Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 9:49 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:03 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
I think it was the third double-stick. Fadil and Vic were both made the same offer three times in a row. (£6,100 and £9,000.)

Danielj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:04 pm    Author: Danielj    Post subject:

So please Usha delt at the right time and got as much money out of the game.

I just love her especailly when she told us to all go and get a samosa while the break was on :lol:

James1978

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:15 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject:

Was I the only person who was REALLY concerned when the banker rang for the final proveout offer, and said if Usha had taken out the 3k (which she would have done if she'd picked Asim instead of Maria), he'd have offered £7.5k AGAIN? That's such an insult, it may as well have gone the whole way and been just a swap, as in PJ's game! And I bet there wouldn't have been the LTL prize either. :(

Given that, I'm SO glad the took the fourth £7.5k, though she could have dealt the second offer and not gone through the stress of the rest of it. ;-)

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Yet another small OPW, but hey - every one counts!

Bring on tomorrow!

EDIT: Well done, Usha!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

If I was in play at that point I'd have won £100,000 because I would instantly No Deal and swap with an offer that low - my Sequencegate-era cynicism has not totally gone away!

Thanks for the correction Lewis - I'd forgotten Vic's double-stick, I just remembered his introductory... song...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Suezan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Author: Suezan    Post subject:

Well done Usha its so sad to see all the players Billy and I saw in the wings gradually leave the show but at least you beat the banker

greeny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:34 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

KP wrote:
If I was in play at that point I'd have won £100,000 because I would instantly No Deal and swap with an offer that low - my Sequencegate-era cynicism has not totally gone away!

Thanks for the correction Lewis - I'd forgotten Vic's double-stick, I just remembered his introductory... song...

You would have won £3,000 KP.

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:46 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Well done Usha - that was yet another game that never really got off the ground in terms of significant money, confidence and belief is clearly very low in the wings after the games of recent weeks but that's proved to be a positive thing this week as people have managed to beat the Banker by dealing for modest amounts!

A good character and deserved to go away with something decent as she did, rather than leaving with £10 which I think a lot of us would have done in that game!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

greeny wrote:
KP wrote:

You would have won £3,000 KP.

I was referring to a £7,500 offer on blue/£100k.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:52 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

When Usha was staggerering up to the table weighed down with tat on her box I thought the whole program would be taken up with her waffling on about it. Thankfully it must have been cut out.

The early departure of the £250k took the wind out of the sails of the game and it really never recovered from that. The constant bleed of big numbers kept the offers low and I thought she'd go at the precarious 8 box stage. At 5 box it was even more dangerous and I think very few people would take the gamble. So it was no surprise when she dealt.

I really think that had she been blessed with a decent board she might have gone for it and won a packet. As it was it was a very disappointing game in terms of luck, offers and amount won.

GAC1984

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:38 pm    Author: GAC1984    Post subject:

Well Done Usha!

Great Game today. Enjoy £7,500.

Very Well Done!

22identicalboxes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 pm    Author: 22identicalboxes    Post subject:

The big money was never really in this game. I thought Usha was great, but I was surprised at her deal, it was a terrible offer for the board.

rico7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject:

As Noel had mentioned the banker offering £10,000 lately I was expecting that would have been the offer at 5 box, but again he offers the prediction of the contestant.

trickymahonia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:10 pm    Author: trickymahonia    Post subject:

I will miss Usha, I thought she was very graceful, and I am so glad she dealt at 7 and a half.

Zeddie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 pm    Author: Zeddie    Post subject:

WELL DONE USHA!

Brilliantly played!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:26 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

An entertaining show provided by Usha and a respectable win, shame there wasn't more money to be won, but at least it was an OPW! Well done Usha and enjoy the money.

Hodgmeister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:43 pm    Author: Hodgmeister    Post subject: Bankers offers

The bankers offers weren't imaginative today. £7,500 offer 4 times in a row. Usha dealt at the right time. That will teach the banker not to make more challenging offers. :twisted:

[ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]