Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

alexseth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:34 am    Author: alexseth    Post subject: DOND USA Season Premiere: Sept. 17 2007 *SPOILER WARNING*

Warnings: 0
Howie begins the show by announcing that with the play-at-home lucky case game, someone at home will win a guaranteed $1,000,000! There are some changes to the color of the set, the style of the board, and the music.

Howie introduces the contestant, Donna Dibiasi (sp?)!

Donna lives in Nashville, Tennessee, but is originally from New York City (where I live :-)). She wants to win money for her very young son to take both of them back to New York City because she misses it.

Donna decides to choose Lindsay, number 26!

Round 1

18 - $500

2 - $75

9 - $750

17 - $300,000 *some groans as the first big amount goes*

5 - $50,000

1 - $200,000

The Banker calls Howie, and when he picks up, Howie reveals that the Banker is not yet done with his summer vacation and has sent a replacement banker instead. :shock: The silhouette of the banker's office is taken away to reveal multimillionaire entrepreneur and star of the hit series The Apprentice, Donald Trump!!! Donna goes postal!

Trump offers - $45,000

Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 2

10 - $1

21 - $5

23 - $750,000 *BIG GROANS*

6 - $300

24 - $100,000 *small groans for that*

Instead of using the phone, Trump is merely speaking the offers aloud from now on. He remains visible throughout the entire game.

Trump offers - $39,000

Some groans for the slightly decreased offer.

Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 3

7 - $200

15 - $10,000 *mild applause for that*

19 - $25,000 *more mild applause*

14 - $.01 :D *BIG CHEERS for a great ending to a great round!*

Trump offers $86,000.

Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 4

22 - $75,000 *Newbie Lianna*

4 - $50

16 - $500,000 *Newbie Krissy* *BIG GROANS as the 2nd largest number goes*

Board recap: $10, $25, $100, $400, $1,000 $5,000, $400,000, $1,000,000

Trump thinks Donna is headed for a fall and really needs to take this.

Trump offers $96,000.

Donna struggles with this one. Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 5

12 - $10 *BIG CHEERS*

11 - $1,000,000 :shock: *HUGE HUGE GASPS AND GROANS*
Donna begins to cry. :(
To make Donna feel better, all of her friends and family from New York come on set in a huge city bus, a complete surprise to Donna!

Trump offers $27,000.

This receives huge groans. Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 6

25 - $400,000 :shock: *HUGE GASPS as the last remaining big number goes*

Board Recap: $25, $100, $400, $1,000, $5,000

Trump offers $700. :(

Donna quickly says NO DEAL.

Round 7

3 - $100

Trump offers $1,100.

Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 8

20 - $400

Trump offers $1,500.

Donna says NO DEAL.

Round 9

13 - $1,000

$25 and $5,000 remain.

Trump offers $2,400.

Donna says NO DEAL.

Howie offers Donna to switch cases. Donna decides to keep 26.

In Donna's case 26 is... $25 :( *HUGE GROANS*

8 - $5,000

But then...

AFTER THE SHOW

Donald Trump tells Donna it was her fault for not taking the $96,000, but her kid shouldn't have to suffer from her mistake. Donald Trump gives Donna's son Dominic a check for $25,000! 8) :D
Donna is ecstatic!

Preview for Wednesday's football (American football)-themed episode.

And that's the end!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Wow, what a way to start the season. An absolutely s**tty game. NBC, please get these bloody morons off of my TV set immediately. Yes, she should have listened to Trump, but no, like every other stupid contestant the show has had, she felt the need for greed. What a complete idiot. Screw this, there's more brains - and money - on Power of 10. I had enough of these brain-dead imbeciles playing Deal or No Deal.

In other news, they've changed the insides of the cases from dark blue to red, like on the Canadian version of the show, and starting Wednesday, with a special NFL football edition, the show goes on a Million Dollar Mission. Every time the million dollars is not won, they add another million-dollar case to the mix. Six or more will be added. Every time another million-dollar case is added, one of the amounts on the right side of the board goes away, so there will never be more than 26 cases in the gallery at one time. An example shown at the end of tonight's show looked like this:

$1,000
$5,000
$10,000
$25,000
$50,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000

By doing this, they're basiclaly idiot-proofing the game to a certain extent. However, I'll bet $5 Canadian that one idiot will eliminate all the million-dollar cases in one or two rounds, since many of this show's contestants have the IQ of a rock, as we saw tonight. I wonder what kind of offer a contestant will get if they're faced with a final two of $1,000,000 and $1,000,000. $1,100,000, perhaps? Only time will tell...

Oh, and before I end my rant, congrats to alexseth on a job well done with the recap. Keep up the good work :) .

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:12 am    Author: greeny    Post subject:

The Million Dollar Mission only goes up to 6 $1,000,000 cases.

Great recap, and case 11 starts the season with the $1,000,000!

alex1333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:30 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

Mark77 wrote:
Wow, what a way to start the season. An absolutely s**tty game. NBC, please get these bloody morons off of my TV set immediately. Yes, she should have listened to Trump, but no, like every other stupid contestant the show has had, she felt the need for greed. What a complete idiot. Screw this, there's more brains - and money - on Power of 10. I had enough of these brain-dead imbeciles playing Deal or No Deal.

