Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:50 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:50 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 

MichaelC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:03 am    Author: MichaelC    Post subject: Nice day out...

Warnings: 0
Been back just over an hour from a certain place where I happened to bump into a certain couple who, like me, were due to appear at this certain place for a certain task today ;)

Yes, I met the famous Mr & Mrs Spikey-Clareybabes (doesn't the double-barrel sound posh? :D) and can confirm that they are as nice in real life as they appear to be online :)

We had a cracking day (even if a crash on the M4 contrived to make me late!!), and I think we all thought auditions went well - just going to be nervewracking waiting to see if the phone rings now.

Afterwards, we went for a few beers and some pot pourri (Clare is tasked to explain this one :-D) in the hotel bar. We were having such a good laugh that we were going to go out on the town for some more beers. Now, if the hotel would've taken Visa Electron, the rest of this would've been a slightly different story because they had rooms available for £60 B&B ;)

Unfortunately, they didn't, and as I was over my ATM cash withdrawal limit for the day, I couldn't pay the deposit in cash. Still, the hotel's loss - I just had to switch to Coke - we ended up in Pizza Hut for some p-poor service but nice food (and a nice Ice Cream Factory with Smarties & Chocolate Buttons!) :D Oh, and I get to go to the races at Kempton Park tomorrow (ummm, today), so I can get a full quota of beer intake without worry ;)

Anyway, like I say, it was a good day out, and a top laugh - great to meet you Mr & Mrs Spikey-Clareybabes, let's hope we all get the call!

Cheers

Michael

Cazzie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 am    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

Awww good luck Michael and Mr and Mrs Clareybabes of course :-D

Glad to hear the audition went well, will have fingers crossed for you all.

Caz x

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

kestral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:54 am    Author: kestral    Post subject:
Site Owner, Administrator & Global Moderator

Thanks for the update Michael :smt023

It sounds as though you and Mr&Mrs Clareybabes had a fantastic day.

Fingers crossed for you now that you hear some positive news in the future. :D

mmmmm...... Pot Pourri !!! Clare we await the story ;)

neefs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:29 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

Oh I'm so pleased you had a nice day :-D

I'll be even more pleased if you get the call though :lol:

Can't wait for the pot-pourri story !!! Think it might be a while - they were planning on hitting the pop a little - while the sprogs are away the spikeys will play he he he

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:58 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

Glad to hear you had a nice day and good luck with the call :-D

No Deal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:22 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Glad to hear a nice day was enjoyed by all. That was just one day though- imagine if you all get on the show together; it'll be chaos in the hotel!

Hope the phone rings for you soon.

:D

Jeremy Kyle's Dad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:32 pm    Author: Jeremy Kyle's Dad    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

You shouldn't really drink and drive MichealC! :shock:

clareybabes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:49 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

Hello all! We are now back home after our day out in Bristol!
We had a really nice time sat chatting to people and it was Mr. spikey who spotted Michael filling out his form so we introduced ourselves and nervously waiting for our 5 minute chat on camera. It went really quickly and I talked far too much but hey I had to get as much info in as possible!
I then had to wait for Mr. Spikey to finish his bit and then we both waited for Michael, we were one of the last few people to be seen. We all wanted a drink so went to the bar and chatted about how we think we did and of course how wonderful this forum is!!:)
Now on the tables were little bowls with bits of stuff in which I thought were pot pouri, I had a little chuckle to myself when Michael reached to one of the bowls picked up some bits and then started to eat it!! I didn’t know what to do with myself, I thought is it potpourri or is it nibble? so in order to work it out I thought to myself if Michael quickly goes for his drink in order to take away the taste of perfumed rose petals then its defiantly potpourri, so then Michael quickly goes for his pint!! :shock: I had a little chuckle to myself but then he goes and eats some more!! Either he likes rose petals or it really was a bowl of nibbles. I took a look into the now emptying bowl and I could not understand how anyone could possibly eat this, it looked so much like potpourri, so I thought to myself there is only one thing left to do, my hand went in and got a few bits and I then reluctantly ate them.......Phew it wasn’t potpourri it was infact some nibbles that just looked like they were potpourri, I then had to tell Michael what I was laughing about and we had a good chuckle about it, we then finished off our bowl of "nibbles" and pinched the bowl off the next table!! :-D
A good day had by all , its a shame its been and gone but there may be more to come, fingers crossed!!

Sonnet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:58 pm    Author: Sonnet    Post subject:

Hahaha @ potpourri story :lol: does indeed sound like a good day was had by all!

Kathryn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:11 pm    Author: Kathryn    Post subject:

I also had a nice day out on Friday at the same thing as you guys but I was on at 12. Like clareybabes, I probably said too much - I just waffled. I'd told my parents I was auditioning and when I went to a family thing yesterday, EVERYBODY asked when I'll be on! I think for the next 6 weeks I'll panic whenever the phone rings but I'm really hoping to be picked. Fingers crossed for you guys too!

clareybabes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:15 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

I got asked a question (on camera) i talked for ages and then stopped and said "sorry what was the question!" i went completly off the beaten track and who knows what i said...well i suppose it will give them all a laugh when they look back at the film, i only have to pray that they dont do a "X factor" type programme about the ones who didnt make it and show all our auditions!! :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:

fingers crossed for you to :-D :crossfingers:

neefs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:02 pm    Author: neefs    Post subject:

Someone on 'the Darkside' emailed the shows contact address and reaceived a reply that said there would be no more new auditions coming up in the next six months.

So it looks like you guys got in just in time :-D
I really hope some of us get on !!
Good luck !

MichaelC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:10 pm    Author: MichaelC    Post subject:

Well, what a week that's been - a great day out at Kempton Park last Satdi (only lost £115, but still absolutely no idea how I got home), and mega-busy all week at work :( Just getting time to catch up - and it seems I'm over my rose-petal eating phase :-D

It was indeed a cracking day out t'other Friday, even though the week's gone by so quickly it seems like so long ago - it'd be absolutely mental if we all got on the show. That said, the more I replay my chat & the form, the more I think I'll be incredibly fortunate if I get on (nothing really specific, just a feeling)....anyway, good luck to everyone that was there.

BTW - strange day today - got the winner in the 3.25 @ Aintree, all 3 placed horses on the National (and all backed each way ;-) ), and a tenner on the Thunderball....not usually that lucky, wonder if it's a sign? :roll: :-D

Cheers

Michael

clareybabes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:59 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

Hi Mike!

If thats a sign then what does 6 horses backed and none even finished mean :o ? :D

God this waiting is torture isnt it!! :D

MichaelC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:29 pm    Author: MichaelC    Post subject:

clareybabes wrote:
Hi Mike!

If thats a sign then what does 6 horses backed and none even finished mean :o ? :D

Ouch :(
I'm actually pretty good on the National - each year for as long as I can remember, I've picked at least one of the top 4 finishers. Even though I didn't get the winner this year, it's my best year ever I think - though I'm regretting that last minute switch to Innox (fell at the first!)

Quote:
God this waiting is torture isnt it!! :D

Just a bit! Another potential 7 weeks to go too :shock:
I keep looking at my phone, wondering if it'll ring, but honestly I'm trying to put it out of my mind........honest ;-)

Cheers

Michael

[ 15 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]