Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:03 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:56 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: DoND USA: May 7, 2007 100th Episode!!! * SPOILER WARNING! *

Warnings: 0
This episode is a bit more detailed than normal to fully recap the 100th Episode of USA Deal Or No Deal.

The intro splash screen has 100th Episode indicated on it, and the stage is appropriately set for this occasion, with "100" in lights on the gallery steps!

Stats so far, winnings total over $16,000,000 and banker offers total over $70,000,000!

Howie then goes to the audience and talks to a few of the winners including Matty Sollena ($675,000), Kimberly Chastang ($701,000), Gary Riotto ($340,000), then the biggest winner so far, Michele Falco ($750,000), and then...Brooks Leach, who we know just won $10!

Howie then asks if he wants a second chance, and Brooks took him up on the offer and ergo...

Contestant: Brooks Leach, for the second time, a Deal Or No Deal first that a contestant is given a second chance!

The phone rings, and the banker would like Brooks to give up his original $10 winnings! :shock:

So, Brooks comes up with a crumpled $10 note! :lol:

The prize board is as normal, with two exceptions:
The $10 spot on the board has the zero changed into Brooks' head!
The $100 spot on the board becomes silver!

All the audience members in this episode has selected a numbered chip from 1 to 26. When the $100 prize gets revealed during the game, anyone who has that numbered chip which matches the case number the $100 is in will win the $100!

The screen now moves over to Lakissa Bright and Tammy Fuller, who both picked the case with the Million in it, now hoping for Brooks to do the same (AND hopefully actually win that Million).

Chosen case: 26!

Round 1: 6 Cases to open

10: $1,000
6: $75,000
22: $500,000
23: $0.01 One Cent Club stays empty

21: $100 The $100 plaque is larger and more pronounced than normal! Also, the silver $100 prize "explodes" off the board!

Any audience member who picked a #21 chip wins $100!

1: $1

Banker's offer: $27,000!

NO DEAL!

Before the first commercial break, a splash about the Lucky Case LTL (Legalized Telephone Lottery) where the winner can win $100,000 tonight...

After the first commercial break, the screen shows the various walks down the stage the models take at the beginning of the show.

Going back to the game, Howie also recaps Brooks' original game.

Round 2: 5 Cases to open

2: $5,000

He then picks Case 18, Marisa, which incidentally in his original game, crashed the whole game by revealing the $500,000.

18: $1,000,000 :shock: Marisa's case does it again, but this time it's the Million!

Brooks then goes to the gallery to comfort Marisa...

19: $50
15: $75
11: $10,000

After the round, Brooks' mother and sisters are shown in the audience and Brooks' original supporters who appeared in his original game come out of the vault!

Also, the models are now in one of the pit areas of the audience, while Howie shows the past contestants in another area of the audience, and says that 67 of them are here tonight for this historic episode!

The phone rings as normal, however...

This call is from Jay Leno to congratulate Howie on reaching 100 episodes!

Phone rings again, however...

This call is from Regis Philbin to congratulate Howie on reaching 100 episodes!

Phone rings yet again, but this time...

The banker is now the caller and tells the offer, which Howie says it is the banker's 1000th offer of the series!

Banker's offer: $35,000!

NO DEAL!

After the second commercial break, clips show Howie get "manhandled" by some of the past contestants!

Howie then plays one of Brooks' favorite songs, which happens to be a song from Ozzy Osborne, one of his favorite artists, and Ozzy congratulates Howie on 100 episodes, and also "warns" Brooks to win more than $10 or else he will kick Brooks' butt! :shock:

Round 3: 4 Cases to open

13: $100,000
7: $400,000
20: $200,000
3: $750,000 :shock: A total disaster of a round! Four huge cases in a row selected by Brooks! Virtually a one-case game at this point!

This round is the one of the worst, if not the worst that has ever been seen in USA Deal Or No Deal history!

The banker calls, and for the first time, we get to hear the banker's voice!

Howie puts the phone on his microphone and we hear the banker's evil laugh, even though it is nowhere as evil as the UK Banker's evil laugh! The entire audience (and perhaps even the models on the gallery also), predictably boos the banker!

Banker's offer: $12,000

NO DEAL!

After the no deal, Brooks selected case 4 to begin the next round, and he is getting nervous so he sings and we go to the third commercial break...

Before this round begins, Howie emphasizes comebacks and that Brooks can still win $300,000, and he shows two former contestants, Shannan Justice ($170,000) and Malaika Merrick ($105,000) who did just that...

Round 4: 3 Cases to open

4: $300,000 :shock: A virtual collapse of the game! Very bad luck, as Brooks has selected five huge cases in a row! Truly a one-case game at this point!
14: $25,000 All or nothing from this point on!

A former contestant, Tony Gallichio ($14,000) suggests Case #5...

5: $300

After the banker calls, Brooks walks up to the banker's office and goes in, and sees the banker face to face! He even shakes the banker's hand!!! :shock:

Banker's offer: $4,000

NO DEAL!

Round 5: 2 Cases to open

12: $500

Brooks then picks the case he chose in his original game, #17...

17: $50,000 :shock: Game, set, match, the banker by a long way! The game has officially collapsed, with Brooks now having an all left-hand Final Six, just slightly better than Julie Lamera's board, who also had an all left-hand Final Six!

Even worse, the $10 is still there on the board!

The Final 6 Cases

- $5
- $10
- $25
- $200
- $400
- $750

Banker's offer: $150

NO DEAL!

After the fifth commercial break, we get to see recaps of great deals (and even one No Deal (of $880,000), in Michele's Game!)

