Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:41 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:41 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 9 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:40 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: DoND USA - October 17th, 2007 ***SPOILER WARNING***

Warnings: 0
Well, it appears that the usual recapper(s) have (or has) either become lazy, stopped caring, disappeared, or all three, so I'm taking over at the USA version recapper for now. Anyway, tonight's episode of Don't F**k it Up (my new name for the USA version because that's what I yell at the TV when I watch it) is billed by announcer John Cipriano as "the most exciting game of the season." Oh, please. I've heard that one before, and every time they say that, the contestant doesn't end up winning much, and the game rarely lives up to what they say it is. That phrase is so over used. Anyway, I'll save the cynical comments for later, because I've got a show to recap. Here goes...

Tonight's contestant: Kimberly Bradshaw
Fun Facts: Kimberly is a single mother of an 11-year-old. She plays full-contact football (American football to our British readers) and is also on a roller derby team. Her nicknames are Thunder Cat and Kitten. Will the Thunder Cat have a thunderous game tonight? I'm guessing not, but we'll see what develops.
Chosen Case: 19, because it's her football jersey number (91) backwards.
Note: The dumb Million-Dollar Failure is over, so we're back to a standard board again.

Round 1 - 6 cases
2 - $.01 :D Can't have a better start than that!
25 - $300
14 - $200,000
17 - $10 Before they opened this case, Kimberly said that she was originally going to choose this case as her own. Good thing she didn't!
21 - $100,000
13 - $5,000
Well, despite the loss of 2 of the Power 7, that was a pretty good round. Let's see what the man behind the darkened glass has to say about it
1st Bank Offer: $77,000 :shock:
$77,000 for a first offer? Excuse me? She knocked out 2 of the Power 7. Wow, I guess the Banker must be feeling generous tonight. I would have offered no more than $46,000 here. Despite the Banker's generosity, however, Kimberly says
NO DEAL

Round 2 - 5 cases
9 - $75
23 - $400,000
12 - $400
11 - $750,000
4 - $750
Interesting how every amount Kimberly revealed in this round was wither a multiple of 75 or 400. When's the last time that's happened? Anyway, it's Banker time now, and this time, he offers...
2nd Bank Offer: $49,000
That's more like it. It's a huge drop from the first overly-inflated offer, and again, Kimberly says
NO DEAL

Round 3 - 4 cases
26 - $500
7 - $1 Once again, Case 7 is back to being a GLAC (Guaranteed Low Amount Case).
20 - $25,000
3 - $1,000,000 :(
Well, just like hundreds of contestants before her, Kimberly took out the million within the first 3 rounds of the game. It was bound to happen sooner or later. The Banker's going to punish her for that.
3rd Bank Offer - $35,000.
As expected. Kimberly's response, which is also expected, is
NO DEAL

If memory serves, at this point, Howie brings in members of Kimberly's football team, the Sacramento Riders, and members of her roller derby team, the Sac City Rollers. Anyway, back to the game.

Round 4 - 3 cases
15 - $50,000
5 - $1,000
22 - $100
That was the good round that Kimberly needed. Let's see what kind of offer she gets this time...
4th Bank Offer: $46,000
The offers are beginning to climb back up now, but 46 grand still isn't enough for our Thunder Cat, because she responds with a quick
NO DEAL

Round 5 - 2 cases
18 - $5
8 - $200
Perfect round! That couldn't have happened at a better time. The Banker responds with...
5th Bank Offer: $84,000
Not bad. For some, this might be walking money. For Kimberly, it's just another opportunity to say
NO DEAL

Round 6 - 1 case
1 - $50
Back-to-back perfect rounds! When the last time that's happened? I think we're heading into the land of 6-figure offers now...
6th Bank Offer: $131,000
Yep, we sure did. Highest offer yet. If I were playing, I'd deal right away. But Kimberly has other plans. She's obviously letting greed consume her because she says
NO DEAL
Bad decision. I predict a great fall now. She's going to regret not having dealt at that point. At this point, I'm already yelling "Don't f**k it up!" at my TV screen. Anyway, let us press on...

Round 7 - 1 case
6 - $500,000 :( I hate to say I told you so, but she partially f**ked it up.
Well, I think we all know what's going to happen now. The $500,000 was the top amount left on the board, and knocking it out will have a serious effect on the next bank offer.
7th Bank Offer - $84,000
Do I sense a tad of deja vu here? 84 large is what our atletic contestant was offered as he 5th offer. If she doesn't take this offer, she'll be digging her hole even deeper, and inching ever closer to becoming yet another Mark77 Idiot. Of course, Kimberly says
NO DEAL
That decision is going to come back and bite her in the rear as well, just like the last one.

