Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 1 post ] 

KP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Miljoenenjacht, Nov 30 2008 (SPOILER)
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Episode three of the season, the final two are Leo and Yvonne, moderately old man versus possibly moderately young female. I didn't bother watching the quiz bit I don't understand this time :P

The bong final... the amounts started rising very unusually quickly and YVONNE went at €35,900. The bong was set to come in at €97,000! No wonder it was going up so quickly. I think your strategy has to be to watch how quickly the amounts are rising, and decide from there.

So it's LEO who plays, and he picks case 5. Three daughters, one of them 15, I think he's about 50. I didn't understand what else was being said although some of it was funny judging from the audience reactions. Her wife is there. I think Australia got mentioned in there somewhere. As did the fact they have been married for 31 years, if I heard that right.

Surely we can't top last week's game? Who knows...

ROUND 1
2 - €1!
19 - €0.50! Maybe we can... Linda thinks there's five more to open!
18 - €50,000. Still quite rightly applauded.
12 - €5!
8 - €200,000. The old man on that case needed a lot of help to open it.
16 - €5,000.

Good opening round means a good opening offer... after Linda plugs what I think is a telethon...

OFFER €25,000

Oh, not a good opening offer. Why are they clapping? NO DEAL, obviously.

ROUND 2
21 - €0.20! After the cent, nothing below €10 left now.
24 - €500,000! First proper hit.
13 - €75,000. CORRECT GUESS FOR €18,000 after a bit of a joke about the case opener! She gets the last laugh!
6 - €300,000
1 - €10!

Plenty of damage in the middle 'reds' but this board is so top-heavy. It's about keeping the top two for long enough to trigger a mega-money offer.

OFFER €75,000

That isn't mega money by this game's standards but it'll fulfil some of those Australian dreams. 'Deal, or four cases to open?' 'Four cases to open'. That's NO DEAL then.

ROUND 3
9 - €20! She guessed €5m and took a long time to open the case...
4 - €50! The third case in a row in which he's hit the lowest amount other than the penny! Linda's dead excited now, as well she might with the top four at halfway.
15 - €500! What an incredible round so far...
25 - €1,000,000! Linda thought it was five... this board is still very strong.

OFFER €198,000

First serious decision of the game. Seriously serious. I'd have to play on. The wife looks a touch scared. Australia gets mentioned by Linda, as do the top two. NO DEAL. The wife covers her mouth in shock... we have a repeat of last week in every way!

ROUND 4
3 - €5,000,000!! Someone laughed. Oh it was the case opener! Linda recaps the new situation.
14 - €1,000! We have a lull here, Linda talks to the wife in a manner lost in translation on me. 22 and 23 are being talked of...
11 - €100!

Taking out two from the left and €5m on a board with backups... will make this offer very interesting indeed. We still have €400k, €750k and €2.5m above the old offer, so this may even be higher.

OFFER €198,000

I did wonder if he'd do that. 'Now it's tricky'. Again I'd play on although this is rather more dealable. Linda mentions the two backups for the €2.5m, which would be dragging me on right now. Did Linda just say 'saved by the bell'? She dramatically opens the case around the Deal button, while the audience continues to laugh... she calls an adbreak with the heartbeats and lighting effects still going, and both the heartbeat and regular think music are going at once which I don't think is normally right from the three episodes so far.

Crowd are getting rowdy. DEAL! With a rather nice light show and lots of confetti. On this show, a big-money Deal is considered perfectly acceptable reasons for proper celebration. I can't blame him even though I'd have probably gone on myself.

ROUND 5 (proveout)
7 - €750,000! We're on our way.
17 - €25,000.

'Not the €2.5m' Linda says, but with no malice whatsoever. She suggests a €300k+ offer, but if that was coming I'd be gone in a flash on this...

Final Six
€0.01
€2,500
€10,000
€100,000
€400,000
€2,500,000

It is believable though, and would be what I'd play for at the previous offer.

ROUND 6 (proveout)
10 - €2,500,000! Looking like a very good Deal right now...

ROUND 7 (proveout)
26 - €0.01. No sale of the cent this time.

ROUND 8 (proveout)
20 - €10,000. Correct guess for €4,000!

ROUND 9 (proveout)
22 - €400,000! Correct guess for €3,000 and a good deal for Leo too!

23 - €100,000. Leo's case 5 had €2,500! While that felt to me like a very rare OPW opportunity missed, it was still a big win and a big happy moment.

I have no idea if this will be on next week if there's something else Postcodelotterij-related, as mentioned earlier. But every episode that's aired, I'll recap.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 1 post ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » International DoND Forums » International DoND Forums » Rest of the worldAll times are UTC [ DST ]