Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:27 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 11:27 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

psychokiller

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:01 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Warnings: 0
When your formerly champion and athletic dog starts pissing like a drainpipe whilst being unable to move from its puddled soaked spot due to its legs having surrendered the use of traction, with its eyes and ears now eyes and ears in name only and a voicebox which operates like the a talking kid's toy with the last of its batteries being eked out - that's not a good time to show your friends how it can perform a new trick with a ball and chain.

Deal or No Deal is this dog. Let the dog go. Shoot the dog.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:06 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

psychokiller wrote:
Shoot the dog.

Way to go George Michael :-D

I find 'The Chase' far more interesting and entertaining to watch now anyway. They should try bringing back Wheel Of Fortune in the UK (Absolutely loved it when it was on here in Australia!). They if British WOF was to come back, they'd probably make it all Americanized and gimmicky :?

SteffanDeal20056

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm    Author: SteffanDeal20056    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

hate to be a bearer of bad news but i think we only have 1 episode of deal next week because of royal ascot

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:09 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:
hate to be a bearer of bad news but i think we only have 1 episode of deal next week because of royal ascot

Yep!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

I don't know which show is a bigger joke at this point: DOND UK or Who Wants to be a Millionaire Thousandaire here in the states. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Brick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:46 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Reading this thread, on a 'fan' site, some people are so desperate for the show to end that I'm kinda surprised nobody's gone over to the studio with a rifle and personally shot Noel and the crew dead by now...

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:10 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

SteffanDeal20056 wrote:

This time I was ready for a break next week since the corresponding third week of June has taken time off for horse racing for the last two years

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:09 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Brick wrote:
Reading this thread, on a 'fan' site, some people are so desperate for the show to end that I'm kinda surprised nobody's gone over to the studio with a rifle and personally shot Noel and the crew dead by now...

Ohhhhh, hello. Touched a nerve, have we?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:57 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Interestingly enough, today marks NINE years since the end of Double Deal Week. Remember that? a whole week of DoND where it was TWO shows per day, plus an extra show on the two Sundays (which was typically the DoND-free day in the early days of the show. Oh how we miss our weekend shows! :smt023 ), because they wanted to keep ratings up during the world cup or something.

Bit of a contrast with what they do with the show now to look after the horse-racing fans :-D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Next week, there will be only 3 episodes due to the horse racing rubbish. However, according to Radio Times, the week after that shows NO EPISODE on at all. :shock:
Seems to have been replaced with the next series of 15 To 1. :blueponder

Fan of classic rock and metal

Brick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 am    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Showing my age here, but that brings back memories of the 90s when they used to alternate series of Countdown and 15 To 1 in the 4pm slot.

Did anyone else watch Benchmark during its fortnight in the 4pm slot? From what I heard, DOND and Countdown were ratings smashes in comparison... :laughing

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Will be interesting to see how many in-season breaks they'll be taking in the second half of the year to look after horse racing fans, after DoND comes back from the summer break, whether it'll be few and far between for the rest of the year or they'll continue to do it every second or third week like they have so for

I think the frequent breaks to accommodate horse-racing events have been the predominent theme in the show this year! At least they're doing a good job catching up on some badly-needed break time that we haven't seen in a very long time! :smt023

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

I tried watching Benchmark a couple of times. Didn't like it. The £25k is next to impossible to win due to the stupid questions. :roll:
Not to mention I can't stand Paddy McGuinness!

Fan of classic rock and metal

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:45 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

And now, watch as 75 per cent of the forum descends into a deep, dark depression while their favourite daytime game show takes a much-needed rest for the summer.

Go outside and enjoy life, my friends. Be free.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:51 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!
Forum Games Moderator

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
And now, watch as 75 per cent of the forum descends into a deep, dark depression while their favourite daytime game show takes a much-needed rest for the summer.

Go outside and enjoy life, my friends. Be free.

Dr. Hindsight for president 2016

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!
Forum Games Moderator

Irr.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Last edited by daniel123 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:57 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

daniel123 wrote:
Oh, I remember Season 2 time! Good grief, that was ruddy brilliant. We'd have 50, 60, upwards of 70 of us online at any one point, and it wasn't even a rare occurrence... :D

And back then, even during the DoND summer breaks, the forum was still pretty active which shows how much the forum's (and general public's) interest has declined since then. There's been next to no activity at all on this site since the summer break started, even the non-DoND related threads here have gone almost completely stagnant, sad really :(

I think there's an off chance that 'xxxx Years Since' thread might be bumped up to mention Nong and Paddy's games but that'll probably be it

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Even at 1.10pm - there's only 4 DOND shows this week (Horseracing again on Friday), which means the 5th Grandparent/Grandchild show is on Monday 28th.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

I think they might be trying to phase out the show then. After well over two months off, the show finally comes back and it sounds they're still gonna be taking breaks every second or third week because of horse racing, and I think we can now safely say that the weekend shows are definitely a thing of the past

I have a feeling that soon, they'll start taking entire weeks off for horse racing instead of showing a couple of shows in those weeks!

I think this going to be DoND from now on, for whatever time it has left:

- 5 shows a week (if that)
- No more weekend shows
- A broken run from September to July, with frequent in-season breaks to look after horse racing fans
- No more themed weeks. As the show will be pushed aside for horse racing broadcasts on weeks that themed shows usually occur
- A 2 month+ break from Early July to Late September

It's just amazing how much the show has been scaled back, in terms of how much its shown, since the end of last year!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:16 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: The DoND weeks are getting shorter and shorter!

Sigh....yet another short week because of horse-racing crap :roll:

Are they EVER gonna get through more than 2 weeks without any breaks because of horse-racing again?

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]