Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 16 posts ] 

Will anyone ever DEAL the first offer?
Yes 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
No chance 76%  76%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 26

Maltus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Author: Maltus    Post subject: Will anyone ever deal at the first offer?

Warnings: 0
Matt had a healthy first offer of £8,500 today, but chose to go on. I also remember Kai no-dealing a £9,000 first offer and never getting a higher one. It might spoil the show, but do you think someone will DEAL at that point - say, if they were offered £10,000?

If not, whens the earliest you could see someone conceivably dealing?

sjmuk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:34 pm    Author: sjmuk    Post subject:

I have an agrement with my girlfriend that if i ever get on the show i'd deal once i was offered over 10K as we're trying to move in together.

bushy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:16 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

I believe there is a record first offer coming up soon that might test some people's resolve.

daniel4389

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm    Author: daniel4389    Post subject:

I can't see it happening, as in order to get an offer worth taking, you'd have to have a pretty great board, and would therefore be more inclined to carry on.

And if it does happen, I think they'll probably just not air the show and say the contestant got ill or something. I can't imagine Noel being able to drag out "What would have happened" for a full half an hour!

Power5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:38 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

bushy wrote:
I believe there is a record first offer coming up soon that might test some people's resolve.

Is that the banker's attempt to get rid of a stats expert by any chance? ;)

I take it that it is true contestants are told that their game may not be broadcast if they deal early? There have been a few have dealt on the third offer but none yet on the first or second, and Noel would struggle to fill 45 minutes if that was to happen.

In the case of a show not aired though, wouldn't there be a problem with the days being out of line? Perhaps they would have to make an instant decision that a game wasn't going to be shown, so they could record another one as if it was the "same" day (I find it hard to believe they could do a "setup" game for the player to produce a win of the same amount at a later stage).

bushy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:52 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
I take it that it is true contestants are told that their game may not be broadcast if they deal early? There have been a few have dealt on the third offer but none yet on the first or second, and Noel would struggle to fill 45 minutes if that was to happen.

No, we weren't told that, and I doubt it is true. Obviously the show might be a bit dull but it would at least have some curiosity value. They'd be very cheesed off if it happened on a Saturday, I'm sure.

Plus in practice I'm sure the first 5 boxes and the advice re the deal would be expanded to cover the whole first part.

bushy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:53 pm    Author: bushy    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:

Just realised I didn't answer this point, and people might assume that I was confirming your guess. I'm not!

Cazzie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:26 pm    Author: Cazzie    Post subject:

I think that if somebody did deal on the first offer I don't see it ruining the show.. the tension for the whole of the rest of the game would be unbelievable and it could work and you never know they could still beat the banker...

Well, that's my theory anyway.. it would be a shock at first but I still feel it could work

Caz xx

"Take your hands out of your pockets!" Noel to David 23/03/09...
Do as I say not as I do obviously Noel! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you... Are you drunk?"
David to The Banker 23/03/09

Mental Mickey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:05 pm    Author: Mental Mickey    Post subject:

Location: Secret lair inside a hollowed-out volcano somewhere near Preston
There aren't many DonD "firsts" left, so becoming the first person to take 1p like Nick, or to deal at the lowest amount (Geordie £20) isn't feasible, nor is becoming the first contestant to get a strop on and demand that your identity be removed from stats sites - yes "Player 14", I'm talking about YOU! ;) Being the first person to take £250000 would be nice, but if you wanted your game to be remembered and mentioned ad infintum in future shows then surely someone will deal this early at some point, if just for the hell of it. I'm sure Endomol would probably try and weed out all these 'fame-seekers' at the interview stage though. I doubt they seriously want to have anyone walking at the first offer - it will make for a very boring episode, especially if it was a Saturday show !

clareybabes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:08 pm    Author: clareybabes    Post subject:

sjmuk wrote:
I have an agrement with my girlfriend that if i ever get on the show i'd deal once i was offered over 10K as we're trying to move in together.

what if you had the power of 5 left? would you still deal on £10,000?

Maltus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:05 am    Author: Maltus    Post subject:

Power5 wrote:
bushy wrote:

How prophetic was that, Power5?!

bork

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:14 am    Author: bork    Post subject:

Todays show must have put an emphatic no on the thread question.

The second offer was the most amazing one imo. Given what has happened before, I would have considered that. Hindsight and all.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

bushy wrote:

:lol: :-D :lol:

Power5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:05 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

Maltus wrote:
Power5 wrote:
bushy wrote:

How prophetic was that, Power5?!

Not too hard to pick really, the Banker was always going to respect his knowledge of the odds so it was on the cards if he had a decent start... never expected it to be THAT good though!

Also I think Aaron mentioned the possibility of his show breaking a record or two, though he didn't hint whether they were good or bad ones, could have been Geordie's £20 deal for all we knew!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject:
International Forums Moderator

The Banker wasn't guaranteed to respect Aaron, look at how Geordie (on admittedly a far weaker board) was absolutely destroyed.

Though conspiracists will note that this was one of the sequence games.

Power5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:10 pm    Author: Power5    Post subject:

KP wrote:
The Banker wasn't guaranteed to respect Aaron, look at how Geordie (on admittedly a far weaker board) was absolutely destroyed.

Though conspiracists will note that this was one of the sequence games.

I think if this type of contestant (the "odds"/"advice" person) has a bad game, like Geordie had, the Banker will aim to destroy them, and force them on so there's a strong chance of them leaving with next to nothing. But if they start well like Aaron, the Banker will look to get rid of them to minimise the chance of them going all the way and taking a big amount.

Also I think the banker took advantage of the fact that Geordie was ill and looked like he just wanted to get it over with.

[ 16 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]