Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:35 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:35 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:19 am    Author: kestral    Post subject: Bankers Identity Revealed - Daily Mirror Article
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
On The Daily Mirror's showbiz section today they have the headline

EXCLUSIVE: NOEL'S BANKER REVEALED
Ex-Corrie cop Glenn is quiz host's secret phone dealer

The feature starts "THE secret banker who calls Noel Edmonds on Deal or No Deal is former Coronation Street actor Glenn Hugill, the Mirror can exclusively reveal."

It claims that an insider on the show has revealed to them that "Glenn makes his deals with help from two other executives. A computer works out what to offer - but he makes the final decision."

Further into the article it says that he speaks to Noel from the Banker's Room in the Bristol studio and has recently begun talking to the contestants themselves.

Although the last paragraph of the article contains a quote from a show spokesman and says "The identity will never be revealed."

This rumour has been floating around since the show began so can't really see anything in it.

Read the full article here.....

The statement that he has begun talking to the contestants is interesting, as we have quite a few current and future contestants here I wonder if they could throw any light onto this?

Qwerty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:46 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Cheers for that Kestral, though I'm inclined not to 100% believe it. I'm always cautious when it comes to what the tabloid says.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:08 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

Surely we've seen the Banker talking to the contestants many times? The Banker spoke to Aaron about the authenticity of post-deal offers, for example. During Kirsty's game he spoke to Mr Kirsty, commenting on his luck.

The article itself is pure speculation though.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:13 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

MisterAl wrote:
Surely we've seen the Banker talking to the contestants many times? The Banker spoke to Aaron about the authenticity of post-deal offers, for example. During Kirsty's game he spoke to Mr Kirsty, commenting on his luck.

I know there's some one the end of the line, I was referring to the article.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:19 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

Sorry Qwerty, I should have made it clear that I was responding to Kestral's final comment there.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:21 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

MisterAl wrote:
Sorry Qwerty, I should have made it clear that I was responding to Kestral's final comment there.

:oops: Oh right, sorry! :D

kestral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:30 am    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

MisterAl wrote:

Yes, as you say we know the banker speaks to the contestants on the phone as he has done this on numerous occasions.

When I orginally read the article I read it that he has started to talk to them outside of the shows recording. :bonk:

As you say it's pure speculation and this rumour has been going around since the show began. Can't beat a bit of publicity though.....

MisterAl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:37 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject:

kestral wrote:
When I orginally read the article I read it that he has started to talk to them outside of the shows recording.

Ah, I see. I don't think that's what they meant, seeing as they mention the Banker talking "from the banker's room".

The Mirror do seem to be getting on the Deal or No Deal bandwagon, though. They were the paper to run the sequence story, they had the big article last week, and now this one.

wolfie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:45 am    Author: wolfie    Post subject: banker's identity

Glenn Hugill was not the name portrayed as the banker on the credits of the show a couple of days ago. I noticed yesterday that they portrayed the banker as himself again. Did they make a boo boo putting the guy's name up the other night? :oops:

Qwerty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:47 am    Author: Qwerty    Post subject: Re: banker's identity

wolfie wrote:
Glenn Hugill was not the name portrayed as the banker on the credits of the show a couple of days ago. I noticed yesterday that they portrayed the banker as himself again. Did they make a boo boo putting the guy's name up the other night? :oops:

No, they put Richard Oldman on Steve's game (April's Fools Day) as an April Fool's joke (Richard Oldman can be shortened to Rich Oldman as in rich old man :-D)

wolfie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:52 am    Author: wolfie    Post subject: Re: banker's identity

Qwerty wrote:
wolfie wrote:

No, they put Richard Oldman on Steve's game (April's Fools Day) as an April Fool's joke (Richard Oldman can be shortened to Rich Oldman as in rich old man :-D)

DOH how thick am I?!!!! I couldn't remember the name, just as well! I might have started to write to him or something!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:58 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

The Banker's identity will never be revealed that's the whole point as to why you never see him :x

neefs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:05 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

This rumour is so old !!! Its been talked to death already surely ?

We all know that its a distinct possibility that Glen is part of 'Team Banker' but why would we want to spoil it all and dissolve the mystery ?

The Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:43 pm    Author: The Warlord    Post subject: Re: banker's identity

Qwerty wrote:

I noticed that too. I thought it was quite witty for Channel 4.

Deal or No Deal?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Author: Deal or No Deal?    Post subject:

I'd rather not know who the banker is.

Credit Dauphine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:25 pm    Author: Credit Dauphine    Post subject:

Well that's spoilt the atmosphere off the show now.

It was fairly obvious he was an actor and didn't make the initial banker decision.

Kenny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:28 pm    Author: Kenny    Post subject:

I got the news extract if your interested.
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/3781/deal4rz.png

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject: The Banker

... if it is Mr H..... the Bankers is a Sunderland fan!

Glen came and spoke to all our contestants and yes he is from that little village just south of the Georideland Border at the very top of England!

Well that EXPLAINS everything!

Geordie

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject: Re: The Banker

GeordieGerry wrote:
... if it is Mr H..... the Bankers is a Sunderland fan!

Glen came and spoke to all our contestants and yes he is from that little village just south of the Geordieland Border at the very top of England!

Well that EXPLAINS everything!

Geordie

neefs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:39 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

Don't believe everything you read !!

The article cites an 'inside source' and they are notoriously fabricated. This may all be true, however it may be total specualtion !

I for one don't care and don't want to know to be honest. I like the mystery.

I also have my doubts that Geordie believes this story :-D ;-)

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]