Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:20 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

Warnings: 0
I would personally add a triple option to it. What would you add to Box 23

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

I'd change it to an in-game twist and have it used like La Matta is on the Italian version of the show. :-D The options would be:

DOUBLE- the top amount on the board is doubled

HALF- the top amount on the board is halved

+£1,000- the player gets a £1,000 bonus in addition to whatever they Deal at

NOTHING- should the player win a blue from their box, they leave with absolutely NOTHING

ONE TO OPEN- the player may play the last round of the game one box at a time

PEEK- the Banker gets to look inside the box

STAY OR LEAVE- the player has the option to abandon their game and wait on the wings to play again, and someone at random (including the original player) is chosen to take over the game.

GOODBYE- the player MUST abandon their game in the manner outlined above

YOUR CHOICE- the player gets to choose which positive outcome they'd want.

BANKER'S CHOICE- the Banker chooses which negative option will occur.

Whenever the £1,000 box is opened, the pilgrim of the day will open Box 23 to reveal which outcome is in it. Should a player keep the £1,000 in play until the final offer, Box 23 is void.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:57 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

Nice choices :) But if it was BC he would go for nothing as always

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

10% - The player leaves with 10% of their original winnings. I'd replace NOTHING with this.

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:02 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I'd change it to an in-game twist and have it used like La Matta is on the Italian version of the show. :-D The options would be:

DOUBLE- the top amount on the board is doubled

HALF- the top amount on the board is halved

+£1,000- the player gets a £1,000 bonus in addition to whatever they Deal at

NOTHING- should the player win a blue from their box, they leave with absolutely NOTHING

ONE TO OPEN- the player may play the last round of the game one box at a time

PEEK- the Banker gets to look inside the box

STAY OR LEAVE- the player has the option to abandon their game and wait on the wings to play again, and someone at random (including the original player) is chosen to take over the game.

GOODBYE- the player MUST abandon their game in the manner outlined above

YOUR CHOICE- the player gets to choose which positive outcome they'd want.

BANKER'S CHOICE- the Banker chooses which negative option will occur.

Whenever the £1,000 box is opened, the pilgrim of the day will open Box 23 to reveal which outcome is in it. Should a player keep the £1,000 in play until the final offer, Box 23 is void.

I say I rather like these ideas.

Host me a game with this twist and we'll be BF4L.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?
Forum Games Moderator

+1p - replaces Money Back.

Picture this. The player has a *beep* game and ends up with... 99p as a comedy deal. Naturally, they'll use box 23 for a chance to actually gain something decent.

The box is opened, and out comes +1p! The poor player now has £1! :cow :cow :banana: :gimme: :beer: :drunk :robinhood :smt026 :smt041 :sk :box: And confetti and fireworks suddenly adorn the dream factory (depends on the elf n sayftee mumbo jumbo though).

Everybody in the studio must then dance the current 'fad dance'. Of which I don't know what it is yet. Twerking? Oh whatever.

This is another of my long list of smileys that should be added to the current selection! I tell you, when I become admin ;D

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:45 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

DOUBLE
+£15,000
75%
50%
10%

Extra rules.

The player is exempt from purchasing box 23 if they win 1p from either their box or a swap. Think of the mind games the banker could play from 5 box onwards!

The player is exempt from purchasing box 23 if they sold the £250,000 box.

Davao

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:35 am    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

I think they should be an option where you have to go right to the end. Can't deal any offers

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:51 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

kall4i59 wrote:
I think they should be an option where you have to go right to the end. Can't deal any offers

NO OFFERS - The player will receive no more offers and must open the last box.

Something like that?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

BankerSpanker wrote:
kall4i59 wrote:

NO OFFERS - The player will receive no more offers and must open the last box.

Something like that?

Wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of the game? :blueponder

Besides, that option would be equally bad for the Banker as a player could win a Power 5 amount without him getting the chance to try to stop them.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

Yes, good point. It wouldn't be Deal or No Deal anymore.

Davao

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:58 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

How about a option where you win a holiday

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:38 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

kall4i59 wrote:
How about a option where you win a holiday

That could work.

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:43 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?
Forum Games Moderator

"Hello, and welcome to Deal or No Deal - or Deal-No Deal, or Deal No Deal No Deal, or Deal Undeal No Deal, or No Deal Undeal No Deal, or No Deal Deal, or just No Deal."

:ponder: :smt047

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:27 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?
Forum Games Moderator

I may never make sense to you, but my dear boy, this might well be because you perhaps cannot function on high enough a level to understand what I am saying... :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:49 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?
Forum Games Moderator

ironic you posting this

Davao

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:52 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

Any other ideas?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:33 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

I just came up with another idea for Box 23. It will still be used at the end of the game, but there will be two of them: one for blue winners (1p to £999.99) and one for red winners (£1,000 to £250,000).

BLUE BOX 23:

+£10,000
+ A HOLIDAY

HALF
1p
NOTHING

This way people will regularly join the 1p barge in addition to the nothing network and blue winners have a 40% chance of some consolation.

RED BOX 23:

DOUBLE
+£20,000
MONEY BACK

HALF
10%

This will tempt considerably more red winners into risking their winnings on Box 23, though some will still be deterred by the 20% chance of a huge drop.

cfd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 pm    Author: cfd    Post subject: Re: What Other Options Would You Add To Box 23?

How about something like this?

+£10,000
+£5,000
-£1,000
-£3,000
-£5,000

The problem currently is that essentially the only option of any value is +£10,000 due to the amounts being gambled. Double is essentially a blue in the sense it isn't the +£10,000 option.

What the above does make it interesting for is wins in the <£15,000ish region. Say you win £7,000 then there's a decision to be made as -£5,000 is a decent drop. And although it's +EV gamble there's the fact there's a 60% chance to lose money.

Obviously for high wins it becomes trivially straightforward to take box 23. Someone who has just won £50k isn't fussed about -£5,000. But it's more fun to actually open the box than not and the high red wins are few and far between anyway. Most wins are of the low red variety.

Also as there are two + options it should result in more aggressive play. Blue winners now have a 40% chance of getting something.

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]