Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 

rico7

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:37 am    Author: rico7    Post subject: 1p traditions

Warnings: 0
The 1p kiss has definitely been phased out to be replaced with the dance move. Can anyone remember when this 1p tradition started, when it was phased out and when the new tradition started? Also have there been any other 1p traditions?

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1p traditions

The banker using it as an excuse to make low offers and force the player on if it's still in play late in the game :roll:

In season 1, blues were irrelevant in dictating the banker's offers, and everything from probably £100-downwards is pretty much worthless anyway

A majority of the 1p wins happened as a result of poor boards and/or forcing offers, especially ones like Nick, Michelle, Aurora, Olivia, Anji etc. who might as well have had a 20-box opening round as their games pretty much just consisted of 6 joke offers, with average luck in the first part of the game, then the board slowly collapsing to a blue finish, and the opening of their box on the table (or the other one on the wings, if they decided to swap it) was all that mattered really :roll:

Last edited by JamesJMH91 on Sun May 18, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brick

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 pm    Author: Brick    Post subject: Re: 1p traditions

Think it was Gavin's game last month the "penny drop" was first used. Noel looked very confused! :laughing

Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:43 am    Author: Matthew    Post subject: Re: 1p traditions

Location: Paignton, Devon but originally from Keighley, West Yorkshire
rico7 wrote:
The 1p kiss has definitely been phased out to be replaced with the dance move. Can anyone remember when this 1p tradition started, when it was phased out and when the new tradition started? Also have there been any other 1p traditions?

I think it may have started on David's game (8th April 2007) when Noel promised Gaz (26th April 2007) a kiss if he produced the 1p (and he almost did, as he had 10p), certainly happened in James' game (26th September 2007) when he picked Lee (8th October 2007) and requested that if he had the 1p, he wanted a kiss from him. (even though he didn't have it in his box) I think the tradition officially started on Little Rich's game. (1st November 2007) However, Noel didn't actually confirm it as a compulsory tradition until sometime the following year.

It was phased out around May/June 2014 and replaced immediately with the "Penny Drop" dance which TBH, I found a lot more cringier than two blokes doing the 1p kiss. (not that I found anything wrong with that at all) Really don't know why Noel kept going on about that most of the time. And while we're on that subject, I'm sure the male/male 1p kiss was phased out before the actual tradition was, certainly two games from March 2014 when it happened the recipient of the respective 1p box (Anthony & Scott) and the player (Stevie & Anthony), while still standing at the front or just to the side of the board didn't kiss at all; just a big manly hug.

Not that I can remember, but I do vaguely recall J.T's game in April 2006 when he said something about 1p Fadil doing the Hokey Cokey at the hotel bar and he said that if he had the 1p, he would do it in front of everyone and that was exactly what happened! Which I thought was comedy gold!

[ 4 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]