Round 6: 1 Case to open

9: $10 The $10 plaque is larger than normal, with the zero being replaced by Brooks' head!

At least Brooks will not repeat his original win of $10 this episode!

Banker's offer: $200

NO DEAL!

Round 7: 1 Case to open

8: $5 Brooks will at least win more than he did in his original game...

The big winners now go to the stage to be with Brooks to give him luck...

Banker's offer: $300

NO DEAL!

After the sixth and final commercial break, we get 100th episode congratulations from Jackie Chan, Celine Dion and Hayden and Zachary from "Heroes."

Howie informs Brooks that he will get his favorite artist's Ozzy Osborne's new CD, "Black Rain."

Round 8: 1 Case to open

He finally gets to select Case #24, which he left to last in his original game...

24: $200

Banker's offer: $425

NO DEAL!

Round 9: 1 Case to open

16: $750 He won't even win that amount tonight!

Howie says that the Banker said that Brooks can come back to play anytime, with Brooks yelling a sarcastic "shut up" to the Banker upstairs.

Banker's offer: $190

NO DEAL!

Howie says it wasn't fair for him to take back Brooks' original winnings, so he gives back the $10 note to Brooks that he gave to Howie earlier.

Howie then offers a final offer of a case swap, however, the case swap offer was declined by Brooks.

Howie now opens his case #26 to reveal...

26: $400 At least a little consolation of sorts...

Hayley opens her case #25 to complete the game...

25: $25

The show ends with Brooks hugging the models and fades out...

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $35,000
Case value: $400
Prize won: $400
Result: Outright Banker Win by a very long way!

As a final note, the $35,000 peak offer is one of the lowest peak offers yet of any USA Deal Or No Deal game.

And this ends the recap of the historic 100th Episode of USA Deal Or No Deal!

Until next time...

Last edited by Goldeneye on Tue May 08, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:12 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Oh man, that was one of the roughest episodes I've ever seen.

This time, I think, you can't blame Brooks' failure on greed. He was SERIOUSLY unlucky tonight! Absoutly had no momentum in his second game.

I have to admit, I almost felt sorry for him. How humiliating is it to get the opportunity to play TWICE and lose out both times!

At least he won considerably more than last time! You can at least have some fun with $400. And it's a tax free win too! (Fact: On American game shows, $599 or below is not taxed)

You know what? If this show makes it to 200 episodes, Brooks should get to play again! Yes, I am totally serious! Love him or hate him, you can't deny he's entertaining!

Goldeneye, the smallest peak offer ever was actually just $16,000! It came from Janie's game, who was infamous for having the first all-left Final Six and winning just $750! http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:41 pm    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject:

hey JR, is there a way you can post the episode on YouTube, because I missed the first 1/2 hour of the show because of work. I especially want to see the $100 win :D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:14 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Lady Luck was clearly not on Brooks' side last night, but hey, at least he won 40 times what he won in his first game. I think that Brooks should seriously stay away from this game, though. He's a great guy and all, but he's got some horrible luck. You know what, Brooks is such a huge beast (beast = cool), we should dedicate a forum fan club to him. At least a million UK contestants have their own fan clubs here, so why not give one of the more memorable US contestants a fan club. Since it's my idea, I get to be president. JR et al, feel free to fight over the other positions :D . Also, someone should design a logo that we can post in our sigs. A US $10 bill with Brooks' face in the center (In Brooks We Trust :lol: ) would be nice, as would a close-up shot of the hugefied $10 plaque in Case 9 that featured Brooks' face in place of the zero.

...This just in. Endemol is reported to be in talks with NBC to give 2-time DoND contestant Brooks Leach his own game show, slated to be called Win Brooks Leach's Money. In it, host Leach puts up $410 of his own money in a battle of wits against contestants who want to make Leach's $410 their own. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:30 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
know what, Brooks is such a huge beast (beast = cool), we should dedicate a forum fan club to him. At least a million UK contestants have their own fan clubs here, so why not give one of the more memorable US contestants a fan club. Since it's my idea, I get to be president. JR et al, feel free to fight over the other positions :D

That is a GREAT idea! In fact, I was about to suggest a Brooks Leach fanclub myself!

Mark77 wrote:
...This just in. Endemol is reported to be in talks with NBC to give 2-time DoND contestant Brooks Leach his own game show, slated to be called Win Brooks Leach's Money. In it, host Leach puts up $410 of his own money in a battle of wits against contestants who want to make Leach's $410 their own. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BRILLIANT!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:31 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

DoNDFan wrote:
hey JR, is there a way you can post the episode on YouTube, because I missed the first 1/2 hour of the show because of work. I especially want to see the $100 win :D

I'll try to get it done for you! :D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

J.R. wrote:
Mark77 wrote:
know what, Brooks is such a huge beast (beast = cool), we should dedicate a forum fan club to him. At least a million UK contestants have their own fan clubs here, so why not give one of the more memorable US contestants a fan club. Since it's my idea, I get to be president. JR et al, feel free to fight over the other positions :D

That is a GREAT idea! In fact, I was about to suggest a Brooks Leach fanclub myself!

Mark77 wrote:

BRILLIANT!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Hey, I might be sarcastic and overly critical of idiot contestants sometimes, but we all have our moments. With all the exposure that Brooks is gettting now, he really should get his own game show. But he should also stay the hell away from DoND, because when it comes to DoND, he's got the reverse of the Midas Touch. And on the 200th episode, the contestant mentioned in my sig should be brought back, since all she won was a free picture of George Washington :D .

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:45 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

I hope you don't mind, Mark... but I've set up the Brooks Leach Fanclub thread in the Contestant's section!

http://www.dond.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9054

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]