Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:42 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 5:42 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What is your favourite?
Electronic Table Top Game 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Board Game 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
Handheld Game 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Card Game 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
DVD Game 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Beat the Banker book 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Behind the scenes book 57%  57%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 21

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:24 pm    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject: Dond Merchandise

Warnings: 0
What is your favourite dond game? My favourite is the board game. :D

h2005

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I voted the 'behind the scenes' book as it contains details of previous games, photos of the contestants and so on (even though it does contain some errors) as well as some interesting behind the scenes stuff... I hope they do another this year.

The electronic table top game is also very good and probably the best of all the DOND 'games' available.

The board game is good in as much as if you set it up properly, you can be sure that it is entirely random (unlike the handheld game and the DVD game), although the offers given by the plastic phone are a bit odd at times.

The handheld game is good in theory, but I (along with others) always seem to get a finish involving mid-value reds, and then a blue vs. mid-value red final two, making me suspect it isn't very random.

I don't really know what the card game is, but from what I've seen of it, it seems a bit pointless.

The DVD game is quite slow to operate and I have read about sequences meaning that the same game can happen twice. :?

The Beat the Banker book was the first piece of merchandise as far as I'm aware and it seems a bit pointless.

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:41 pm    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject:

Thank you for posting h2005, I hope they do another behind the scenes book. :D

#1 Box 4 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 pm    Author: #1 Box 4 fan    Post subject:

The Behind the Scenes book and the Boardgame.

But I had to vote for the book as it says left handed contestants have been more successful. :-D

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:07 pm    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject:

Yes, I remember that. That is a spooky fact. :D

JO!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:23 pm    Author: JO!    Post subject:

The Behind The Scenes Book :-D

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:46 pm    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject:

It is a very popular option, thank you for voting JO! :D

Duffer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:40 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:

I don't really know what the card game is, but from what I've seen of it, it seems a bit pointless.

If that's the one that they sold in Marks and Spencer then 'pointless' is a bit of an understatement! From what I remember, it had virtually nothing to do with Deal or No Deal - the only redeeming feature was that it contained 22 chocolates, which I had great fun devouring.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:57 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

Duffer wrote:
h2005 wrote:

If that's the one that they sold in Marks and Spencer then 'pointless' is a bit of an understatement! From what I remember, it had virtually nothing to do with Deal or No Deal - the only redeeming feature was that it contained 22 chocolates, which I had great fun devouring.

Ah yes - I remember seeing those on sale at Christmas time when I went in there once! I think Amazon also did a special deal where you got a free pack of DOND cards if you bought the DVD and the book at the same time, so I think the Marks and Spencer thing was different.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:00 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

h2005 wrote:
Duffer wrote:
h2005 wrote:

Ah yes - I remember seeing those on sale at Christmas time when I went in there once! I think Amazon also did a special deal where you got a free pack of DOND cards if you bought the DVD and the book at the same time, so I think the Marks and Spencer thing was different.

I have the card game, I'll post an image it later. It's basically playing cards with the 22 box amounts and 22 numbers, nothing more to it!

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:49 am    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject:

I have the card game too, it is fun. :D

I am a £250,000 fan!

I posted the 300,000th post. Well done everyone for your hard work on this great forum!

Qwerty

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:41 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Qwerty wrote:
I have the card game, I'll post an image it later.

Thanks to kestral, daniel4389, Tugger, Billy et al who have helped build my image library for these:

h2005

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 am    Author: h2005    Post subject:

I think Endemol missed out by not selling off DOND mugs and maybe even cheap replica boxes - I think they could've made a lot of money out of that. But instead they decide to realise many different versions of what is essentially the same type of thing - the electronic table top game / handheld game / card game / DVD game etc.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:59 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

board game best for me, i get to make up my own - totally unique - offers unlike DVD where it gives you a selection. Plus board game is a lot more fun to play.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

£250,000 fan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:27 pm    Author: £250,000 fan    Post subject:

Thank you for the images Qwerty. :D I really like the dond merchandise. :D

I am a £250,000 fan!

I posted the 300,000th post. Well done everyone for your hard work on this great forum!

ChrisandShane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:09 pm    Author: ChrisandShane    Post subject: Re: Dond Merchandise

The card game is my absolute favorite. Although I'm from US, I love the both the US & UK card game versions of the show.
Hopefully I can get this card game

ChrisandShane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:13 pm    Author: ChrisandShane    Post subject: Re: Dond Merchandise

The card game is my absolute favorite. Although I'm from US, I love the both the US & UK card game versions of the show.
Hopefully I can get this card game (As of 10 September 2012)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Dond Merchandise

I only have the DVD game and it's just rubbish. It's way too slow when picking in a box.

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:35 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Dond Merchandise

Wow, looking at those options brings back memories !

The original DVD game, well, I only found it fascinating because it featured past players. The rest of it was sh|t.

I regularly played the board game, and I've actually kept a full log of each game me and my family ever played.... but not the board game !

And I even had the handheld game at one point, which I had completely forgotten about until this thread reminded me of it !

And I still have that 'Behind the Scenes' book, it's actually sitting in front of me right now ! Somewhere, I even still have that 'Beat the Banker' book !

....wow. All so long ago... :o :(

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Dond Merchandise

Definitely the 'Behind The Scenes' book. The only thing is I was gutted that they never thought to release perhaps smaller books or something in subsequent years with Series 2 Contestants and games, Series 3 Contestants and games etc. like they did for all the Series 1 games.

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]