Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:06 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 4:06 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:54 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Breaking News Regarding NBC's Deal or No Deal

Warnings: 0
From www.tvgameshows.net ...
NBC to Scrap
Wednesday Deal;
Adds Phenomenon
In one of the more puzzling moves of the early season, NBC has already opted to scrap the Wednesday edition of Deal or No Deal, effective Oct. 24, in favor of Phenomenon.
The new game opera, hosted by mentalist Uri Geller, is a contest to find the next Geller. Focusing on ESP and mentalist skils, the concept is based on an Israeli idea.
The competition occurs in front of a live audience. Geller gained fame in the '70s for purportedly bending spoons with his mind, though competing mentalist The Amazing Randi attempted to dispel Geller's claims.
The winner earns $250,000. NBC has scheduled a two-hour episode Halloween night from 8-10 p.m. (EDT/PDT).
Some speculation has NBC relegating Deal to Fridays in an effort to fade out the network version before the show's move to syndication next September.

Uh-oh. Methinks that DoND USA is in trouble. Thoughts?

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:17 am    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject:

I think the Million Dollar Mission was a bit over the top, perhaps that was the jump the shark moment?

Aramid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:00 pm    Author: Aramid    Post subject:

The first time I hear the million dollar mission, i felt anger. I asked my self why is deal or no deal adding $1,000,000 case per episode until it is won? After the first game of the million dollar mission It feels alright and I guess it is not that bad.

From that news, I am beginning to think that deal or no deal is not having a great rating since it is reduced to only 1 episode per week. I love the game and I would like it to end on 2010 if that's possible.

Can anyone place a dond USA clip on youtube. thank you

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:10 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

They've really cocked it up this time. I bet you that someone will end up winning the cent with 25 millions on the board...

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » USAAll times are UTC [ DST ]