Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:17 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:17 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Padmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:53 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject: A new way to play !

Warnings: 0
Hello there...

Just had to say that I thought Bushy played an absolute blinder of a game the other day and my admiration on how he played the game goes out to him...

The main reason for this is NOT the fact he got £25k or the fact he beat the Banker, but the fact that he wrote down the next six numbers he would choose either way, deal or no deal...

How many times have we watched the programme and following a deal are led to believe that they are choosing the numbers that are their original choice...I know it doesn't matter too much, but hey what a breath of fresh air to see Bushy write them down... this way we know how it would have been and not how it might have been...

So good on you Aaron and enjoy your £25k...

Maybe all people should be asked to play this way ?

The Padmaster... :D

bushy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:56 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Cheers Pad - Nancy played that way as well...

No Deal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:00 pm    Author: No Deal    Post subject:

Once a contestant's dealt there's no telling how they would have played on had they not dealt. I liked Aaron's idea of writing the upcoming box numbers down, playing on the way he would have had he not dealt.

There's so many factors to take into account. Would the contestant play it the same way had they not dealt? Would the Banker have offered a swap? Would the player have accepted the swap?

I don't think people should be ASKED to play this way- after all, it's their game and they do as they please- but like you said, it was a breath of fresh air to see Aaron write his numbers down beforehand and play as he would have. I would do the same, I think.

:D

Maltus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:36 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

I think I'd write mine down - but more for my own benefit - I'd want to put all the numbers in a pre-arranged sequence so that however my game went, I knew I wouldn't have played it any other way if it went wrong.

Qwerty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: Qwerty    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
I think I'd write mine down - but more for my own benefit - I'd want to put all the numbers in a pre-arranged sequence so that however my game went, I knew I wouldn't have played it any other way if it went wrong.

I'd do exactly the same Maltus. A pre-arranged sequence would be my preferred strategy.

GeordieGerry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:23 pm    Author: GeordieGerry    Post subject:

I think a pre-arranged stategy is best.
Worked for me!
I made £20!

Geordie

dt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:26 pm    Author: dt    Post subject:

:lol:

Padmaster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:40 pm    Author: Padmaster    Post subject:

GeordieGerry wrote:
I think a pre-arranged stategy is best.
Worked for me!
I made £20!

Geordie

Nice one Geordie, now if you had know that you would only win £20 and placed a bet to the effect before hand....you might have made £50 !!

I would have my numbers selected before hand, then It's easier to blame afterwards...

:D :D :D

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]