Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:49 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject: 29/07/07 Donna (Originally 12/12/06)

Warnings: 0
:o Gosh, I remember this game too well.

:)

Here's the original topic: http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6174

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:51 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Aww no! When I saw the Christmas trees I thought "Yay Claudine!", then 'This episode was first shown on December 12th 2006' appeared, and I was like "Nuts".

Meh, I'll watch it anyway, cus this is one of my favourite eras ever for contestants. It's really really weird watching this in July, though, especially because it's baking in London right now!

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Why oh why are they showing this spoilt brat again?

When I saw the Christmas Trees and the way Noel was speaking, I knew it would be December 2006 not 2005 but I assumed they'd show Claudine's game. Then he said 'On this Tuesday' and I realised that it would be Donna and screamed!

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:53 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

The most debated game....EVER

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:59 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Billy wrote:
Aww no! When I saw the Christmas trees I thought "Yay Claudine!", then 'This episode was first shown on December 12th 2006' appeared, and I was like "Nuts".

Meh, I'll watch it anyway, cus this is one of my favourite eras ever for contestants. It's really really weird watching this in July, though, especially because it's baking in London right now!

I thought Claudine also, haha.

And it's really not baking. It's 22°C. Last year around this time it was hitting thirties.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

this is a prime example of someone getting exactly what they deserved and ther boyfriends face when noel opens her box is hillarious.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Heck, she was annoying even before she got to the end game! JUST PICK A BOX WOMAN!!!!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

She really should have had a system to avoid being like this - if she had actually left Simon to the end, it would have been a very small fraction as painful!

Why they're showing this and not Claudine's is really odd too!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

They've even stopped saying who originally did the LTL speech in the subtitles :(

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

Ooh, look who's in the audience!
That's right, Conor! The lady next to him looks familiar too.

Oh, and I have pointless trivia...the original transmission of this episode had a news report just after part 2 ended about bodies being found in Leamington. Think it's the only episode of DOND to be interrupted in that way.

I remember that this came second in the first ever Channel 4.com poll (the other options were Brenda (who won), Saj and Claudine), and I think Gabrielle and Okiem also came second in theirs, so that must be how they're doing it - which means Pat M's game should surely follow soon.

GK did the LTL, looking at the old Bother's Bar commentary.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:12 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

What a pleasure to see Joey again :)

But not to hear that dam chant again :(

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:16 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Prepare yourselves, folks....Here comes the crash and burn

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

I felt bad for Donna. Mainly because she listened to that vile boyfriend of hers. Look at him, he just looks so bloody smug. Almost like he's blaming her completely, when it's entirely his fault.

Guh.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

It isn't his fault though and that's the point. Loads of partners advise deals and are ignored. She could've said No deal if she'd wanted too.

However, I agree, he looked like a smug, arrogant *beep*!

Also, Noel it was 117 shows not 171! Silly man!

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:27 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

redrum666 wrote:
It isn't his fault though and that's the point. Loads of partners advise deals and are ignored. She could've said No deal if she'd wanted too.

TBH, he pressured her into it (IMO). I feel that if he hadn't been there, she would've gone on... Still £21,000 is nothing to frown at. I just despise her boyfriend :)

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:28 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject:

Noel spoke wisely at the end, she should not have invited that dimwit of a fella down to be with her as I think she would have gone on by herself

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:31 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

I actually thought it was Pat M's game when the announcer said something about rambling. Then when I saw the Christmas trees, I thought it was Claudine's, and then I realised it was Donna's.

I dunno where Noel got the number 171 from. It was good to see Basil Brush John, Mariette and Sarah on the wings as well. I want to see their games again now...

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:35 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Zeddie wrote:
redrum666 wrote:

TBH, he pressured her into it (IMO). I feel that if he hadn't been there, she would've gone on... Still £21,000 is nothing to frown at. I just despise her boyfriend :)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I despise his guts as well. But, I think as the proveout progressed she was looking for someone to blame. (Even though he did put the pressure on quite a bit.)

Even so, she'd have dealt at £59,000 I think but, as you say, £21,000 is a lot of money anyway!

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:39 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

I feel as miserable now as I did then. Amazing in retrospect that Donna was only the second person to have that final two.

And I was really annoyed at the time with Noel, as it felt that the more he rubbed it in the more she cried, and I thought it was really horrible television. In hindsight, though, I guess it was a bit of an overreaction from her, given that Jim from the previous show would have killed for £20,000 let alone £21k (he swapped £20,000 for £250 and had a similar reaction to Donna, but after recording had ended), and to cry when you've won so much money is missing the point a tad. I'm sure she's by far recovered by now, though, and very happy with her win.

On the plus side it was fantastic to see those classic contestants on the wings again. Couldn't believe it when I looked at the today's show thread and people were saying the show was getting boring, there were some amazing contestants and games (like that one), with many more to come!

Here's a fantastic post from the original thread where an audience member talks about the filming of this show and Jim's. http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p ... 940#221940

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:53 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

haha, this was a GREAT game. Dealt at £21,000, with the £250k in her box, dream final two. Serves her right really, NO player is allowed to do what she did just because they could have won a quarter of a million quid but they actually womn an amazing £21,000. THE most ungrateful player ever, crying because she won "Only" £21,000.

I DESPISE people like that.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]