Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:11 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:11 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

suszie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:10 am    Author: suszie    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
What a great way to start the season, i was really thinking that he was going to deal at the £10,050 and if any of his family were in the audience he would have dealt.

I think if he got a final offer of £15,000 he would have taken it, but well done on taking the risk.

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:36 am    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject:

Does anybody have pictures or videos of the game, including the new intro? I realllllyyyy want to see it, especially the new set!! :-D

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

I wouldnt worry mate someone will youtube it in no time.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:44 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Zeddie wrote:
*more squealing*

New "OFFER" graphics!!!!

to be honest i hate all the new changes. WHY, just why, that new music? where in the show does it fit in, and how is it meant to make us, the viewers, feel. sad since someone's left with 1p and 50p? rejoicing because someone just took out the 10p? i dont really think it would do either, and if its meant to replace the other deep thought music they had.....jeez...

and the offers. poor guys watching for the 1st time - how would they know what the B stood for? bad graphics aswell.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:47 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Also, what with the new set, everything just seems.....overpowered by the set in a way. The rocks dont go well at all, and the neon....well that poses one question. WHY??? The set and intro were as good as they could ever get, and then they had to ruin it all in what i am now convinced is the last season of DoND.

Never mind. I'll get used to it, and to be honest i think the new offer thing is quite good, its just the white offer text on the red and white offer banner that i dont like. Maybe they should have stuck to the red, with the other new offer changes, that would have worked.

And the new phone in.....well it could work, but at the moment i'm not completely convinced it will

Oh, and then there's noel and the contestants. It seems like they've been given, forced, lines to say during the game, instead of saying what they like. Basically, DoND just.....it just doesnt feel like DoND anymore. Or look for that matter - it looks a million times worse

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:47 am    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

I liked the new set however I was quite dissapointed with regards to the boxes. Was expecting something different since they have been used since June last year. Looks like the current ones are brand new though.

The game however was excellent and it was good to see the new season kicked off with a game like that.

Suezan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:59 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

That's a great new camera angle, finally you get to see the box value and the player properly in the same shot!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:48 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Well that's set the standard for the rest of the season.

A great game though things were made pretty easy with the combination of a good board and miserly banker's offers. But the gamble at the end was brave, especially with the pressure from the others to deal, and I luvved the way it paid off handsomely.

I like the new set, its a bit more bright and cheerful, but I dont like the new incidental music which just doesn't appropriate. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

I thought the alterations to the set were pretty tame really. Given the comments on here, I was half expecting a Carol Smillie-esque botched job on Changing Rooms or something but it turned out to be all seductive lighting and neon signs. A bit like an all-night American diner from the 1930's really.

Anyhow, well done to Rossano on his win, keeping up the run of fab games from the last series. Long may it continue!

james_bwfc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Author: james_bwfc    Post subject:
Account Suspended

As much as the boxes are identical to before, it looks like a new set of them. The way some of these contestants open the boxes that won't last for long!

Billy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:51 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Just thought I'd post so you know I'm still alive! In Devon right now, although neither this or Suez's chatroom work on this computer annoyingly. Missing you all, though having the time of my life here, such an amazing place!

What an opener. I love the new clip-filled titles (I spotted Bunney, Laura, Teary Donna, Noel's Scouse Party Claire, the lucky hat...). The set is all neon and shiny and colourful and great. The contestants are absolutely amazing. The new graphics are incredibly neato. The new music rocks (in the good way rather than the electric guitar way, although a rock version of the theme tune would be pretty danged cool). The new LTL will be better once it stops being so clearly re-edited. And wow, what a scorcher of a game for Rossano, me and my Grandma (who's as crazy about DOND as me) were jumping out of our seats when that £35k was revealed!

It's all so new. It's all so fresh. For the first time in many months I feel like it's actually live, I *believe* they're all there right now. Rossano's game has been an incredible start to the third season, and long may it continue like that. If you include Carol and Asim's games last month, it's the first time three players in a row have beaten the Banker since way back in January 2006!

So a real well done to Rossano for getting that £35,000, and a welcome to the forum, along with Robert, Brenda, and everyone else who's joined recently! I've got a feeling this is gonna be a pretty awesome season, and I can't wait for them to start filming again cus I wanna see that new set in the flesh!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 am    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Pictures removed

Last edited by "The Banker" on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:32 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Great pics, Banker!

Suddenly we're having a hidden array of talent with snaps - Cookie has been posting great pics as well!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Can I add some :P They are some good pics there!!

:D

dt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:45 am    Author: dt    Post subject:

great pics guys! :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:02 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I hate the neon light lol

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

It was good to see the show hasn’t changed much when it came back from its summer break – the neon sign wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and the set changes aren’t too drastic. The same applies to Noel’s new intro, the new titles and the new music in places – changes but good changes, I think!

As for Rossano, I liked him, so was waiting for his game – and it didn’t disappoint! He was calm and collected, had an interesting system and it paid off for him.

The editing of the viewer’s competition is a bit dodgy though, as it’s been removed from the end and stuck after the first break, meaning that if the audience appear glum, chances are that the player doesn’t do well! :?

Well done Rossano for producing a good game that was a bit of a rollercoaster – I thought you’d win a blue at one point, so well done for turning it round, and being only the third person to win £35k by going all the way!

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]