Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:57 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 9:57 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:55 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject: DoND USA: November 27, 2006 ***SPOILER WARNING!***

Warnings: 0
And here's how it went!

Contestant: Brooks Leach!

Fast facts: Brooks love to party and drink beer! :D Plus, his sister tells everyone that Brooks is also afraid of the dark! :-D Brooks is also recently single!

Chosen case: 17!

Round One: Six Cases:

22: $25

11: $5!

8: $400

26: $75

23: $300,000

2: $5,000

The Banker has a rather cheeky opening offer for Brooks!

He is willing to offer Brooks a lifetime supply of cold, freshly brewed bottles of...

ROOT BEER!!!

This prize is valued at:

Banker's offer: $26,657.28!

The very first offer in dollars and cents!

Insulted that he's been offered Root Beer, Brooks makes this a very quick...

NO DEAL!

As he was picking cases, Brooks mentions he didn't like seeing the models going away! So Howie decides to let them come back and sit next to Brooks to give him extra support! :-D More models join Brooks as their cases are picked! Yes, it does get a bit crowded as the game goes on! :-D

Round Two: Five Cases:

9: $750

16: $500

19: $200

1: $100,000

3: $10,000

Banker's offer: $66,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Three: Four Cases:

14: $50

12: $50,000

7: $25,000

5: $1!!

Banker's offer: $119,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Four: Three Cases:

25: $400,000

4: $1,000

20: .01¢!!!

Banker's offer: $218,000!

Before Brooks can decide, The Banker decides to be really evil!

Knowing of his fear and determined to throw Brooks off his game, The Banker TURNS OFF THE LIGHTS! Yes, the entire studio is dark all throughout the commercial break! :-D

After the show returns, Howie demands the lights be turned back on and The Banker reluctantly obliges.

With everything back to working order, Brooks is able to decide on the offer! It's a...

NO DEAL!

Round Five: Two Cases:

13: $200,000

6: $1,000,000!!!

The Final Six:

- $10
- $100
- $300
- $75,000
- $500,000
- $750,000

Banker's offer: $152,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Six: One Case:

10: $750,000!!

Banker's offer: $73,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Seven: One Case:

21: $75,000

Banker's offer: $85,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Eight: One Case:

15: $300

Banker's offer: $147,000!

NO DEAL!

Round Nine: One Case:

18: $500,000!!!!!!!!

DISASTER! Unfortunately, Brooks pushed his luck too far and has hit the landmine that has left him with just peanuts. :( Everyone is just gutted, crushed, disappointed and very sad. :( Some of the models are almost driven to tears. :cry:

It's a $10 or $100 final two.

Banker's offer: $50!

NO DEAL!

Round Ten: Last Case:

The swap is not offered and Brooks is going home with...

17: $10

Yes, you read that correctly! Just ten bucks!!!

To prove it:

24: $100

Game Summary:

Peak offer: $218,000
Case value: $10
Prize won: $10
Result: Outright Banker Win

Brooks so disappointed, he just walks off the stage as Howie finishes up. However, there's no time to start another game. So, yes, this episode does have to end on this huge downer. :cry:

And there you have it!
-Joe R.

Last edited by J.R. on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rico7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:29 am    Author: rico7    Post subject:

:( As I read that I thought surely Brooks will deal at $147,000, and I certainly wanted him to. He only has himself to blame. It sounds like he got carried away by those models!! That is not playing smart, and I would call that recklessness more than courage.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:45 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

Mmm, agreed...can't say I feel particularly sorry for him. That $147k would have been an instant Deal for me.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:50 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

What a complete idiot! He should have taken the $147K, but no, the dumb hick (sorry if that offended anyone) felt he had the $500K in his case. Wrong! He truly deserved the $10 for pressing his luck way too far, just like the 3 other contestants mentioned on the Thanksgiving special. That was, without a doubt, one of the worst games I ever saw. My forum signature has been altered to reflect this game's result.

On a completely different note, I think that Brooks and the other 3 contestants who won less than $100 should be brought back for another shot at winning the million on a special series of episodes called "The Tournament of Losers." Then again, with the kind of luck that these people had, the might end up winning almost no money all over again and screwing up horribly. DoND is the only game show out there where every contestant is guaranteed to take some some money, but sometimes "some" money is almost no money, as I just said.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

I'm not sure Dana deserves to be up there, she never had a real opportunity to get out with decent money. As far as I'm concerned, Brett is by far the worst of the morons (turning down an AMO in a one-case game??) and both Cheryl and Brooks were silly, but not on Brett's level. (Then again, given the chance, they might have been that silly...)

Edit: I was thinking of Lisa Fornar who played right after Brett. Dana had two shots at her exit fee apparently.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:57 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject:

Why were the models sitting around by where Brooks and his family were?

wakey1512

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Author: wakey1512    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
What a complete idiot! He should have taken the $147K, but no, the dumb hick (sorry if that offended anyone) felt he had the $500K in his case. Wrong! He truly deserved the $10 for pressing his luck way too far, just like the 3 other contestants mentioned on the Thanksgiving special. That was, without a doubt, one of the worst games I ever saw. My forum signature has been altered to reflect this game's result.

On a completely different note, I think that Brooks and the other 3 contestants who won less than $100 should be brought back for another shot at winning the million on a special series of episodes called "The Tournament of Losers." Then again, with the kind of luck that these people had, the might end up winning almost no money all over again and screwing up horribly. DoND is the only game show out there where every contestant is guaranteed to take some some money, but sometimes "some" money is almost no money, as I just said.

Oh get real. HE GAMBLED FOR *beep* SAKE, and you can't expect 'your' first $1,000,000 winner if no one gambles :roll: :roll:

My dislike club: The number 3

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

KP wrote:
Edit: I was thinking of Lisa Fornar who played right after Brett. Dana had two shots at her exit fee apparently.

According to my recap. Dana wanted $75,000 and was offered $79,000 and $71,000!

-Joe R.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

wakey1512 wrote:
Mark77 wrote:

Oh get real. HE GAMBLED FOR *beep* SAKE, and you can't expect 'your' first $1,000,000 winner if no one gambles :roll: :roll:

You've got a point there, and you're absolutely right. Perhaps I was a bit too harsh in my last post. One of these days, we'll get a real gambler on the show who will go all the way and have the million in his case. For me, I would have taken the peak offer of $218,000, and left there with a decent amount of money. I'm a bit of a gambler myself, but I do it in moderation. I know my limits.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

It'll depend on the offers and the safety net values that are left, too. That was the big problem with Brooks, he went for a big gamble with nothing to fall back on.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

DoNDFan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:11 am    Author: DoNDFan    Post subject:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VOCkEUx_z8k

J.R.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 am    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

NBC is rerunning this episode now!

EDIT: Amusingly, even though this is a rerun, they are still doing a $10,000 Lucky Case Game LTL!

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]