Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 am Last visit was: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:45 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject: 22/07/07 Okiem (Originally 23/02/06)

Warnings: 0
Okiem's classic repeat this week.

Am I right in thinking this is the last classic for a while?

Here's the original topic: http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183

This wasn't my choice out of the 4, but I guess it'll suffice, given the wings at the time (Near enough March 06)

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:56 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject:

I don't think these ones have been voted on. There's another one on next week.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

One of my fave players of all time!

The way he was just so quiet on the wings to start off with, then wrecked a couple of games, namely John G's, and then came to the table.

So pleased with the end result to this one.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:58 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Simon F wrote:

Really? I thought he was in one of the votes. My mistake then.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:00 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

He was - and a few of the losing nominees from the votes are being shown every Sunday until the 13th.

Okiem actually lost TWO votes - so good for him to get his shown again!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Profile E-mail  

Zeddie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

Lisa, earlier, said Matt had £5 in the last two games.

He had it again in Okiem's game. 3 times in a row, nice :)

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:36 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

God, that was awesome! One of the best endings ever!

And what an awesome line-up as well! Hell, I miss February! :(

I wasn't around on these forums back then so a very belated welldone Okiem! :D

“Tell me," Wittgenstein's asked a friend, "why do people always say, it was natural for man to assume that the sun went round the earth rather than that the earth was rotating?" His friend replied, "Well, obviously because it just looks as though the Sun is going round the Earth."
Wittgenstein replied, "Well, what would it have looked like if it had looked as though the Earth was rotating?”
― Ludwig Wittgenstein

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Probably one of the most patient OPWs I've ever seen!

So glad I got to see it again - some SEVENTEEN months later!!! Better late than never, I guess...

Profile E-mail  

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:42 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

GREAT GAME!!
I hope they show more shows from the same era (season 1) rather than season 2 because I can't quite remember those so well plus it's great to see the line up. Anna, 1p Trevor, Germaine etc.

the first and last offers were good but the others were rubbish. 17 grand was a no brainer! It could have easily turned into disaster as well as it was all or peanuts :D

I didn't know positivity was a big thing back then either! :D

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject:

Zeddie wrote:
Simon F wrote:

Really? I thought he was in one of the votes. My mistake then.

I think they have been voted on. This was in a heat with players like Fin, Matt, Khanny, Jeff etc.

i can't remember who gabrielle was with.

Billy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:02 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject:

G33z, th@t w@5 g00d!1111 T3h @tm05ph3r3...sorry, post 1337 and I got carried away. I'll start again.

Geez, that was good! The atmosphere from the fifth offer onwards was mindblowing, Noel didn't even need to say anything as everyone else in the studio was shouting encouragement! Loved Lisa remembering what Matt had in the last two games, too!

Fantastic to see again, he's probably the closest contestant to me location-wise as Wembley's a walk down the road. For some reason I know that there was a light snow shower on the day this game was shown, the first three times it snowed on a DOND day produced three OPWs (Andy B, this one and Julie's) although Alex didn't do that well and Jean and Steven definitely didn't.

Interestingly paced today, though, especially near the end of the show it seemed to go into lightspeed, rushing from offer to deal to box open to LTL to outro! There's another classic on next week, hope it's as good as that!

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:00 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Fantastic that they showed one I had voted for but didn't win! :)

Never seen this one before, and it was good that the gap in line-ups between Brenda and Germaine's games were filled (with Beryl and 1p Trevor having appeared in neither).

Okiem was a great player, and it was interesting that he gave the £2,500 on the 35k and rubbish last 5 so much thought - how awful would it have been if he'd dealt, then had a proveout offer of £17k? Odd that the banker made that last offer SO high, there really wasn't even a decision to make, but it made me really sorry for Fadil and recent Sam who survived similar rounds from 5 by avoiding the 35k, and weren't even offered half that!

This was the sequence-gate era - was this game on a sequence? It makes the last offer seem even stranger if it was!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

And another thing I couldn't laughing to myself about was that Oke's replacement was Jim R - that can be about as far-removed as same-gender replacemenets go! :D

(But not quite up to the same level as Sally replacing Ron and Nicola replacing Bearded Brian)! :-D

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Yes, this was a sequence game. Sequence games ran from Terry to Candice I think. Talk about a contrast between one great decision-maker and one terrible one!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:13 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

What I meant was was it one of the 5 (or even 3?) main sequences - I know there were a handful in that period that were unique!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

There were three with two more, and Okiem's was indeed on one - Sequence A!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:17 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Here's the weird thing - I never realised Sequence-gate until it was all over, but a voice in the back of my head was screaming out when Oke chose the box that had the £250,000 - of course watching it this time around, I was expecting it even more!

Profile E-mail  

lisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:08 pm    Author: lisa    Post subject:

Only caught the tail end of last night's show but remember it well from the studio. We were all willing Oke on and was absolutely amazing when he kept the 35K in play until the last offer.

A well deserved win for a brave guy. Those were the days!!!!

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:27 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

Nice to see a very old show being shown as a classic!

Profile E-mail  
 [ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]