Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:05 am Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 3:05 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

crazyeddie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:17 pm    Author: crazyeddie    Post subject: Irish DoND recaps, videos and info
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Here are details of recaps, videos and info on the Irish version of Deal or No Deal.

You can watch the latest episode online on the Irish National Lottery website (thanks to forum member chartzy for the info). New episodes are broadcast on telly on Friday nights, and soon after online. In the Republic of Ireland, you can watch a higher resolution version on the TV3 Deal or No Deal website.

Please note: The first 15 seconds of every episode contains a major spoiler from a previous game. I suggest you skip ahead on the video timeline if you haven't seen it. This game may be recapped in the near future.

Recaps
1: Anna 13/11/09
2: Aoife 20/11/09
3: Hannah 27/11/09
7: Betty 25/12/09

Videos
17: Marian 5/3/10 part 2
18: Franklin 12/3/10 part 2
19: Aiden 19/3/10 part 2
20: Eamon 26/3/10 MisterAl special!

(Episodes of the first series were broadcast from November '09 to March '10. As of June, there's currently no news as to when the show will return.)

The latest episodes are linked above. Old episodes are removed after four weeks. I recommend that you watch in order, to avoid potential spoilers. You can PM me for a list of earlier episodes (from episode 7 onwards, as earlier ones have encoding problems).

You can download the videos by right clicking on the links, and saving to disk. You will need a video player that supports Flash Video, such as Media Player Classic HomeCinema and VLC.

Info
The Irish version of Deal or No Deal started in November 2009, hosted by Keith Barry. The game follows the 26-box format, similar to other countries. The top prize is €250,000, and the smallest prize 1 cent. Offers are made after opening 6, then 5, 4, 3 and 2 boxes, then 1 box at a time from 6-box.

The show is broadcast for an hour, with a running time of 45 minutes. The show is based on the UK edition, with new music and graphics, and a large, green-gold set. Friends and family are the box openers, and when there's less than 26 of them, volunteers known as the 'Green Box Club' (or GBC for short) fill the spaces.

To appear on the show, players buy a Deal or No Deal scratchcard, which costs €3. The scratchcard includes instant win prizes, with a top prize of €25,000. If a player scratches off 'Deal' on the 'Banker's Bonus', their name is put into a prize draw for the week. If their name is drawn, that person gets to play.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:36 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Irish DoND recaps, videos and info

I think this was Mister Al:

(Face obscured for security reasons! :lol: )

All kidding aside, he gave excellent advice on a couple of occasions and I recommend people watch it! :smt023

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Irish DoND recaps, videos and info

GuruAl is well known by Endemol nowadays...that infamous-yet-never-aired boot-out of the studio during David's game for one, and if making the edit on the Irish shows, I think they must love him - just like we (albeit occasionally begrudgingly) do! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Irish DoND recaps, videos and info

Yeah, that was me. I was more surprised than anybody when I arrived at the Dublin studios to be asked whether I'd be happy to be miked up and contribute my thoughts during the games I saw. I'd expected to simply turn up and be a regular audience member, along with everybody else there. And I was nearly as surprised when I found out I'd made the final edit of the show, too.

For some reason, they miked me up and got me to speak during another game too. Watch out for that, er, when it gets broadcast.

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]