to quote Oscar Wilde, 'a cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing' ;)

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:58 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Hehe, that was great! Hilariously entertaining player, but I was really worried because I thought we'd have another bad game, and that would have been really painful if she'd have become 1p member number 12, especially after yesterday's show! Instead she's entered the hall of fame as the first person to take a prize offer (I think only the second player to get one...Paul B had money with his prize, Lee's fish and chips for two was the first proper one), and I really hope that she had a fantastic three nights in the big apple, or is about to! Well done, Brenda, let's hope the luck restarts again now!

I almost missed the entire episode...I had a nap this afternoon and assumed I'd be up hours before DOND started, so imagine my horror when I look at the clock and it's coming up to 5pm! Good job for Channel 4+1 otherwise I'd have never seen or taped the whole thing!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

I really enjoyed today's game, Brenda was a legend. The offer that she took was a nice novelty, although I hope it isn't done too often.

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]