Round 8 - 1 case
24 - $300,000 :( She f**ked it up! My prediction has come true once again. The game is now officially over. The Banker must be enjoying this, because he offers...
8th Bank Offer: $23,000
Well, Kimberly says that she doesn't want to leave with nothing, so she decides to make the first smart decision of her game and say
DEAL
And in order to see if this was a good deal or not, it's time once again for the dreaded proveouts.

Proveouts
If Kimberly had continued...
10 - $75,000 The highest remianing amount goes, and we're left with a final 2 of $10,000 and $25. Whenever the $25 is one of the final two amounts, it's almost always in the contestant's case, as I have observed in previous episodes. Unfortunately, it usually gets won in this situation as well. Let's see if the $25 is in case 19. Howie opens it up to reveal
19 - $25!
Wow, I'm 4-for-4 on predictions tonight. How about that. Well, it's a good thing that Kimberly dealt at $23,000, because had she continued, it would have been a total disaster. Well, that does it for another exciting-if you could call it that - episode of DoND USA, er I mean, Don't F**k it Up. You know what, I think I'll take over as the US version recapper now, because I'm starting to enjoy this job. And for the times that I won't be available to recap the US shows, the person who runs this site http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/dealornodeal/index.htm does a pretty good job, even though his recaps are free of play-by-play commentary and in-depth analysis. Anyway, so what do y'all think of this recap? Please post your comments below.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:53 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Hah, I sometimes wish I could watch the US show so I could commentate on it. I think I prefer it to the UK show in some respects although the lighting is hideously over-the-top.

Anyway, not exactly a 'most exciting game of the season' but not a bad one, I think I'd have bailed out at the second $84,000.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aramid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:56 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

Cool recap Marky77, I love how you recap the episode with details relevant to its game. I noticed that case 3 had the million 2 games in a row.

I also thought that she had the million in her because she revealed the penny in her first pick. Some of us are aware that there are 4 contestants out of 8 or 9 contestants had the jackpot in their case when they revealed the penny.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

Aramid wrote:
Cool recap Marky77, I love how you recap the episode with details relevant to its game. I noticed that case 3 had the million 2 games in a row.

I also thought that she had the million in her because she revealed the penny in her first pick. Some of us are aware that there are 4 contestants out of 8 or 9 contestants had the jackpot in their case when they revealed the penny.

Ara, read my PM.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:01 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Thanks, guys. So I guess my decision to take over at the US version recapper seems to be a good idea. These are fun to do, and I get to provide my own insights, which is fun. It's almost like doing color commentary for a televised sport. Ironically, I used to work for an all-sports radio station. And what do you guys think of my proposed new name for the game, Don't F**k it Up?

Aramid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:06 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

I really enjoyed reading your recap Marky77. When reading the recap I felt that I am in the DoND studio. It is a wonderful job making a recap voluntarily well it captures almost the essence of a deal or no deal feeling.

keep it up :-D :-D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:17 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Will do, and please, call me Mark :) .

alexseth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:30 pm    Author: alexseth    Post subject:

Sorry about not recapping! I've barely been able to watch the US version because I usually am doing work around the time that it's airing! Thanks for taking it over for me Mark, great job!

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:07 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Re: DoND USA - October 17th, 2007 ***SPOILER WARNING***

Mark77 wrote:
Well, it appears that the usual recapper(s) have (or has) either become lazy, stopped caring, disappeared, or all three, so I'm taking over at the USA version recapper for now.

Hi Mark, actually, with myself, being one of the two cappers...

1. I went on an extended summer hiatus, since I was going overseas in October, so I extended my hiatus to this past Oct 31.
2. They had cancelled the Wednesday night shows by the time I got back from overseas.
3. I am never home Friday nights, so I am unable to provide a recap of those episodes, since they're usually on Friday nights now.

As for JR, the other capper, he has simply dropped off of sight since early summer due to a forum blowup at another one of the forums in here.

I have resumed capping, but it will be very irregular, as normally, I am never home Friday nights.

But I usually will be able to cap episodes that air on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

So barring a schedule change (away from either Friday or Thursday nights), I won't be capping that much, even tho I will watch and recap it if I can catch it.

[ 9 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]