In other news, they've changed the insides of the cases from dark blue to red, like on the Canadian version of the show, and starting Wednesday, with a special NFL football edition, the show goes on a Million Dollar Mission. Every time the million dollars is not won, they add another million-dollar case to the mix. Six or more will be added. Every time another million-dollar case is added, one of the amounts on the right side of the board goes away, so there will never be more than 26 cases in the gallery at one time. An example shown at the end of tonight's show looked like this:

$1,000
$5,000
$10,000
$25,000
$50,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000
$1,000,000

By doing this, they're basiclaly idiot-proofing the game to a certain extent. However, I'll bet $5 Canadian that one idiot will eliminate all the million-dollar cases in one or two rounds, since many of this show's contestants have the IQ of a rock, as we saw tonight. I wonder what kind of offer a contestant will get if they're faced with a final two of $1,000,000 and $1,000,000. $1,100,000, perhaps? Only time will tell...

Oh, and before I end my rant, congrats to alexseth on a job well done with the recap. Keep up the good work :) .

you're such an oxymoron. you called that dave guy a total idiot (which i agree with) when he toko the 3rd offer and had the million in his case (deservedly so)

in my opionion the greedy people are the ones who come on the show expecting a wad load of cash and take it when flashed in their face regardless of the opportunity ahead.

imo american dond is way more tense when people no deal because of the music the atmosphere etc and it is all about entertainment just like UK dond. its not pleasant seeing people deal early and its not pleasant seeing people win blues but at least gambles are tense and exciting whereas the only exctiment in an early deal is seeing the person lose out on much more like dave cos come on, he deserved to lose man

i peed myself laughing on those recaps where he lost out! thats like taking the second offer on our show, just aint right!

travis P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: DOND USA Season Premiere: Sept. 17 2007 *SPOILER WARNING

alexseth wrote:
AFTER THE SHOW

Donald Trump tells Donna it was her fault for not taking the $96,000, but her kid shouldn't have to suffer from her mistake. Donald Trump gives Donna's son Dominic a check for $25,000! 8) :D
Donna is ecstatic!

I know many people complained here about the show giving PJ £15,000 on the basis he wasn't offered a final two cash amount (a swap instead) but giving $25,000 for practially no reason at all is defeating the object for the entire format. Deal or No Deal is a show which features pleasure and pain.

and I see the show is still a circus then.

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:39 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Post retracted by ME.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Last edited by SrWilson on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

SrWilson wrote:
what a Numpty this Donna is lol GREED

The most generous offer with significant money she turned down was just over half the mean, with a safety net and only two to open.

In fact it was almost an identical situation to our Donna, just with double the money ($400k and $1m are equivalent to £200k and £500k, although minus tax), and only two to open. Even the offer was about the same generosity.

And yet you slated Donna to death for Dealing. Along with many others who took more risks than she did.

You can't have it both ways and judge retrospectively. I daresay you're hypocritical.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aramid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:10 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

The past 2 seasons were beautiful, tense and powerful.

My new favorite model would be

CASE # 15, Brooke Long

Farewell...

Lindsay S.

Kasie Head

Laura Shields

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:14 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

KP wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

The most generous offer with significant money she turned down was just over half the mean, with a safety net and only two to open.

In fact it was almost an identical situation to our Donna, just with double the money ($400k and $1m are equivalent to £200k and £500k, although minus tax), and only two to open. Even the offer was about the same generosity.

And yet you slated Donna to death for Dealing. Along with many others who took more risks than she did.

You can't have it both ways and judge retrospectively. I daresay you're hypocritical.

Urm, yeah, I had to re-read that it was indeed SrWilson who posted that... seeing as though he normally calls people cowards for dealing too early.

I think you could have hit the nail on the head, KP. :roll:

alex1333

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:02 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

umm no i think mark 77 is the hypocritical one here

KP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

Never said Mark77 wasn't. :)

Most of the horridly low wins have been down to sheer luck though, as he must surely admit. Though Power of 10 is better, I must admit :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NoDeal!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:56 pm    Author: NoDeal!    Post subject:

Donna was NOT an idiot. I also would have turned down 96k because she had 400k, and $1m. She was just incredibly unlucky to take them both out. If she had gone on and won more money, no one would complain. :roll:

SrWilson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:53 am    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

KP wrote:
SrWilson wrote:

I'm not hypocritical I know where I gone wrong here though Donna in our version was stupid to deal.

The Donna in the USA one here was right to play on and no deal it was just bad luck.

The reason I called her a numpty is I was actually watching another contestants game on the show ( a woman) and she showed total Greed turning down everything in sight even extremly big offers and she left with $300 and this was no safety net reckless gambling.

I only just realised ive commented about the wrong game i've still got that stupid womans game on my brain lol ill retract my original post in the thread.

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:17 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

alex1333 wrote:
umm no i think mark 77 is the hypocritical one here

Welcome to attack Mark77. I'm not a hypocrite. I just hate low wins, that's all. It makes the show look bad. If it helps, I would have dealt at $96K. If I'm having a bad game, I'd try to get out with some money, as going all the way isn't always successful. Even if I sell my case for less than what it's worth, I'd still be happy because I'd have secured some money for myself. I can't do much with $25, but I could do a lot with $96,000.

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]