Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:16 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 11:16 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

If the NOTHING option was taken out of Box 23, would it have led to more deals at 23?
Yes - They have a better chance to win even more and they won't lose it all! 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No - The thought that they could still lose half is too much to bear..... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Matthew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:31 pm    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Possible nixed Box 23 idea for correct 1st offer prediction?

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
Warnings: 0
A thought just occurred to me a few days ago about a possible idea that could have been used for Box 23 for a correct offer prediction. (within 10%) If the player was within the 10% band, Noel would offer the player a choice. They could either:

- Activate the Offer Button for them to use at any point in the game (without accidently using it at the end of the round!)

OR...

- Allow them to get rid of the NOTHING outcome in Box 23, so that there theoretically would be a more feasible chance of the player taking a punt on 23, knowing that the worst would happen is that they would be halved. (If the NOTHING WAS in 23, I can only assume that during the first commercial break the box would be taken backstage, the NOTHING option would be taken out and another option would be randomly chosen and placed inside, and then the box would be resealed by the independent adjudicator and placed back in it's position.) It's unknown if the show ever considered doing this idea but if they had, I could imagine a lot of the players taking the 2nd option and dealing Box 23, knowing that there was no chance they'd lose it all and a better chance of increasing their winnings. What do you guys think? Would this have been a plausible idea? And do you think it might have led to more deals at 23?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Possible nixed Box 23 idea for correct 1st offer prediction?

I was thinking something along those lines would be interesting, and would make Box 23 have far more intrigue without busting the budget completely. I don't think that's the best spot to have it, though, as button games were often few and far between as is.

Here were the ideas I had for it:

If you get a spanking in the conventional game, NOTHING becomes QUARTER (also makes it so NOTHING won't be a possibility after a jackpot win).

A separate prediction at the 3rd offer where if you are within 10% NOTHING becomes QUARTER. However, miss both predictions and the Banker gets to look inside your box.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

James1978

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:03 pm    Author: James1978    Post subject: Re: Possible nixed Box 23 idea for correct 1st offer prediction?

Both the above sound really good - essentially NOTHING had to go if the box was the be used for much more than anything more than trying to get the +10k out of a low-value game!

"22 identical sealed boxes, and no questions except one.....do a poor deal for an easy few thousand or be brave and win a blue!"

Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:56 pm    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: Possible nixed Box 23 idea for correct 1st offer prediction?

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
American Coupon Boy wrote:
I was thinking something along those lines would be interesting, and would make Box 23 have far more intrigue without busting the budget completely. I don't think that's the best spot to have it, though, as button games were often few and far between as is.

Here were the ideas I had for it:

If you get a spanking in the conventional game, NOTHING becomes QUARTER (also makes it so NOTHING won't be a possibility after a jackpot win).

A separate prediction at the 3rd offer where if you are within 10% NOTHING becomes QUARTER. However, miss both predictions and the Banker gets to look inside your box.

I like both those ideas, that would've been far more intriguing IMO!

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]